Default Getting married at Couples

Having witnessed over a hundred weddings during the 12 years I've been going to CSA, I wasn't sure how I'd react to getting married there. In truth, it was Suzi's idea, one that I will forever be thankful to her for suggesting.

The first thought that crossed my mind was the shear number of weddings they have here on any given day. During our nine-day stay, there were 27 weddings scheduled - three a day on average. Would we be just another filled slot in an already over-booked day? Would I be able to shake the almost factory-like precision at which these events occur from my thoughts? And of the greatest importance, would the day really have that special meaning that a wedding day is supposed to have?

To say that this was a day I will remember for the rest of my life belittles the wondrous feelings that came over me from the moment Priscilla pinned flowers to my shirt until the last photo was taken. The absolute joy and love I felt for Suzi as we stood on the beach and listened to the minister I had watched all those times, unaware just how happy this man could make me feel, was almost overwhelming. Even now, as I write this, I'm struggling for words, and for a writer, that's really embarrassing. The simplicity of standing barefoot on the beach, the breeze barely felt, the waves almost silent as he spoke the words I never thought I would hear, it was for all the world as though magic was happening and we were at its epicenter.

There was never a moment during the ceremony that I felt anything besides being the most important couple in Jamaica to everyone from CSA who was there. A wedding is the beginning of a life together for two people, taking that first step with so much love is the best way to go. If you are thinking about getting married at Couples, let this be the post that convinces you to set the date.

Name:  wedding 047.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  16.8 KB
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

AWESOME!!!!!Congratulations!!!!!!!

I agree with you 100%. We've been to CSA many times and have watched the weddings. I wondered how personal they could be, given that it seemed almost like an assembly line. Last year we were honoured to be asked to stand up for a couple we had met there. They were getting married, but it was just the two of them. We were so impressed at how special it all felt. A big part of it was the minister. He made us all feel like this was the only wedding he was doing. Everyone else on the beach seemed to disappear and it was just our little group. The wedding staff and photographers put everyone at ease and it all went flawlessly.

Oh my gosh...thanks for posting this!!! I absolutely LOVE your photo! And, congratulations to you & Suzi--we wish you both the best & a happily everafter

We leave May 8th and will be wed on the beach on the 11th! We are so excited--and nervous! Since this our 1st marriage, people thought we were crazy not to have the big, fancy, "normal" wedding, but that just wasn't/isn't us. For one thing, we're almost 40, so the idea of spending that much money seemed silly. We're spending 1/2 that + for a dream come true! For another, getting married isn't about "the event" or the "big party" for everyone else, it's about spending the rest of your life together. It's about creating that moment when you vow to spend the rest of your life together and making it your own! And this, what you said, and the moment this picture captured...that is us As if I couldn't wait before, I really can't wait now! Only 16 more days until we leave, and 19 until we are officially offical....eeeeks!

Gina & Jason

Congratulations you two! I know exactly how you feel. Every time I see a wedding I get emotional and think of how special our day was. Glad to read you had a wonderful time.

Ricky,

Congratulations!! My wife and I were married at CSA 10-20-10. There were 4 weddings scheduled that day. But they made us feel like we were the only ones there. By the way my wife Vonda and I sat with you and Suzy at the repeaters dinner in Oct 2011.