Thread: CTI Snorkeling

Default CTI Snorkeling

I know they take you out on dives and small snorkeling trips but are you allowed to snorkel in the beach area right off the resort to the right away from boat traffic?

They won't assist you in doing so, as in you cannot use their gear, but I do this. Keep an eye out for boats as anything interesting is past the ropes.

Kris thank you for input my wife and I are bringing our gear and the last time I was at CTI the rocky area to the east seemed like a perfect area to do some exploring at our own pace

We have been to all 3-and here are our feelings----
    CTI- fun environment and great for meeting other guests. But wouldn't entice us if not for the swim-up bar.
    CSS- Large, "privacy" if desired, pool bar is more reserved than CTI. Beach Grill is definitely a plus. But needs a CN type hot tub. Though not much in the beach area due to the White River. We always wondered why a jetty wasn't constructed to divert the river outward and create a calmer more swimable beach area
    CN- Bloody Bay! What a beach! We have a pool at home, but we don't have and can't create that beach. It's a one of a kind!!!
    And yes the hot tub adds something for after hours.

When you go out beyond the ropes, do you wear a life vest? I have a mask, snorkel and fins, but no vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cesar&Jen View Post
    Kris thank you for input my wife and I are bringing our gear and the last time I was at CTI the rocky area to the east seemed like a perfect area to do some exploring at our own pace
    There are ca couple of neat man-made outcroppings where the anchor points for the boats are near the middle, as well as some sunken concrete debris that turned up come cool fish. The area by the Bayside is the most populated, though.

Quote Originally Posted by scraptrinkets View Post
    When you go out beyond the ropes, do you wear a life vest? I have a mask, snorkel and fins, but no vest.
    I don't. I'd think that any person who isn't confident in their swimming ability should wear one.