Default Will I ever see CN again? I could just cry.. ugh!!!

So we got back a week ago from our wonderful weddingmoon at CN. We loved everything and we soooooooo look forward to going back. We loved the atmosphere at CN, the beach, just everything. But there is a problem, my single brother. The 3 of us have always vacationed together (2 a year) and it has always been fun and awesome, until I fell in love with CN. I would feel awful telling my brother we can't vacation with him because we want to go back to Couples. I have been looking at other islands, other resorts, but none of them measure up to CN. Ugh!
    So for those in my situation, any advise??

Looks like Bro may only get to vacation with you once a year in the future.

Tell him to find a "companion" to go with you guys!!

Find your brother a wife and they can go to Couples too!

Your kidding right? Your brother? What, is he 12?

I'm sorry, I just find it odd that you would scratch Couples off your vacation list because you can't bring your brother along as a third wheel.

Is it just me? Could be I suppose.

Hey, maybe your brother will find a partner and then the four of you could enjoy Couples all together, assuming he's over 18. It's a thought anyway. Good luck!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Get him a friend....

find him a woman!

You can always do a split stay between CN and another adults only resort on the island and meet him there of you can set him up with someone so you can travel together.

Give your brother some credit for being understanding. Nothing prevents you from continuing to include him once a year. Who knows, perhaps he will soon find a significant other and you can introduce them to the Couples family!

As a newlywed, maybe your new husband would also appreciate spending one of your vacations with you alone instead of you and bro....

I don't know anyone in that situation.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Maybe it's because I haven't experienced it yet (just booked CSA for next spring). I am so excited, love everything I've read about Couples. It's just the Couples thing that seems a little odd. Or the overwhelming protection of it by others on it. Maybe because I've never been single and troubled by those days. Not hating on the concept, just don get why its such a big deal. I too have a close sibling that I vacation with, so I understand your dilemma. Hopefully he gets a girlfriend or close friend so he can join you.

Amanda, bad news, you will never see CN again (passes crying towel) OK gotta run, CN is calling us

Quote Originally Posted by Amyrlin View Post
    Maybe it's because I haven't experienced it yet (just booked CSA for next spring). I am so excited, love everything I've read about Couples. It's just the Couples thing that seems a little odd. Or the overwhelming protection of it by others on it. Maybe because I've never been single and troubled by those days. Not hating on the concept, just don get why its such a big deal. I too have a close sibling that I vacation with, so I understand your dilemma. Hopefully he gets a girlfriend or close friend so he can join you.
    The "Couples thing" seems odd? No springbreakers. No large groups of singles checking out your significant other. I wouldn't vacation any other way!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Wow--- are you from Arkansas ? sorry, i couldnt resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyrlin View Post
    Once you go you will know.

my Dad went as a single and it was expensive but if he has the money go for it

Why would your brother want to go to a resort with only couples there? Since you two need time as just a couple, go to CN once a year and then vacation with your brother the other time that same year. Maybe your brother is still single because he's always hanging out with his sister and her husband. Couples resorts are for couples in love, not families. This seems like a no brainer to me.

What part of the word "COUPLES" is hard to understand???? There are plenty of family resorts & adult only resorts in Jamaica so why is it that the people that don't fit that criteria choose the 1 resort that is for COUPLES ONLY & want the people that go there for that very reason to be OK with it?????? It's a "big deal" because my husband & I have been to the adult only resorts & it's a whole different atmosphere than Couples has ...... We go for the romantic relaxed setting that a COUPLES ONLY resort offers .... If that's not what we're getting, then we will quit going there. I can understand being close with your siblings BUT if you can't go on a vacation with just your spouse without including them, then there is a problem.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    What part of the word "COUPLES" is hard to understand???? There are plenty of family resorts & adult only resorts in Jamaica so why is it that the people that don't fit that criteria choose the 1 resort that is for COUPLES ONLY & want the people that go there for that very reason to be OK with it?????? It's a "big deal" because my husband & I have been to the adult only resorts & it's a whole different atmosphere than Couples has ...... We go for the romantic relaxed setting that a COUPLES ONLY resort offers .... If that's not what we're getting, then we will quit going there. I can understand being close with your siblings BUT if you can't go on a vacation with just your spouse without including them, then there is a problem.
    She never said she wanted to take her brother to Couples. In fact, she stated that she could NOT return to Couples because her brother has to go on all of the vacations with them. Maybe you should read the question before replying with a snotty reply!
    And I did real all the other replies and not one of them suggested they take her brother along to
    Couples. Why didn't you use the "Reply with Quote" option? If you don't reply to a specific post, it means you are replying to the original post!

Last edited by Wally; May 1st, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    She never said she wanted to take her brother to Couples. In fact, she stated that she could NOT return to Couples because her brother has to go on all of the vacations with them. Maybe you should read the question before replying with a snotty reply!
    Maybe you should read all the other replies before you reply to mine ..... I wasn't replying to the original poster as much as I was to another poster that said that they thought the couples thing was a little odd & didn't understand others being so protective of it & didn't see what the big deal was about it being couples only. Also, if you read the other replies, you'll see that others were way harder on the original poster about wanting to vacation with her brother every time.
    Julie

because Couples is the best there is and when you love your family you want them to experience it with you if possible, how sad that anyone would have anything negative to say about that

Quote Originally Posted by Maxernie View Post
    Maybe you should read all the other replies before you reply to mine ..... I wasn't replying to the original poster as much as I was to another poster that said that they thought the couples thing was a little odd & didn't understand others being so protective of it & didn't see what the big deal was about it being couples only. Also, if you read the other replies, you'll see that others were way harder on the original poster about wanting to vacation with her brother every time.
    Maybe you should use the “Reply with Quote” so people know want you are talking about. And I did read all the replies and not one of them suggested taking a single along to Couples. Maybe YOU should read all the other replies!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I agree with most that it is called COUPLES for a reason.... no explanation needed.

Wow, did not expect this type of response.. I would never think of taking my brother with us to Couples. I am however considering 3 vacations a year