Default varieties of beer

Are Miichelobes availabe at Negril? If not how many different beers are available? Red Sripes are fine but would miss my Ultras.

American beers are not easy and cheap to come by in Jamaica. I can't speak for CN but when we were at CTI you could get red stripe anywhere and Heineken at the piano bar. I'm a big dark beer fan so those options were hard to take at first until I remembered where I was. I did however manage to grab a few local stouts from the nearby convenience store to quench the dark beer desire between the many many many red stripes I had.

They have fizzy yellow beer. It all tastes the same. Maybe a Guiness Stout available somewhere on the resort. I know CSA has it at the sports complex across the road but not sure about CN.

I am a mich ultra fan. They don't have it but really Red Stripe lite is cloose enough

Yes, I tried Red Stripe and it willbe fine. I was just curious, thanks for the information

A couple years ago at CSA they had miller lite in cans. I wish they'd bring that back!

Can anyone list the names of beers available at CN? Specifically varieties of Corona, or Tecate. We just recently tried Tecate in Vegas and loved the taste. Loved that it also had a relatively low alcohol content (3.6).

No, they do not provide Mexican beer, and no, they do not provide American beer with maybe the one exception of Miller Lite. They carry Jamaican beer throughout the resorts, including regular Red Stripe and low-alcohol Red Stripe Light, and you may also find Heineken and possibly Guinness at limited places such as the piano bars.

I know, it may be torture to go a week in the tropical paradise of Jamaica without the world-renowned, high-quality, watered-down beers such as Mich Ultra and Miller Lite, but hopefully the unlimited varieties of frozen concoctions and other drinks will get you through such a travesty.

Red Stripe, RS Light, Carib. That was it in Oct. 2012. I hope they bring back Miller Lite, or one of the mexican beers you described.

As a self proclaimed 'beer snob', I did not mind the change of pace of Red Stripe and tropical drinks rather than my 8% or above beer I usually consume at home. Did I wish I had one every once in a while, sure. I certainly survived and I'm going back, regardless of the beer selection.

Red Stripe 4.7%
    RS Light 3.6%

Quote Originally Posted by mattfahey View Post
    As a self proclaimed 'beer snob', I did not mind the change of pace of Red Stripe and tropical drinks rather than my 8% or above beer I usually consume at home. Did I wish I had one every once in a while, sure. I certainly survived and I'm going back, regardless of the beer selection.
    Amen... Red Stripe is great for what it is and where you are at that moment.

On the beach, I would love to have a choice of 1/10,000th of the beer selection we have here in the States, but not including Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. .... business plan... Jamaican craft brewery?

Quote Originally Posted by Bricks41 View Post
    Amen... Red Stripe is great for what it is and where you are at that moment.

On the beach, I would love to have a choice of 1/10,000th of the beer selection we have here in the States, but not including Bud, Miller, Coors, etc. .... business plan... Jamaican craft brewery?
    That would be awesome. Let me guess....you're a homebrewer?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfahey View Post
    That would be awesome. Let me guess....you're a homebrewer?
    Whatever would give you that idea!? I haven't brewed a batch in awhile, but love great beer regardless. Cheers!

High test craft brewed beer are the norm for me at home, but on the beach at Swept Away? A cold Red Stripe is just right!

You might not want to do it at an all inclusive resort, but at CN you can buy beer (and other stuff) at a gas station across the street that has a small convenience store. I love grabbing a beer there when we fly TimAir home...store is 50 feet from the TimAir terminal.

In 2005, the CN nude beach had a cooler for beer and a cart that dispensed a couple of different frozen drink mixes. I thought I had heard that since then, there is now full bar service at the nude beach. Is this true?