Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Soup is good food. It's also a great way to use up leftovers.

I'm reading through all your reviews; it's been a great way to "re-live" our trip from earlier this month! And I agree with so much of what you've said. (Dark bathrooms were my only room complaint too.)

"The mini-bar ordering and delivering seemed much improved this year. There is a new way to order, just like room service, by hanging your choices on your door at night. As stated on the order form, items are delivered between 10am and 5pm. We always found this to be the case....

What isn't completely clear to me, if we ONLY needed the standard items refilled, do we need to hang the request on the door? I wasn't sure, and never asked, so I hung it out every night."

Yes, at CSA the standard items are replaced every day, but not so at CSS, so we had a few days we were inadvertently left without any waters at all. No big deal as you can easily call for more, but just an oops on our part. The other thing I loved is that at CSA they automatically filled our ice bucket every day... and was impressed how well insulated the ice bucket was. We often mixed drinks late evening/before bed and still had some ice chips left even though they had been in our room since early afternoon.

Hi Rachel - Girlfriend that's what I call a detailed review! Going back to CSA this Dec after a 2 year break and you got me so excited! Spent time in Cancun and the Bahamas since our last trip and it just wasn't the same, we definitely miss Jamaica. Love your Flickr pictures as well. Thanks.

Changes from last trip "update" ???????
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Quote Originally Posted by lsm1212 View Post
    Changes from last trip "update" ???????
    So sorry! I made a list of changes while at CSA so I would remember, but I haven't been able to locate where I put the list. And of course now it seems like in was months ago and everything is foggy.

Will write what I have today/tomorrow.

Rachel

Part 9…Changes

I had a list of a bunch of changes that I wanted to write about, but I can’t find it anywhere! I kept delaying this post hoping it would turn up. Here is what I do remember, and if anything else comes to mind or I find my list, I will post it here. Many of these items I may have previously mentioned so I will just reference.

DISCLAIMER: This list is things that I noticed new or different since May 2012. Please know, I am fully aware, perhaps these things are not new, but new to me. In other words, no need to point out “That changed 2 years ago”.

1. Paid Room Service
    Looking through the new binder in the room, you know the one that every hotel has….with info on hotel, activities, phone number etc…I was surprised to find you can now order a hot room service breakfast. For a fee. It was pretty high, maybe in $40 range for 2 ppl….BUT…for those on us with a lot of resort credits may think it’s worth it. I’d actually love to see them do more room service options for a fee. You’d think this would be a great way for the resort to make money. I mean, wouldn’t they rather I spend my credits on food, food that they would be preparing for me anyway if I went to a restaurant, instead of buying hundreds of dollars worth of stuff in the gift shop?

2. Paid Liquor Upgrade
    The room binder also includes a liquor and wine list for upgrading, again for a fee. The prices were high, but I would guess in line with every other hotel and resort. Not worth it for us, as we only really have pre-dinner drinks in our room, and what they provide is acceptable.

3. Shuttle to Pushcart (previously discussed in part 7).
    I mentioned this previously, and I am wondering if this replaced the trip to Ricks, because I don’t see that listed anywhere now. If you have never been to the cliffs, GO!

4. Printouts of Dinner Reservations
    I know some people call to make reservation, but I always go to lobby. We have always been right next to lobby, and never a line, so this was easy for us. This year, instead of them writing a reservation on a little card, it is now a print out. The printout has name, time, all that as well as dress code. Here is an example:

Example

They would ask for this when you checked in at the restaurant, and took it from us. Not sure what would happen if you didn’t have it.

5. Bottled water only in room (previously discussed). Self serve water coolers at beach bars.

6. Self serve nacho station at Cabana (previously discussed in part 3).

7. No beach towel return/proving you returned (previously discussed in part 6).

8. Minibar refill requests now door hang (previously discussed in part 6).

9. Coke products now in minibar (previously discussed in part 6). You may get Coke Zero in place of diet.

10. Palms has added another buffet night/no ala carte choices (previously discussed in part 3).

11. The eviction notice is now delivered 2 days prior to checkout (previously discussed in part 8).

12. No aloe provided in room
    I was never a fan of their product anyway, I always thought it was too sticky, so no big deal. You can buy in gift shop, or bring your own.

13. Wooden Shutters Pin Missing?
    Now, this may have just been in our room. But this was strange. If you have been before, you will know what I am talking about. When you close the wooden shutters, there use to be a pin attached to a chain that went into wall/door to keep the shutter closed. Well in our room they were taken down, and the holes for the pins filled in. I only noticed it because I saw one hole that wasn’t filled in. Maybe they did this because the pin thing never worked anyway, in most cases the chain was too long.

14. Issa Foundation auto-donation Information given at checkin
    On our last trip, a donation was automatically added to the final bill for the Issa Foundation. I knew about this from reading this forum, and know you could ask to have it removed. What is new this year for us, is they tell you about it at checkin and give you a pamphlet about the foundation.

That’s about all my brain can remember. I’ll post if something else comes to mind.

I have one last post I wanted to do, just a few misc things like photos and websites. Will try to do that this week.

AWESOME review(s)! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the bathroom lighting was dark. Definitely not a deal breaker for me, though... a couple of Red Stripes/Dirty Bananas/what-have-you & I don't give a flip what I look like! lol

Last few things to add…

My Photos Flickr: rachlm927's Photostream

Best website for viewing pictures of resort IMO, including room photos Couples Swept Away Away Photos- Negril Jamaica Resorts and Hotels

Negril One Stop is a great place to book, outstanding service. Besides photos, they also have lots of videos. We book CSA directly with Couples and book other hotels/transfers with Negril One Stop. Just booked Tensing Pen with them for 2014 trip. We will start at Tensing then move to CSA.

Other great Negril forums/message boards at negril.com and jamericans.net

Hope everyone enjoyed reading this trip report…and please pay it forward by doing a similar report. For all of us with long countdowns (333 days for us) it helps get us through!

Quote Originally Posted by rachlm927 View Post
    Last few things to add…

My Photos Flickr: rachlm927's Photostream

Best website for viewing pictures of resort IMO, including room photos Couples Swept Away Away Photos- Negril Jamaica Resorts and Hotels

Negril One Stop is a great place to book, outstanding service. Besides photos, they also have lots of videos. We book CSA directly with Couples and book other hotels/transfers with Negril One Stop. Just booked Tensing Pen with them for 2014 trip. We will start at Tensing then move to CSA.

Other great Negril forums/message boards at negril.com and jamericans.net

Hope everyone enjoyed reading this trip report…and please pay it forward by doing a similar report. For all of us with long countdowns (333 days for us) it helps get us through!
    Thank you so much for the awesome review. And the website with photos is AMAZING! Love how they have all 4 on there and you can really see what the resort is all about.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Glad you like the photos on negril one stop....i didnt even relize they had ocho rios too! they also have great maps so you can see where all resorts are located. Its really a great site!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3