Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default New hot tub at SSB

Noticed others posting here also being told this by CSS staff....

Friends recently back from CSS were told by CSS management that the "backyard style" hot tub at SSB is history and will be replaced with a larger in-ground style one by this time next year. No specific dates given but design is already complete. Imagine improvement will commence in off season.

This is quite welcome news as the current hot tub is just plain silly and really detracts from the character / quality of the surrounding area.

With our first trip in July, I just hope they wait until we leave before construction starts. But just looking at the pictures, you are right, it just looks silly.

Great news! Thanks for sharing as I had not heard this.

That sounds great! Hopefully it'll be done by next March :-)

All, please post information about construction as it occurs....

What we have heard....

The Couples Resorts higher ups are just now realizing that there is a HUGE market of AN travellers currently looking for an upscale resort in Jamaica with good Au-natural facilities. Their current plans are to build a larger in ground hot tub, remove the cave/waterfall and make the entire pool one depth thus more than doubling the useable size and creating a nice area for pool volleyball, expanding the food offerings on the A/N side, and putting in a breaker to prevent beach erosion from the river thus enabling sand to fill back in to the water area just off of the A/N beach creating a very nice wading and floating ocean area.

cpanddp, where/when did you hear all this info??? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cpanddp View Post
    ... and putting in a breaker to prevent beach erosion from the river ...
    And maybe cut down on the gawker boats from other resorts.

btw: those sound like wonderful changes.

I like the cave and waterfall!!!!

I hate to see them get rid of the cave and the shallow side My husband and I aren't the party/volleyball kind and we've always enjoyed laying in the shallow water because it kinda gives a separation from the party people and the quieter people. Plus the cave is a just a cool feature.

The hot tub will be nice though - I can't remember ever seeing someone in that tub. Glad they see the need to upgrade for the AN crowd - now CN needs to upgrade their AN beach by adding a bar & grill!

Oh, NOOOOO!!! I love the waterfall/cave at SSB! Listening to the peaceful sound of the falling water....watching the birds get a quick bath on top of the waterfall rocks...letting the cooling water fall on my body as I lie on a floatie half in and half out of the cave...taking a dip in the deeper water of the cave...enjoying the welcome shade provided by the waterfall structure. Please, please don't take that away!

It's funny, when we were at CSS 2 weeks ago, we were joking about how we should start pulling out the stones from the waterfall feature to see if we could get it to fall down! More and more people seem to be coming over to SSB, and it's getting very crowded. We counted over 50 people in the "pool bar" end of the pool - very little free space - and we were commenting on how much space the waterfall feature and the shallow end of the pool take up. If they could open up the entire pool to a good depth, then there would be so much more room.

The week we were at SSB, there was also a keen interest in volleyball, and those playing had a great time. However, with the way the pool is now, when volleyball is being played, there is no room for anyone else to cool off in the pool. With the full pool opened up, volleyball could be played at one end, and still leave lots of room for the rest to get cooled off in the pool, and also leave the bar protected from stray balls that often knocked over drinks on the bar.

We think this would be a very wise decision to make for SSB, and hope to see it happen.
    (Karen&Paul)

Default Here's two couples to agree with lpmp

Quote Originally Posted by lpmp View Post
    I hate to see them get rid of the cave and the shallow side My husband and I aren't the party/volleyball kind and we've always enjoyed laying in the shallow water because it kinda gives a separation from the party people and the quieter people. Plus the cave is a just a cool feature.

The hot tub will be nice though - I can't remember ever seeing someone in that tub. Glad they see the need to upgrade for the AN crowd - now CN needs to upgrade their AN beach by adding a bar & grill!
    We enjoy the serene environment of Sunset Beach. The cave adds a bit, and the hot tub needed replacement. Other than that we like it as it is! For those who enjoy a volleyball bouncing off their heads and spilling their drinks there is already a net at the main pool.

Karen, I agree with all that you have said because it's rational and makes sooo much sense; however, I have to admit that I love the grotto and the shallow end of the pool just to "chill" for peace and quiet. Glad you and Paul had a wonderful trip! Counting down the days to our July trip!:-)

Randymon -

How much of this is rumor and/or speculation and how much is true? So many things get spread around and then discredited, I'll believe it when I hear it from you!

when is all this work to begin? We will be there from Nov 4th to the 13th all the time we will be on SSB for quite time no noisey workers

Default Construction time !

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    I like the cave and waterfall!!!!
    Construction for a new hot tub shouldn't affect SSB pool time, though construction of a new pool will close that area for 2-3 months. Ouch! We'd have to look for a different vac. location

Quote Originally Posted by jim&judy View Post
    when is all this work to begin? We will be there from Nov 4th to the 13th all the time we will be on SSB for quite time no noisey workers

Noisy as well as gawkers???
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Quote Originally Posted by barbjer View Post
    Construction for a new hot tub shouldn't affect SSB pool time, though construction of a new pool will close that area for 2-3 months. Ouch! We'd have to look for a different vac. location
    I agree. We are scheduled to be there in September and I would be VERY disappointed if the SSB pool is closed during the time we are there. I would hope that Couples management would give some advance notice of construction so that guests can make an informed decision on whether they want to stick with their plans to go to CSS or switch to another Couples resort.

Quote Originally Posted by barbjer View Post
    We enjoy the serene environment of Sunset Beach. The cave adds a bit, and the hot tub needed replacement. Other than that we like it as it is! For those who enjoy a volleyball bouncing off their heads and spilling their drinks there is already a net at the main pool.
    Could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!! Don't need another GLBraco!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allans_Angel View Post
    Randymon -

How much of this is rumor and/or speculation and how much is true? So many things get spread around and then discredited, I'll believe it when I hear it from you!
    Yes Randymon we would love to hear from you on this? Is this true...? Or is it not? Closing of the pool at SSB would be a shock if we got there and did not know it. We are planning a trip in the "off season" and i would expect this done during this time if it was gonna be done at at.

Patiently awaiting your response Randymon. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by craniums View Post
    Could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!! Don't need another GLBraco!!

Yeah, what he said !!

yes Randymon or any other Couples Staff Please answer ! The question we booked for Nov 3th to the 13 2013 ples let me know

New hot tub for SSB confirmed by Randymon! with more improvements to come. Ya Mon!

randymon

We do have lots of plans but at the moment the only thing that I can confirm is the jacuzzi project. We have submitted that project for approval and hope to start work shortly.

Of course, we obviously recognize how fast our AN clientele is growing - so we have made that area a point of emphasis on our project wish list. If anything else starts to come to fruition I'll send you an update.

Official answer from Randymon at this link:

http://couples.com/mb/couples-main-m...-answer-23839/

Default Hot tub & other changes

Quote Originally Posted by jakemon View Post
    Noticed others posting here also being told this by CSS staff....

Friends recently back from CSS were told by CSS management that the "backyard style" hot tub at SSB is history and will be replaced with a larger in-ground style one by this time next year. No specific dates given but design is already complete. Imagine improvement will commence in off season.

This is quite welcome news as the current hot tub is just plain silly and really detracts from the character / quality of the surrounding area.
    Just returned and were told that several enhancements are in the planning stages. They include a permanent hot tub, an additional restaurant and possibly 40 additional rooms. Seems they are trying to acquire the property located to your right as you walk towards SSB. While not separate, the AN area would be a little more self-contained but not exclusive. The AN beach seems to be getting more popular, but more to the point the overhead of the older buildings shrinks the margins. The feeling was expressed that 200 rooms would be ideal. No time table was mentioned and the property is still not acquired, but a recent passing of one of the sisters has spawned the plans. Time will tell!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast