Hybrid View

Default One last question (promise!)-- private horseback riding?

One last thing on my honeymoon wish list... horseback riding on the beach. I know CSS no longer does this as an included excursion, but will they be able to help us arrange for a private ride with one of the companies? We're long-time horse owners but have never gotten a chance to ride in the water!

Yes. There is a separate excursion desk (not Couples) right next to the Couples one. You can book it there. Along with any other tours you would like to do. We were planning on doing the horseback riding when were at CSS this past March. I, too, have a horse here at home but have never ridden in the ocean before. But we just didn't make it. Sand gravity, ya know?

It's on our to-do list when we return next year if we don't do it in Negril this Fall (going to CN in Nov).
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

I know if you go to the Tour Desk, you can book horseback riding excursions through the local companies (I believe they use Chukka for horseback riding). I know chukka offers private rides, as well as group rides. We were thinking about doing this on our weddingmoon also, but ended up getting sand gravity. You would have to check with the tour desk to see if they specifically offer PRIVATE rides, or just the standard ride.

They do offer private rides I believe it's through Chukka or hooves. I'm an experienced rider as well so the thought of trotting in a long line is mind numbing. We were going to do this on our last trip but we also ended up with sand gravity. There was another couple that went went and they said it was great, the guides do a pre-ride assessment to make sure you do know what you're talking about and then they said you basically set your own pace.