Default CSS One Bedroom Ocean Suite

Does anyone have recent pictures of the One Bedroom Ocean Suite at CSS?

Here's a link to pictures from our stay in G 8, one of our favourite one bedroom ocean suite rooms. They were taken in April of 2011. We just got back from our 8th trip to CSS, and stayed in G 16, another great room. The views, and the large private balconies in those rooms are wonderful!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...2AaOGTdw4ctWoK
    (Karen&Paul)

Thank you so much Karen! Beautiful pictures (makes even more excited!!)

The rooms in G block are our fave!!! G-16 is also where we stayed last fall. Lots of room, huge balcony, great view, and very private. Will try to get the same room this coming October.

We've stayed in the one bedroom ocean suite twice at CSS, I don't have any photos online but they both had a great view and a large porch area. The stairs are the only downfall but we enjoyed burning off some calories and enjoying the peaceful walk.
    Honeymoon @ CSA 2010; CSS 2011 & 2012; CTI June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by novastar View Post
    The rooms in G block are our fave!!! G-16 is also where we stayed last fall. Lots of room, huge balcony, great view, and very private. Will try to get the same room this coming October.
    Ugh...am I there yet??

I keep hearing about the stairs to the ocean suites, but I also hear about the elevator. What's the story? Does the elevator let you skip a lot of the steps?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Not yet, but keep dreaming... dreams do come true. G block is the fave of repeaters who like a great view with great privacy. For us, we don't mind the stairs at all because of the great view.
    We actually did the private dinner on our balcony, even though we booked the wedding gazebo for it, and this October we will again have dinner on the balcony. G block is the gem of rooms.

There are one bedroom ocean suites in D block... and even if you request G block you will not be guaranteed it. Just a word to the wise, D9 and D11 in D block are one bedroom ocean suites, but do not have a view of anything and the balconies are so teensy with two uncomfortable metal chairs that you won't use it. Just a word to the wise, you are not guaranteed G block by booking this room category. AGAIN... I know I keep repeating myself, but please RANDYMON / CSS change this room category for these two rooms!!! It's very disappointing to see the pictures on the website of the view and beautiful large balcony with loungers etc.. for this room category, and then arrive and get assigned to D9 or D11... These rooms themselves are lovely and are in a great location (D Block), but they have basically useless balconies and no view of the ocean whatsoever, no matter how hard you look. So many newbies keep hearing "all rooms at CSS have a beautiful ocean view" and that is simply not true as far as these two rooms. You should not pay the same price for a one bedroom ocean suite and get one of these rooms instead of someone who gets a G block room for the same price... it's night and day as far as view and the balcony. It's not an ocean suite if you can't see the ocean at all in my opinion.

We LOVE Couples Sans Souci and just have this one pet peeve..... I'm putting it out there to inform newbies and repeaters who don't know about these two rooms.

We had G18. Best room on the resort I'm sure. Lots of steps - but if you take the road by the lobby it cuts down on a lot of steps. We had the most incredible view and it was private. This is our first week back to work - I want to cry just writing this because I want to be back at CSS

Quote Originally Posted by D&A913 View Post
    We had G18. Best room on the resort I'm sure. Lots of steps - but if you take the road by the lobby it cuts down on a lot of steps. We had the most incredible view and it was private. This is our first week back to work - I want to cry just writing this because I want to be back at CSS
    Thank you for the tip! I'm sorry to hear that you are back to reality after such an amazing trip I am not looking forward to that at all!

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    There are one bedroom ocean suites in D block... and even if you request G block you will not be guaranteed it. Just a word to the wise, D9 and D11 in D block are one bedroom ocean suites, but do not have a view of anything and the balconies are so teensy with two uncomfortable metal chairs that you won't use it. Just a word to the wise, you are not guaranteed G block by booking this room category. AGAIN... I know I keep repeating myself, but please RANDYMON / CSS change this room category for these two rooms!!! It's very disappointing to see the pictures on the website of the view and beautiful large balcony with loungers etc.. for this room category, and then arrive and get assigned to D9 or D11... These rooms themselves are lovely and are in a great location (D Block), but they have basically useless balconies and no view of the ocean whatsoever, no matter how hard you look. So many newbies keep hearing "all rooms at CSS have a beautiful ocean view" and that is simply not true as far as these two rooms. You should not pay the same price for a one bedroom ocean suite and get one of these rooms instead of someone who gets a G block room for the same price... it's night and day as far as view and the balcony. It's not an ocean suite if you can't see the ocean at all in my opinion.

We LOVE Couples Sans Souci and just have this one pet peeve..... I'm putting it out there to inform newbies and repeaters who don't know about these two rooms.
    Ditto. 100%. Please change the catagory of these 2 rooms. Great rooms, no view or comfort on the balcony.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

D&D913,
    Is G18 an end room farthest from the lobby?

VaCouple,

The elevator is located just below G block, next to the spa and mineral pool. You won't find any advantage when going from G block to the main beach or SSB, but coming back, it does eliminate a few steps up. Our usual routine is spend the day at SSB, take the stairs at D block up and down to the mineral pool, soak there for an hour, and then the elevator up to G block. A great way to finish off a day in the sun before preparing for the night's activities.

Quote Originally Posted by VaCouple View Post
    I keep hearing about the stairs to the ocean suites, but I also hear about theelevator. What's the story? Does the elevator let you skip a lot of the steps?
    The elevator at CSS is nice, but to get from the beach, beach bar and grill, Palazzina, SSB or the main pool to the elevator, you have to walk up 2 flights of stairs and then back down 2 flights. It goes up about 4 flights, so it does save a little. It does save 4 flights from the mineral pool and gym. At the top of the elevator are the One Bedroom Ocean Suites, the lobby, gift shop and Casanova.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Ok reading this I am SOOOOOO confused...we traveled in April 2012 to CSS, had a beachfront suite. We loved it yes, but this time we want the romantic verandah rooms. Is this also the rooms with the walkin shower with windows that open up? We want the privacy and romance. Last time yes we loved walking right from the beach to our room but with returning I think we want to get on that "returning CSS couples bandwagon" and get one of the rooms mentioned. PLEASE help me. I know nothing is guaranteed but this is my 30th birthday and our first trip away from the kiddos since going last year and when I put in my request I want a good one! lol! I appreciate everyone's input!

My personal favorite room category at CSS. We are early 50's never minded the stairs and love the rooms, large balconies and views! G block is our favorite! Best views are from the top! I love that EVERY room at CSS has a full beach view!

Mzambo that is not correct and is a much mis-used phrase when speaking of the rooms at CSS .... every room does NOT have a full beach view or ocean view. As several have found out upon getting D9 or D11.... these are classified as one bedroom ocean suite rooms but have no view..... this is not an exaggeration... they literally have NO view, and the balcony is basically unusable due to its tiny size and the two uncomfortable metal chairs.

So just an FYI to those who don't know and to ask that they stop repeating that when it's not true as it's misleading to those who haven't been there and are expecting the room in the photos of the one bedroom ocean suite description. I too, thought that was the case (that "every room at CSS has a full ocean view" )because people kept telling me that. Then we got D11 and found out that is not true, and then talked to others who got D11 or D9 and expressed the same disappointment of hearing this phrase only to get there and find out differently.

I'm reading this old thread trying to figure out the best room for us at CSS....thinking the one BR ocean suite is the way to go. Now I'm curious about room requests - when you book, can you request a certain room/block? does this require a call to Couples? And now I'm really scared to get D9 or D11!!! I'd hope they would switch you to another room is possible. TIA for any help! : )

The first time we went to css we got D9 - we asked immediately to be moved and ended in D17 - which we have fallen in love with and ask for each time.

The other problem with d9 is its right next to the walkway - no privacy at all.

But to couples credit - I've never seen d9 occupied so I think they realize it's not the most desirable room.

This room category is confusing because almost every one bedroom suite is slightly different.

In D block they have the beautiful blue tile, 2 person showers with the Windows (which are useless in d9 because of privacy) - but the balconies are smaller and only have metal chairs - which btw are perfect for breakfast.

d block has large bedrooms. Some of the rooms in d have great views with privacy, some do not - we love d17 because it overlooks the main beach with the mountains too! There's also several trees that attract a lot of birds and we love to sit on our (tiny) balcony and see the sunset and wild life - you can see the big tree and lake from d17 too!

D block is also in the middle of the resort so everything is close.

F & g block are all about large balconies and long distance views of the ocean. G block on the end and up high is especially quiet and very private but a walk to ssb is more like a hike!

F&g have smaller bedrooms and not all of them have the blue showers - if you read a review that complains about the bathroom, they most likely stayed in one of these rooms as some are very small with just a tub/shower combo

To answer the questions about requests - they don't guarantee it because they can't just leave a specific room open for several days waiting for you to arrive - however - they do their best and so far they have managed to honor our request everytime.

I mean that literally - in 30 nights at css, 29 were spent in d17

Being very specific with your desires and dislikes - and also being a bit flexible - will help insure you get what you want.

For example on our last trip - I requested d17 but listed our priorities (blue tile shower, private balcony of any size in any block) and listed our biggest dislikes (noise/no privacy)

Other considerations - proximity to anything, full ocean view or main beach & mountains, balcony furniture (place to eat or lounger?), number of stairs to climb, sunny or shady balcony.

In the end, there are so many options with the one bedrooms that it all seems to work out :-)

When you check in, if they got it wrong and your room doesn't work for you - let them know - you might have to stay in that room for the night, but the next day New options will open up - be patient and courteous and I promise they will do their best to make you happy (they'll also move your bags and mini bar stuff for you :-)

Btw - I wOuld gladly be in d9 right now if the price were right :-D - I would even wfcss (work from css) if it were low enough - randymon, can I get a 30 nightquote for a stay in d9 :-P

Thanks so much - so much good info!