Hybrid View

Default New Beach Towel Policy...New Problems???

The new beach towel policy at Couples of not requiring guests to turn in their beach towels at the end of their stay was a welcome one but it did create another problem. People just walk away from their used towels when they leave the beach each day resulting in almost all the chaise lounges appearing to be still in use. I hope Couples will encourage guests to take their towels with them off the beach when they are done and drop them in a wet towel bin or leave them in their rooms. Maybe a little thing but it is one that helps other guests who arrive later in the day or are returning from an excursion. Just trying to be considerate.

Yup, we noticed this in January. However, if we saw chairs with crumpled towels only (and no personal effects), we just assumed that the chairs were available. But it would be nice if folks would take the extra effort of bringing their towels back to their rooms or to a towel drop off point.

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by rckbert View Post
    The new beach towel policy at Couples of not requiring guests to turn in their beach towels at the end of their stay was a welcome one but it did create another problem. People just walk away from their used towels when they leave the beach each day resulting in almost all the chaise lounges appearing to be still in use. I hope Couples will encourage guests to take their towels with them off the beach when they are done and drop them in a wet towel bin or leave them in their rooms. Maybe a little thing but it is one that helps other guests who arrive later in the day or are returning from an excursion. Just trying to be considerate.
    Oooops, I hope it wasn't mine laying on the chair. I have to admit that it is nice not having to worry about the towels at the end now but I did inadvertingly leave our towels on a couple chairs. We got so lost in the moment for the evening gala that we did leave them at the pool on some chairs. Next day searching all over for them in the room and then realized we left them out.

I had not heard about the new policy. So, what do you do with your towels at the end of the day, take them back to your room and leave them on the bathroom floor. Then, the maid brings clean ones the next morning?
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

These forgotten cotton items have sullied a few nighttime exposures. Was I a bit inebriated while taking the pics and didn't notice them? Perhaps.

CTI has stations so you can refresh your towels. Toss in the old, take the clean one back to your room. These stations are often less than 50ft from the orphaned towels.

Sadly, you just can't make everyone care.

Another problem with the new beach towel policy is that sometimes there are no clean beach towels available. At CN last fall we would always put our towels in the "dirty towels" bin at the beach before heading up to our room for the evening, and then the next morning we would pick up clean beach towels at the pool/beach on our way out to a lounger. On two different mornings there were no clean towels available. The first morning it happened we were really confused and an older lady who was clearly a frequent Couples visitor saw our confused looks and explained. She told us that now that they have implemented the new beach towel policy the resort sometimes runs out of clean towels because a lot of people don't turn their beach towels in anymore, they just keep getting fresh ones. So basically, there are more fresh towels going out than dirty towels coming into the system.

After that, we only turned in our dirty beach towels once we were able to obtain a clean beach towel. We figured that we'd rather have a dirty beach towel than no beach towel at all.

We were at CTI in 2011 and they had the relaxed towel policy then. As mentioned, there were stations for you to take fresh towels whenever you liked, and drop the used ones into a laundry bin. It was handy, but we also noticed then that a lot of people didnít bother returning their towels. It was difficult to know if someone was still using the chair. Sometimes they were piled on the chair, or the ground, so you knew, but sometimes they were still laid out. Sometimes the wind blew them off. So with all the unreturned towels all around the resort, occasionally there wouldnít be fresh ones in the early afternoon for a short bit (never a problem, and no wonder). So as much as we liked the freedom, I didnít think it worked very well. Unfortunately too many people are lazy.
    When we went to CSS after CTI they had the towels at the water sports hut and you could only take one at a time when you returned a dirty one. The same was the case at CSA way back when we were there.
    So what is the process at other than CTI now?