Thread: Check In Advice

Default Check In Advice

First timer here. My wife and I will be arriving on 18 May and I've scheduled a private dinner as a surprise for our 20th. When we check in, how do I keep the surprise? Won't they want to have us both present to sign in and probably want to confirm the dinner I've arranged (not knowing it's a surprise)?

Thanks for your help!

Email the resort ahead of time or have your travel agent do it. They probably have this all of the time.

Tammie & Mike
    CTI-Feb'08/CSA-Dec'08/CSA&CN-Mar'11
    CSS Mar'12/CSA Nov '12/CSA Dec '13/CSA Feb '15

At CN the past 2 years, my wife has wandered over to the swing and enjoyed the view while I handled the checkin. Just suggest something like that to her and you should be safe. By the way, which resort are you going to. We are checking in at CN on May 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    First timer here. My wife and I will be arriving on 18 May and I've scheduled a private dinner as a surprise for our 20th. When we check in, how do I keep the surprise? Won't they want to have us both present to sign in and probably want to confirm the dinner I've arranged (not knowing it's a surprise)?

Thanks for your help!
    I know what I would do, your results may vary. Since I don't care for sparkling wine, I'd send my wife to the Balloon Bar to get me a beer. I do realize it may not be good advice for some. Hey, free advice is worth what you pay for it. Worst case, if you can't somehow get her away from the check-in process, if you had to you could let her know you had planned a surprise and by her being there at check-in it would let the cat out of the bag. Not a perfect solution, but at least the element of what the surprise is would be retained.

S/F
    Scott and June

Good suggestions all, thank you. My only other experience at an AI required us both to be present so they could apply the wristband which indicated we were guests. Does Couples not use wristbands?

Ms Beach Bum - we will be checking in on the 18th. See you there!

Couples does not bag-and-tag you like other AIs. No wristbands.

S/F
    Scott and June