Default Randymon - please answer!

Randymon -

There is an ongoing thread in the Au Naturel section, discussing a new hot tub at SSB, changes to the pool, etc. Some people are posting what they've "heard", and as with many things on the MB, it's hard to know what to believe until it's from someone official (you!).

Can you please shed some light on what is rumor and/or speculation and what is really going on? Maybe some idea of timing if changes are really being made?

~Thanks!

Here is an example of what's being said:

"cpanddp

What we have heard....

The Couples Resorts higher ups are just now realizing that there is a HUGE market of AN travellers currently looking for an upscale resort in Jamaica with good Au-natural facilities. Their current plans are to build a larger in ground hot tub, remove the cave/waterfall and make the entire pool one depth thus more than doubling the useable size and creating a nice area for pool volleyball, expanding the food offerings on the A/N side, and putting in a breaker to prevent beach erosion from the river thus enabling sand to fill back in to the water area just off of the A/N beach creating a very nice wading and floating ocean area. "

We do have lots of plans but at the moment the only thing that I can confirm is the jacuzzi project. We have submitted that project for approval and hope to start work shortly.

Of course, we obviously recognize how fast our AN clientele is growing - so we have made that area a point of emphasis on our project wish list. If anything else starts to come to fruition I'll send you an update.

Couples Resorts

Default It's taken some time!

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    We do have lots of plans but at the moment the only thing that I can confirm is the jacuzzi project. We have submitted that project for approval and hope to start work shortly.

Of course, we obviously recognize how fast our AN clientele is growing - so we have made that area a point of emphasis on our project wish list. If anything else starts to come to fruition I'll send you an update.
    It's taken some time for the penny to drop re facilities for the A/N section ... well done Pierre for recognising it ahead of the others.

Thank you Randy!

Wifey and I haven`t been to CSS since 2002 when it was still owned by GL. Trip #4 to CN coming up in October. We love sitting in the AN hot tub under the stars at CN. A new hot tub at SunSet Beach will be a game changer for us. We were considering a split between CN and CSS next trip anyways. A new hot tub on SunSet Beach will seal the deal. Couples steps up again eh?
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Randymon- Do you have a timeline in place for the hot tub renovation? Do you know when construction might start? Do you know how long construction might take? If you could even ballpark it, it would be great. We are coming in July and it would be rather disappointing to find the hot tub closed for our entire trip.

Thanks!

Randymon, do you have a proposed timeframe when that jacuzzi project will start and end? We are scheduled to be at CSS in September, which is typically slow season, and I'd like to know whether to expect construction at the SSB pool while we are there. Also, will the SSB pool be open for use while the new jacuzzi is being built and installed? Thanks in advance for your reply.