Thread: 50th and 19th

Default 50th and 19th

Leaving for CSA Feb 26th 2010. Celebrating 50th b-day and 19th anniversary (on Feb 27th) care to join us? Look for the packer jersey with the number 50 on it (guess you can tell we're coming from Wisconsin). All drinks and food on the house...lol. Anyone been to Ricks Cafe or Alfred's in Negril? Please post photos or comments. Don't know how many days, but can't waitA as you may or may not know this will be our 1st time to CSA and we just cant wait. Anyone have any pics to post of CSA would be highly thankful.Also we would love to meet up with anyone going to CSA @ the same time.Please respond and thank you all for your time...John & Nancy

Please free to send e-mail we will be glad to respond to yours

2bbs@wi.rr.com
    Last edited by 2bbs; September 24th, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

2BBS, Where in Wisconsin are you from? My husband and I are from central Wisconsin (Loyal to be exact). We will be going to CSS for our second trip in December. Can't do the February thing since our vacation money comes from my second job at H&R Block during tax season, and that is the busiest part of the season.

Enjoy your trip, and Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary.
    Linda

Default made me think a bit...

I'm from MN (Duluth) and we border Superior, WI. Your post made me think about tax season. My hubby and I will be going to CSS in February to celebrate our 10 yr. anniversary. I run a tax prep business out of my home. Leaving for 8 days during my busiest time of year really stresses me out. I don't know how I am going to pull it off. I guess I'm trying not to think that far ahead. Most of my clients are great people and will be pretty understanding of the break my hubby and I need. We haven't vacationed since our honeymoon. This will be the first time we've been apart from our two young sons, longer than 48 hours, since their births. AND we'll be missing our oldest one's 8th birthday (which we are having his party before we leave).

I'm hoping it will all be worth it.

As a grandmother, I can tell you, it will be worth it. I only wish that my husband and I could have afforded to do it when our children were little. We lived just above poverty, and couldn't hardly afford to go out for a night, let alone on a vacation. So enjoy it. You will find you will probably appreciate the kids more as well as each other.

As far as the taxes go, Do what you can before you leave, and the rest will be waiting for you when you get home. The work always is. I just can't afford to take the time off, because as an "employee" I would loose money, which is what I need to go home.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    2BBS, Where in Wisconsin are you from? My husband and I are from central Wisconsin (Loyal to be exact). We will be going to CSS for our second trip in December. Can't do the February thing since our vacation money comes from my second job at H&R Block during tax season, and that is the busiest part of the season.

Enjoy your trip, and Happy Birthday & Happy Anniversary.
    we are from the Germantown area 10 miles outside of Milwaukee...this will be our 1st trip to CSA

Quote Originally Posted by mblatour View Post
    I'm from MN (Duluth) and we border Superior, WI. Your post made me think about tax season. My hubby and I will be going to CSS in February to celebrate our 10 yr. anniversary. I run a tax prep business out of my home. Leaving for 8 days during my busiest time of year really stresses me out. I don't know how I am going to pull it off. I guess I'm trying not to think that far ahead. Most of my clients are great people and will be pretty understanding of the break my hubby and I need. We haven't vacationed since our honeymoon. This will be the first time we've been apart from our two young sons, longer than 48 hours, since their births. AND we'll be missing our oldest one's 8th birthday (which we are having his party before we leave).

I'm hoping it will all be worth it.
    will you be down there at CSA when we are there...if so please let us know..thank you for you response and to all responses thnk John & Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    As a grandmother, I can tell you, it will be worth it. I only wish that my husband and I could have afforded to do it when our children were little. We lived just above poverty, and couldn't hardly afford to go out for a night, let alone on a vacation. So enjoy it. You will find you will probably appreciate the kids more as well as each other.

As far as the taxes go, Do what you can before you leave, and the rest will be waiting for you when you get home. The work always is. I just can't afford to take the time off, because as an "employee" I would loose money, which is what I need to go home.
    We are both looking forward to get away. The time away from work etc..We just need to relax and breath and take a vacation.We are down to about 154 days and thank you for your response John & Nancy

2bbs, I have two sisters in that area. One is in Germantown, the other in Menominee Falls. We were down there the end of July.

Trust me, you will enjoy your trip. The sun, the sand, the "warmth".
    Linda

mblatour -- you will loooove couples! My husband and I are from Duluth as well. Yes, the lake is pretty but NOTHING compares to the Jamaican beaches, sunsets, people, drinks....!! I can't wait until we get to go back

Default Swept Away in February

John & Nancy (2bbs)

We are fellow Wisconsites from the Wausau area. We will be on our 4th annual vacation at Swept Away from February 27th to March 6th, 2010. We are looking forward to meeting you.

Lanny & Marge

John & Nancy, Lanny & Marge,
    We are also fellow Wisconsites from Wind Lake. We will be arriving to our first Jamacian and Couples CSA experience on Feb 28th to March 7th.
    We are also celebrating an anniversary, our 20th, (which was actually last October). Looking forward to meeting all of you... We will look for the Packer gear... see you soon.
    Robin & Joe

We went to Rick's in Negril a couple of years ago. It was fun but very crowded. The sunset was beautiful. Food was not bad and the Red Stripe was GREAT. Here's a quick look at what we saw. Have fun!!
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012