Default CSS Private Dinner Menu

We are heading to CSS in July or our honeymoon and we really wanted to do the private dinner in the gazebo after reading such amazing reviews about it here on the message boards.

We contacted the romance concierge and they sent us more information. When we read the menu, there wasn't really anything on there that fit my picky tastes.

Do you know if there is a way to customize the menu? Or you can only choose from the options that they provide?

I'm sure they will work something out. However we love bella vista for the eating on the beach vibe. It is so romantic and quiet! Enjoy and congrats!!!!

We just got back from CSS and were in the same boat. We booked the gazebo dinner and weren't too excited about the standard menu. When we checked in, we talked to the Guest Services desk, wrote down what we wanted, and received a 'No Problem, Mon!' The dinner was amazing - we were able to order custom appetizers, soup, salad, steak & shrimp, and dessert. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by superhooper View Post
    We just got back from CSS and were in the same boat. We booked the gazebo dinner and weren't too excited about the standard menu. When we checked in, we talked to the Guest Services desk, wrote down what we wanted, and received a 'No Problem, Mon!' The dinner was amazing - we were able to order custom appetizers, soup, salad, steak & shrimp, and dessert. Have fun!
    Apparently the "No problem, mon!" attitude has waned a bit. We asked the romance concierge who we were dealing with if we could customize the menu at all and were told that they would only change based on dietary or allergy restrictions; not to account for personal tastes.

Quite disappointed as we were really looking forward to a private dinner for our honeymoon.

Oh well - I am sure the meals in the restaurant will be just as romantic!

The quality of the food is a bit better with the private dinner than in the restaurants, if that makes any difference. We booked the wedding gazebo and my husbands lamb was a lot bigger portion than at Cassanova and melt in your mouth. I ordered the steak and lobster, and although I did not eat the meat, my husband just loved it. They have cut down the choices considerably though, just in the last little while.

Grayturtless...

We assumed the quality of the food would be exceptional; which is why we were excited to plan the dinner to celebrate being newlyweds. It is definitely a no-go though, as they said they would not accommodate menu changes.