Thread: Pelican Bar

Default Pelican Bar

The best bar in Jamaica.. no the world! We definitely recommend checking it out if you want to get off the path a little bit. I included a few pictures, get Jackie to arrange it if you are staying at CSA and interested in going. The drive is an adventure too!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

That's awesome!! Where exactly is it?
    Jan

We definitely want to check out the Pelican Bar as well. My question...can you snorkel near the bar? Is it worth taking our snorkeling gear with us?
    24 days and counting....yay for sand, sun and love!!!

I agree it was an awesome experience, yes you can snorkel, the water is knee to waist deep on the sandbar.

Treasure Beach is where we caught the boat to The Pelican Bar, and we were fortunate to see dolphins along the way!

If you are looking for a unique excursion this is it! Combine it with YS Falls for a real treat!
    Last edited by Mzambo; March 30th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Be aware that this is a fairly long trip. It will take most of a full day to make the trip there and back. But it is pretty cool, nothing else quite like it in the world.

Dirtleg and Mzambo were right there.. It is a full day but combining it with another site really broke it up and made it worth it. We hit YS Falls which was really great, don't forget to grab a snack of jerk chicken or pork right at the end of the road that it is on. The place is all open air and we passed it but I have heard now that I am back that it is some of the best!

You can snorkel right out front while Floyd is cooking your lunch, there were some guys out there snorkeling when we were there. I think it was some of Floyd's buddies.

As I said talk to Jackie at the tour desk at CSA and get her to call Leslie. He was an excellent driver and knew the boat captain really well (capt. Ted, he is the man!). If you are not staying at CSA be sure to tell them you want to leave from Treasure Beach and not Black River as the first is more fun and there is a good chance you will see some dolphins. It cost a little $$$, definitely not the least expensive excursion but so very worth it I will do it every time I come back!

Default pelican bar

We are going back to csa in 15 days and are very excited. Concerning the Pelican Bar, can anyone tell me if it is doable to go to YS falls, appleton rum tour and pelican bar all in one trip? is it too long, i would be happy to trade the black river tour for the pelican bar if it is feasible.
    please advise
    tks
    bob

You should be able to get all of that in with a full day, maybe a little less time spent at each place but they are all in the same general vicinity.

bob2612

It is doable jut keep in mind that the Appleton Estate tours only run on certain days.

We did the Black River Safari thru an off resort service. We left at 7:30 am did the Black River and a side trip to the Bar From No Where and to Pelican Bar. Headed to YS Falls with a stop for lunch at a roadside kitchen. We returned to CN around 5:30 pm. It was a full day so don't try and pack to much into it.

If you have Google Earth plug in the sites and it will give you a overhead view of the locations.

Here is how you get to the Pelican Bar!
    Attached Images Attached Images