Default Best Places to Eat & Favorite Meals at CSS

I'm working on dinner reservations for our evenings spent at CSS. Please, I'd love to hear your favorite places to eat & the menu item you most enjoyed from there!

We are there for three nights only. Wed, Thurs, Fri

We would be considered repeat guests, I believe, as we have stayed (and will stay at the first 7 nights) CTI. It's Lobster Night, though, so is that the best place for us to get our Lobster?

Starlight Gala is Friday

That leaves us only Wed night for reservations. Casanova?

ps I know we really can't go wrong anywhere at Couples, just looking for the *best* experiences!

Repeaters is now on Wednesday (I think), so if you can get into Cassanova for Wed, I would recommend it. My second choice for dining would be Bella Vista. Truly romantic and always surprisingly interesting and yummy menus. Bella Vista may be my favorite because it is so relaxing. Cassanova does have better food, but it is a more formal experience. Both excellent, just depends on what you're looking for.

We had some difficulty with our transfer from CTI to CSS this past March. I would recommend trying to get over early with the Trading places bus. You may not have a room ready, but you'll be better off getting CSS early for reservations and getting to know it. They will hold your bags no problem.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CSS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CN 2012
    CTI 2013

If you only have one night to book something, I would suggest Cassanova. The Pallazina is the breakfast place along w/ lunch if you don't eat at the Grill. This way you can experience the different restaurant. I would book that as SOON as you get there. And be prepared for a late dinner time. I struggled with that when we were there.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Default Care to Elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by kiki23 View Post
    We had some difficulty with our transfer from CTI to CSS this past March. I would recommend trying to get over early with the Trading places bus. You may not have a room ready, but you'll be better off getting CSS early for reservations and getting to know it. They will hold your bags no problem.
    Would you care to elaborate on your difficulty with the transfer from CTI to CSS? We will be splitting our stay between those two resorts this coming September and I am eager to hear what kind of difficulties you encountered, and perhaps learn from your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Just got back from CSS and repeaters is on Wed. It took us six trips to eat dinner in all three, in my opinion can't go wrong at bella vista. But if you want more formal dinner go casanova or pallazina. Food is great at all three!

Todd & Linda
    CSS
    April 2008,March 2009,April 2010, Oct 2010, April 2011,April 2012,April 2013

We're headed there two weeks from today. If we make reservations as soon as we arrive, will we be able to try all three?

Hi! Hubby and I love Casanova! We love the ambiance--dining indoors or outdoors is great. We also love the slower pace of the dinner service. We're on vacation, so why rush through a lovely meal??? My favorite entrees are the lamb chops and the filet of beef. The meat is sooooo tender and flavorful!!!!! My favorite appetizer is the Caribbean Crab Cake. Each order has two small crab cakes, so my husband and I each usually order 2! That's one thing that's nice about Couples and Casanova, if more than one item on the menu strikes your fancy, they will happily bring you anything you request! Have a great trip!!!
    Last edited by suzyQ; April 23rd, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigdogLips View Post
    Just got back from CSS and repeaters is on Wed. It took us six trips to eat dinner in all three, in my opinion can't go wrong at bella vista. But if you want more formal dinner go casanova or pallazina. Food is great at all three!
    Six trips to do three restaurants? Does that mean in my 10 day stay I may not be able to try all the restaurants, that's crazy!!!
    Maybe we should go back to CN?????

Do the repeaters dinner Wednesday, they do serve the lobster that night and you do not want to miss the repeaters dinners. Best meal of the week. Definitely do Casanova on the Thursday. The ambiance and food are out of this world. Friday night is Gala night.... A must do as well. You will have the time of your lives....

Quote Originally Posted by columbo View Post
    Six trips to do three restaurants? Does that mean in my 10 day stay I may not be able to try all the restaurants, that's crazy!!!
    Maybe we should go back to CN?????
    No, it does not take 6 trips to eat at all the restaurants. My husband and I were last there for 6 nights and we ate at all the restaurants. Don't worry CSS is wonderful!

columbo, Hubby and I have trip #7 planned to CSS. We never have a problem trying all the restaurants! You just have to plan. Tuesday is the Beach Party and Friday is the Starlight Gala, so the restaurants are closed those days. Wednesday is the Repeater's Dinner. So you can go to the restaurant of your choice on Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday--you even have Wednesday if you don't do the Repeater's Dinner. Have a great trip!:-)

Quote Originally Posted by BigdogLips View Post
    I agree! It's so easy and it's outside. We usually dine there several evenings while at CSS.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by suzyQ View Post
    columbo, Hubby and I have trip #7 planned to CSS. We never have a problem trying all the restaurants! You just have to plan. Tuesday is the Beach Party and Friday is the Starlight Gala, so the restaurants are closed those days. Wednesday is the Repeater's Dinner. So you can go to the restaurant of your choice on Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday--you even have Wednesday if you don't do the Repeater's Dinner. Have a great trip!:-)
    Thanks, yes we will be doing the repeaters.

suzyQ you will be there when we are so hopefully we will meet up at a repeaters dinner!

We had our first ever trip to Couples at Sans Souci in March. The BEST meal of the whole 9 days was actually our private dinner. Every single course was the best of any we had anywhere else. Akeema (spelling?) was our chef for the night. He is the "Prince of Pasta" at Palazzina. So my first recommendation would be to do a private dinner. A close second would be Cassanova. We were able to eat there twice in our trip. Both times the food was excellent. Palazzina and Bella Vista are still really good, and better than any food we get back in the states.

I forget the soups/salad/appetizers we had, but I know I had a surf n turf at private dinner, and lamb chops and lobster (2 different entrees) at Cassanova.

Of course, depending on how much you can eat.... you could book an early reservation at Cassanova, and have a later second supper at Bella Vista, since there are no reservations there. Or do it vice versa.

I would say try both Cassanova and Palazzina they both are good just different menu items . Cassanova's menu can be checked out by either going over by the enter area of the restaraunt and there will be menus sitting there or at Pallazzina it is sitting on the table as you enter . Pallazzina's meneu is sitting there also . We perferred Pallazzina over Cassanova and Bella Vista just because of the menu items more variety at Palazzina . We totally enjoyed the young man who did the pasta bar at Palazzina ( sorry I'm terrible with names ) he was very friendly and didn't act like it was a big thing to make us nice tastie pasta dishes .
    I don't know if we just kept having bad luck or what at Bella Vista day or night we had slow wait staff and the kitchen was slow getting the food out . But they were friendly . I think the first day we tried the beach grill it was slow because they only had 1 waiter trying to work all the tables .

The pasta dishes at the Pallazzina was AMAZING! Stephanie was making them when we went in April 2012 and we hear she had a baby(hope we aren't confusing her with someone else!) but hope she is back! We would sometimes just go get her pasta and go back to our room and eat!