Default Customs: Bringing snacks with you??

So I have read a few post here and there about couples bringing some snacks with them to couples for in the room. This is the one thing we wish we would have done on our last trip. The room service was lovely but sometimes you just want "snackie" things rather and "food food". So I was wondering how this works with customs because that is one of the questions, do you have any food (or however they word it) with you. Do you answer yes....or are these things not of concern? Also for those of you that do take a few things with you where do you pack them in your carry on or in your checked luggage??

You answer "Yes", they ask you what you have, you tell them candy, cookies, cake, chips, etc and they go on to the next question. Never a problem. We always bring in chocolate, cookies, snack bars and so forth. You don't need to lie about it.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Oh yeah, we put some in out checked and some in our carry on. Never a problem. Just no liquids in your carry on (except for the single ziplock bag).
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie_miller2525 View Post
    So I have read a few post here and there about couples bringing some snacks with them to couples for in the room. This is the one thing we wish we would have done on our last trip. The room service was lovely but sometimes you just want "snackie" things rather and "food food". So I was wondering how this works with customs because that is one of the questions, do you have any food (or however they word it) with you. Do you answer yes....or are these things not of concern? Also for those of you that do take a few things with you where do you pack them in your carry on or in your checked luggage??
    Most processed/sealed items won't cause an issue. My wife almost always takes a few candy items, I took a package of Oreos one year. I think the issue comes of you are transporting produce and the like... Vegetables, meats, etc. In fact, I cannot think of a trip I have taken where there has not been at least a candy bar or something of that nature in my carryon, and I have never had an issue in 14 trips...

We bring food no problem mon

I believe the questions are about specific items to declare like fresh fruit and vegetables

I've taken stuff with me in my carryon several times and had no problem with open or closed packages.

I always bring a can of Pringles and bags of combos. Sometimes a can of mixed nuts. Bring ziplocs to keep stuff in after you open it and put it in the fridge except Pringles have a top so ok. You don't want ants. He likes to bring a bag of licorice. Not my thing. I bring in my carry on. No problem.

I had snacks from our day of traveling. I didn't make a notation to having them. They were in my carry on.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We always take snacks with us and never had a problem with it. We pack it in our carry on bag so we have it to snack on the plane. NO PROBLEM MON!!!!

Yes you can bring snack type foods, but no fruits or vegetables. I usually bring something like trail mix in the small bags just in case I want something to munch on, but not a full on meal. No you don't claim it on customs.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013

I ALWAYS have small bags of almonds or peanuts & other snacks, like peanut butter crackers or granola bars, in my travel purse to eat on the plane coming & going & it's been no problem in well over a dozen trips ............ There's not a place on the customs form for stuff like that ..... Just fruit, veggies, plants, meat, etc.
    Julie

Awesome!! Thanks everyone for all of the feedback