Thread: Airtran nonstop

Default Airtran nonstop

Great news for Chicago!!!

This may be old news for some but I just found out Airtran is now flying out of Chicago's Midway airport with nonstop flights 5 days a week to Mobay.
    After Air Jamaica stopped this service a couple years back, we've had limited flights available even with two international airports in town. What was available was both limited (nonstops anyway) & expensive too. I just checked for two people round trip in October it would be a total of $723 which is about half of what we paid on AA our last trip.
    At this price, maybe go to Couples twice a year??????

We booked our flight on Air Tran (after I obsessively researched every available flight option) for our October 2013 trip to CSS. There was no non stop option for our departure, but we are scheduled non stop for our return. Rjammin, I agree that the fares are very competitive.
    Kelly & Troy
    CTI 2010
    CSS 2013
    CN 2015

WOW! that's a great place for nonstop for two people!!

We booked the direct flight for Jun 30 - Jul 5 and were thrilled. It was "subject to Govt approval" when we booked but has been approved since then. We paid about $950 which was in the ballpark for other airlines with one stop.

We think the direct flight is a great option!

We are flying Air Tran direct, non-stop from Baltimore...it was worth a couple hours drive to my cousin's and personal shuttle to the airport....70 more days!
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013

Thanks for the info. We may have to look at this alternative to flying out of Ohare. Return trip to CSA in 2014 booked today.

Thanks for posting. You'd think O'Hare would have more non-stop flights than Midway so I never thought about checking Midway. AND it's a great price!

Quote Originally Posted by bek63 View Post
    We are flying Air Tran direct, non-stop from Baltimore...it was worth a couple hours drive to my cousin's and personal shuttle to the airport....70 more days!
    We just got off that flight last night, Was great customs is a breeze. BUTTTTT be prepared to wait in a LONGGGGG AirTran line coming home, seems like everybody also likes them. The lady at counter says its been like this for weeks. I am not kidding we waited in line at the counter for at least an hour and a half on a SATurday, so if your flying out on a Saturday have couples take you an extra hour before. We had to do the RUN to the gate, thank god we had the Mobay cause that got us there to even MAKE the plane. The AirTran flight itself was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeinpenn View Post
    We just got off that flight last night, Was great customs is a breeze. BUTTTTT be prepared to wait in a LONGGGGG AirTran line coming home, seems like everybody also likes them. The lady at counter says its been like this for weeks. I am not kidding we waited in line at the counter for at least an hour and a half on a SATurday, so if your flying out on a Saturday have couples take you an extra hour before. We had to do the RUN to the gate, thank god we had the Mobay cause that got us there to even MAKE the plane. The AirTran flight itself was awesome.
    Thanks for the info...we are flying in on a Tuesday, and out the following Wednesday, to avoid weekend travel. Good to hear that Air Tran was a good experience!
    Becky and Bud, VA, USA
    CTI 6/30 - 7/5/2011
    CTI 7/2 - 7/10/2013