Default Chocolates, candies, & School supplies

We were reading on the "wish I had thought of that" thread about the Chocolates, candies, & school supplies. Our question is, who do you give the stuff to? How do you distribute the "gifts"? We understand it's in lieu of tipping the staff that can't accept cash tips, just not sure of the protocol. This will be our first trip in just a few weeks!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Hi VaCouple, We generally leave chocolates out in our room everyday for the housekeepers. I also take chocolate to our favorite staff members. As for the school supplies at CSS I know you can leave them with the front desk staff and I know that they will get distributed. Have a wonderful trip!

We were at CTI last week and we dropped off candy packets to the cleaning staff and in the buffet area.

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    Hi VaCouple, We generally leave chocolates out in our room everyday for the housekeepers. I also take chocolate to our favorite staff members. As for the school supplies at CSS I know you can leave them with the front desk staff and I know that they will get distributed. Have a wonderful trip!
    Thanks for the help. How does the housekeeper know they are for them if you leave them out in the room?
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

My wife took peanut M&M's in the fun size and "gave them out like candy"!

She left them on the bed for the cleaning lady, gave them to people working at the bar, restaurants, just about anyone she saw. They were very appreciative.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

MidManiac group will be there from May 18-26. One of our group works with the staff to get school supplies to a local elementary school. We bring, crayons, coloring books, pencils, stickers, etc. Email me and I can give further detail. sodsqad@aol.com