Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default There has to be an easier way....

We are on our way home (CSS) as I type this..... After a 1 hour flight to Salt Lake City we have a 5 hour layover. Then we fly for 4 hours to Atlanta with a 3 hour layover. A 2 hour flight to Mobay and a 2 hour shuttle rude to the resort. We don't actually arrive until tomorrow about 2ish. It's brutal trying to get to amica from the West Coast. Who else has to endure this type if torture to get to paradise??

We feel your pain we are coming from AZ. 40 minutes flight 4 hour layover 3 1/2 hour flight(over night) 2 1/2 hour layover 3hr flight 1 1/2 hours shuttle ride. But worth every second!!!!!
    Last edited by redinthehead; May 6th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Not sure where your starting point is. We fly from Seattle on a 5-6 hour red eye flight to the east coast, where we have about a 1.5 to 3 hour layover and then about a 3 hour flight to Mo Bay. Approx an hour at the airport and then the drive to the resort. Your flying time is less, but those layovers are killers!

We feel so sorry for those of you in the USA that have these horrible flight schedules to get to Jamaica! For us in Ontario, Canada, it's a direct flight of a little less than 4 hours.
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by MsHoo View Post
    We are on our way home (CSS) as I type this..... After a 1 hour flight to Salt Lake City we have a 5 hour layover. Then we fly for 4 hours to Atlanta with a 3 hour layover. A 2 hour flight to Mobay and a 2 hour shuttle rude to the resort. We don't actually arrive until tomorrow about 2ish. It's brutal trying to get to amica from the West Coast. Who else has to endure this type if torture to get to paradise??
    Move to Houston Texas. Direct non stop flight to Montego Bay on United. Don't know how to avoid the rude ride to the resort from Mobay!

When we go it's a haul also.

Leave at midnight from Alberta toToronto. Then a 4 hour layover. Finally leave for Jamaica. Land transfer and into CSA usually about 5pm.

But so worth it once at Couples!

We fly from San Diego and it is the same thing for us. Air Jamaica used to have a red eye out of LA direct to Mo Bay but alas, no more JA.

we start from Spokane, WA and have 3 layovers. a one hour, a 6 hour, and a 3 hour. its going to be brutal. was the same way last year. i tried to sleep on the plane as much as i could. we were exhausted the first night. slept like a rock.

on the way home, we have multiple layovers, one being overnight. we got a hotel room last time and crashed out for 8 hours or so. turned out to be a great decision.

Just like TandJ we also fly out of Seattle. We've gotten used to the red eyes and try to get some sleep. Then after a short layover we arrive at MBJ late morning. Hopefully to arrive at CSS early afternoon.

We do envy those that live on the east coast that can get short direct flights to Jamaica. If only they had some Couples resorts in Hawaii. Then we'd be happy!

Red and TJ

We came from Reno. We've benn here 3 days now and te pain is becoming a memory. Until we fly back home next Tuesday!

I feel your pain!!! We go from Colorado to Charlotte... overnight stay in Charlotte then early flight to MoBay. You would think there would be an easier way.

Having read the lengths that some of you guys have to go to to be at a Couples resort, we Brits seem to have it relatively easy (especially those who live in London or close to a major airport that has flights direct to Jamaica). For us it is about 30 minutes drive to airport, sit in lounge (or, if you're a girlie then you shop!) drinking juices and coffee with your croissant or other choice of breakfast, 10 hours flight to Kingston (BA) or MoBay (Virgin, I think) then bus ride to resort (once a Red Stripe has been imbibed of course!). Seems like a doddle compared to some of you in N. America. So close to the Caribbean and yet, it seems, so far! Sorry to hear about this but there must be a downside to having that gorgeous playground that is the Caribbean, on your doorstep. I' still rather be closer but then I'd miss the history and beautiful environments that Europe has to offer. It only takes me 3 hours to get to France and maybe half a day to Reims or Paris to sample the delights therein.

So long as Couples remains a viable holiday option it will always be on our list. Don't let the small stuff drag down your enjoyment. It is truly worth the hassle of travel in USA.

The trip home we are trying something different. We fly into Atlanta with a 15 hour layover. We are going to get a motel room and get some rest. Then the layover in Salt Lake City is short. We are going to get this down to a science. Our eventual plan is to retire to Florida so then it's just a short flight.

Lucky to get a non-stop flight from St. Louis.

we booked our flights seperate from couples web site. i spent weeks finding the right flights with enough layover to get to connecting flights but not too long. we only have one layover each way for about 2hrs each. we live in ohio.

Wow! I didn't realise what lengths some of you guys in the US have to go to in order to reach Couples.
    We have a one and half hour trip to Manchester, hop on the plane for about 10 hours, and there we are at Mobay. After reading about the layovers some of you have, I promise not moan about being in the air for 10 hours..................at least we are on the move!!
    Randymon, hope you realise what an intrepid bunch of guests you have..................we'll get there one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Having read the lengths that some of you guys have to go to to be at a Couples resort, we Brits seem to have it relatively easy (especially those who live in London or close to a major airport that has flights direct to Jamaica). For us it is about 30 minutes drive to airport, sit in lounge (or, if you're a girlie then you shop!) drinking juices and coffee with your croissant or other choice of breakfast, 10 hours flight to Kingston (BA) or MoBay (Virgin, I think) then bus ride to resort (once a Red Stripe has been imbibed of course!). Seems like a doddle compared to some of you in N. America. So close to the Caribbean and yet, it seems, so far! Sorry to hear about this but there must be a downside to having that gorgeous playground that is the Caribbean, on your doorstep. I' still rather be closer but then I'd miss the history and beautiful environments that Europe has to offer. It only takes me 3 hours to get to France and maybe half a day to Reims or Paris to sample the delights therein.

So long as Couples remains a viable holiday option it will always be on our list. Don't let the small stuff drag down your enjoyment. It is truly worth the hassle of travel in USA.
    It's different because you are traveling East to West gaining time and no connections. How is your trip home?

Most of the long trips listed on here are because these folks do not live near a hub airport. I can't imagine a 3 leg flight anymore. On the other hand they live in some beautiful uncongested country the rest of the year.

We get to MBJ from Dallas in 3 1/2 hours. Same to go home.

Lucky from DTW there is a non-stop year round on Saturdays.

We met guests before who went on Air Alaska from West Coast. Are they gone?

Quote Originally Posted by beach-lover View Post
    Lucky to get a non-stop flight from St. Louis.
    Can you tell me what charter is flying out of St Louis now? And what days it flies. It is always changing. Even though we are closer to KC we prefer the charter. We had to fly out of KC this year because we wanted to stay more than 7 nights. We probably won't get back to CSS until Jan 2014, but it would be good to know.
    Teresa
    Teresa

Zaraforty... Can you tell me which airline flies direct on Saturdays from DTW??? We live close by and choose to fly from there rather than Canadian airports. It saves us thousands of $$$$.

We come from Vegas...fly red-eye out to the east and a 1-3 hour layover and arrive in Jamaica typically pretty early about 10am. Try looking into red-eyes they are the best!

I wish there was a better way! I chose these particular flights because of departure and arrival times (still painful though)!

5:50PM Depart Billings, MT to Salt Lake City (arriving at 7:09PM) then 3 hour 45 minute layover.
    9:45PM Depart Salt Lake City to LAX (arriving at 10:50PM) then 1 hour layover.
    11:45PM Depart LAX to Atlanta (arriving at 7:03AM) then 3 hour layover.
    9:45AM Depart Atlanta to MoBay arriving at 11:39AM.
    Hopefully at CN by 2:30PM.

Home:
    2:57PM Depart MoBay to Atlanta arriving at 7:05PM then 1 1/2 hour layover.
    8:30PM Depart Atlanta to Minneapolis arriving at 10:19PM then a hotel overnight.
    11:30AM Depart Minneapolis arriving in Billings at 12:40PM! Yawn!

Luckily, our philosophy is as soon as we hit the airport in Billings our vacation begins so, no problem mon!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    Zaraforty... Can you tell me which airline flies direct on Saturdays from DTW??? We live close by and choose to fly from there rather than Canadian airports. It saves us thousands of $$$$.
    Delta

I'm starting to feel lucky that AA flies non-stop five days a week from DFW to Mobay.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    Delta. Great flight times. Around 10am dept and 2pm return.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast