Default Surprise guest joining us on this trip

So, we're 23 days away from paradise. I've already booked the One Love Bus Crawl and made a long list of all of the drinks I want to try at the resort! However, we just found out that there will be a surprise guest accompanying us on this trip: I'm four weeks pregnant!

We're so happy about the baby, but I can't help but be a bit bummed about the timing! Ha I guess I'll need to cancel that bar crawl! The question is, do you think we should cancel the whole trip? Will we still have fun? I won't even look pregnant yet either!! Just bloated and like I've packed a few pounds : P

Thanks for the advice!

Unless you're the type who has to drink to hav fun then of ourselves you'll have fun!! You'll discover ho crazy other people get hen they're drinking and you aren't!! No, seriously, go and have a great time - now you have mother reason to celebrate!!

First off - congratulations!! First baby, I assume??

Second, why cancel your trip? You can still go on the bar crawl, too - see Jamaica, etc. You just can't drink.

Also you can have fun! Being pregnant isn't a handicap. Let people know and I'm sure they will spoil you. And just think - no hangovers.

The only reason I can think to cancel would be if you have really bad morning sickness. Otherwise, you can still go and have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by axmh1985 View Post
    So, we're 23 days away from paradise. I've already booked the One Love Bus Crawl and made a long list of all of the drinks I want to try at the resort! However, we just found out that there will be a surprise guest accompanying us on this trip: I'm four weeks pregnant!

We're so happy about the baby, but I can't help but be a bit bummed about the timing! Ha I guess I'll need to cancel that bar crawl! The question is, do you think we should cancel the whole trip? Will we still have fun? I won't even look pregnant yet either!! Just bloated and like I've packed a few pounds : P

Thanks for the advice!
    Hmmmm..........it's usually people coming back from Couples that are pregnant.....LOL
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

We'll be leaving for our trip in 53 days, and when I found out that I am pregnant, we had the same discussion. We decided that we will still go on our trip, but it will be an entirely different vacation than the last. I have no doubt in my mind that I will enjoy it to the fullest. I will be 15 weeks pregnant during our trip, so I may not go AN (probably won't), but I'll still enjoy the relaxation, the dining, and the quiet time with the love of my life. It will also be nice to get away from reality for a while.

I'm sure you've heard the do's and don'ts, but just in case, here are a couple of important ones: DO be extra careful in the sun. Our skin can be more sensitive to UV light. DON'T go in any hot tubs. DO relax and have a wonderful time!

(When you get back, be sure to post any more pointers you might have. I'll sure be interested.)

Congrats!!!!!!

Thanks! Yes, this will be our first! We're so excited. I don't have to drink to have fun, but it never has hurt the fun meter either : P
    We're going to keep all of our summer plans. After all, after our little turkey gets here, things will change and we'll wish we had taken the opportunity. I'm looking forward to snorkeling and swimming in the caves on the cat cruise, and of course all of the delicious food and virgin frozen drinks!

Anyone on the board who is pregnant and will also be at CN from May 28 to June 4?

Also, I'm wondering if it would be safe/ if they would allow me to have a massage since I'll only be 8 weeks. If you have a "pregnant at couples" experience, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks!!!!

MrsOrbspiders, I will be sure to post a review as well as some tips for those of us expecting when we return! Is this your first? You'll be a good bit farther along than I am now when you're there. I'll be at about 8 weeks when we arrive. The good news is that if you have issues with morning sickness, you should be pretty well over it by then! About how many weeks are you now?

If anyone has any tips or stories about expecting at couples, let MrsOrbspiders and I know! I'm sure we would both be entertained!

Quote Originally Posted by axmh1985 View Post
    Thanks! Yes, this will be our first! We're so excited. I don't have to drink to have fun, but it never has hurt the fun meter either : P
    We're going to keep all of our summer plans. After all, after our little turkey gets here, things will change and we'll wish we had taken the opportunity. I'm looking forward to snorkeling and swimming in the caves on the cat cruise, and of course all of the delicious food and virgin frozen drinks!

Anyone on the board who is pregnant and will also be at CN from May 28 to June 4?

Also, I'm wondering if it would be safe/ if they would allow me to have a massage since I'll only be 8 weeks. If you have a "pregnant at couples" experience, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks!!!!
    I'm not pregnant, but I don't drink We will be at CSA and doing day pass to CN on June 3rd. I hope you have a blast!!

I'm 7 weeks along now and we just had an ultrasound and saw the heartbeat!!!! It was amazing! I haven't been having any morning sickness really (yet?), but I have been taking a B-complex with vitamin B-6, which my doctor says is supposed to help with morning sickness. This is in addition to the prenatal multivitamin and fish oil that I take. Also, from what I understand, the Couples resorts all serve an amazing non-alcoholic ginger beer, which I can't wait to try! If you're still having issues, give it a try. The ginger should help!

Enjoy your trip!!!! 50 days until ours