Default Couples Barbados to participate in the island's "Barbados Island Inclusive" program

Greetings to all:

The Barbados Tourism Authority has launched a campaign called "Barbados Island Inclusive" which essentially gives guests of participating hotels "Free Spending Money" at various attractions and restaurants.

Couples Barbados is one of the participating hotels.

Here are the details:

BOOKING WINDOW
    April 29 to June 15, 2013

TRAVEL WINDOW
    May 1 to December 21 (travel to be completed on this date). No Blackout periods during the summer.

PACKAGE OFFER

• BTA to offer “Free spending money” for use at participating attractions and restaurants.
    • Package is available to anyone booking through the Tour Operator or hotel’s website

MONEY LEVELS
    • UK and Europe - US$200 (BDS$400)00 per person on stays of 7 nights
    • Canada and USA – US$200 per person on stays of 7 nights
    • Canada and USA - US$150 per person on stays of 5 nights
    • Caribbean – US$100 on stays of 3 nights

POINTS TO NOTE

• The “per person” funds are based on a maximum of two persons per room.

• Cash vouchers will be made up in batches of $50.00 and will be the equivalent in Barbados Dollars. Persons can pay any differential for full payment to the vendor with their own cash, but no change will be given back on cash vouchers presented.

Ask for the voucher booklet at the front desk and HAVE FUN!

Couples Resorts

We booked CB on April 17th for early Dec. Does this mean we miss out on the "Free Spending Money"?
    Regardless, I know that we will have a wonderful time!

Thats a great idea! Problem for me is I already booked for early December.Will I have to cancel and rebook to take advantage of this promotion? Also....by Tour Operator do you mean Couples tour operator? or would any travel agent be able to get this deal?

My husband and I booked an eight day trip in February, we are traveling to Barbados in September. Do we qualify for this offer? I would hope so because it would be unfair to not offer it just because we booked earlier than April!

Great News! I booked last Friday (May 3rd) for travel in early December to celebrate our 20th anniversary.

Since I made my reservation after April 29th, but before you posted information about the program, do I need to do anything?

This is such a good idea to promote local businesses!
    Randymon - We are staying for 8 nights from Dec.13 - Dec,21, so we're in the travel window and number of nights for $200 pp... However, we booked on April 21. Will we still qualify?

Randmon,

I am already booked for August, do I qualify or do i need to cancel then re-book my reservations?

We booked on April 26 for travel December 6-13. I contacted our travel agent and was told that we could cancel and rebook but we would loose our deposit. The deposit is more than the offering. I would have to agree with ngwh2009, it does seem a bit unfair. It would be different if the promotion was posted on May 6 and the window was May 6 - June 15, 2013. It would appear that anyone that booked between April 29 - May 6, 2013 would be included without being aware of the promotion and the earlier bookings aren't included. Hopefully Couples will be able to honor some of the earlier bookings with this promotion as well.
    12/2010 CN
    04/2011 CSA
    02/2012 CSA
    12/2013 CB
    12/2014 CSA

Randymon,

Where can we look to see what restaurants and attractions are covered under this deal? Also, will Couples Barbados offer any complimentary transportation to any of these locations or are we on our own?

Thanks!

I believe that we booked our vacation on April 25th for travel in December? So we're not eligible for free spending money since we booked a couple days before the start date? That would be a bummer!!

HI all:

This program has been offered by The Barbados Tourism Authority and we have no control whatsoever over their terms and conditions. We only found out about it last week and immediately signed up. Guests who have booked prior to their announcement and terms are not eligible for the vouchers. Unless specifically mentioned, transfers to the participating attractions and restaurants are not included

Suffice to say that you will all benefit already from having chosen the most inclusive resort on the island. Barbados All Inclusive Resorts & Beach Vacations - Couples Resorts

Couples Resorts

Thanks randymon!

Correct me if I'm wrong~So our options are to book directly through the Couples website or through the Barbados Tourism Authority (Visit Barbados) to take advantage of this offer?

Of course we would prefer to you to book directly with us, but you are free to book with any company.

Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    HI all:

This program has been offered by The Barbados Tourism Authority and we have no control whatsoever over their terms and conditions. We only found out about it last week and immediately signed up. Guests who have booked prior to their announcement and terms are not eligible for the vouchers. Unless specifically mentioned, transfers to the participating attractions and restaurants are not included

Suffice to say that you will all benefit already from having chosen the most inclusive resort on the island. Barbados All Inclusive Resorts & Beach Vacations - Couples Resorts
    Any reason people can't cancel and rebook through the Couples website?
    ...unless of course we need to book air AND resort together on the website?

Totally understand that the rules are out of your control. Do you know who we could contact from the BTA?

It's such a good idea, but there's a lot of talk on forums that it wasn't well thought out. A lot of condo goers are unhappy. It seems bad to complain about a good deal, but it does seem unfair to penalize people for booking too EARLY. I started to think about tours and lunches at least off resort for a change of scenery. Too bad. I guess you will be stuck with us staying on the resort now

Randymon,

I am disappointed that for those who have already booked are not eligible. As you can tell there are several of us and we are all loyal to Couples. For the majority of us, we are all in our window to cancel our trips without a loss and rebook our vacations in order to be eligible. For some this may even be an option for them to opt out because of the uncertainty of the resort. I know it is hard to please everyone but I think it would be a great promotion for the Resort if all who have booked through Couples and arrive after the Grand Opening receive the vouchers. It truly is a Win Win for everyone involved.
    Thanks You

I think Jenny may be right in that you have to book either directly with Couples or with the BTA. I contacted the travel agency that I booked with and was told that offer wasn't available through them. I could cancel and rebook through Couples but I"d lose the $200 I paid for travel insurance and price is $100 more than I originally paid so I"m just going to stick with my booking.
    Would have been nice since we definitely plan on spending some time exploring Barbados but... guess sometimes booking too early doesn't pay. Still got a great deal!

I completely agree with Jamynkeri!!! We are in the same boat

We also booked on April 26th for 2 weeks in Dec. Sure, we have missed out on this promotion, but as Randy stated it is offered through the Tourism Board - not Couples. It is totally out of Couples' control. Let's not get uptight with Randy and/or Couples. Promotions and incentives are added and changed all the time in our worlds - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Let's give Randy a break.

We all got great deals when we booked - so think of the positive.

Just sayin'

Ruth

I agree with the other travelers. I also booked my trip on 4/28 (flight and hotel booked via couples.com), ONE DAY before the start of the booking window (4/29-6/22) to be eligible for the "free spending money". I contacted the Barbados Tourism Authority regarding this and there is nothing they can do to still grant us the vouchers.

I called Couples directly and they told me I cannot rebook the trip to qualify for the program. Why not?

This is my first time in Barbados and first time staying with Couples... I am already having a negative experience through all of this even before I go on my trip. =(

Have to agree. I booked in early April and it seems unfair that those of us who showed faith in booking what is still basically an unknown vacation, do not get the vouchers.

We cannot rebook as our flights are very expensive to change.....more than the vouchers are worth.

I am not really fussed about the vouchers.....just thinking that we ( early bookers ) have shown our faith in this new venture and so should be included.

Thank you Ruth.

To all: Couples Resorts has nothing to do with this promotion. It is offered Island Wide by the Barbados Tourism Authority.

For those who booked prior to the announcement by the BTA, let me remind you of the exclusive inclusions (meaning no other resort on the island includes):

Free Roundtrip transfers from Grantley Adams International Airport
    Free weddings
    Free golf (transfers and greens fees) at The Barbados Golf Club
    Free Glass Bottom Boat Ride, including swimming with Sea Turtles
    Free Sunset Catamaran Cruise
    Free Scuba Dive - PADI certified divers only
    One dive per couple per stay of 3-6 nights, or 2 total per stay
    Two dives per couple per stay of 7-13 nights, or 4 total per stay
    Four dives per couple per stay of 14+ nights, or 8 total per stay
    Free Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, and Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking with instruction
    Free Shuttle to Oistin’s Fish Fry
    Guided Barbadian Green Monkey nature walk

These are on top of some of our brand standards such as:

Complimentary internet café and WIFI
    Unlimited premium brand drinks
    Gourmet dining options
    24 hour food service
    Personalized mini-bars
    Ipod/MP3 docking stations
    Piano/sports bar/lounge
    Tennis with instruction
    All taxes and gratuities

It is hard for me to understand how anyone is "already having a negative experience..." :-(

Couples Resorts