Default Tips on excursions out of Negril?

Hello!

We will be at CSA for our honeymoon 5/27-6/6! We always like to get a day or two in of touring the country while on vacation, but we are a bit torn. There seems to be plenty to do at the resort that there really would be no need to leave, but would like to leave our options open and be prepared ahead of time. Our experience is that going on tours directly through the resort is much more costly than doing it on our own.

Any suggestions for day excursions? Dunn River is out since it would be so far, we don't want to spend the day in a bus the whole time!

I have it on my list in the evening to go to the luminous lagoon-it appears to be an hour away from CSA, but I am still trying to figure out how to get there and back-how safe is a taxi ride in the middle of the night??

Thank you!

Chukka tours has a desk in CSA. We looked into doing an excursion to mayfield falls but we would end up being gone from 8-3pm. A lot of the tours would've ended up being a full days worth so we opted against. Their prices weren't far off if what we researched online prior to leaving. The resort offers a lot of free activities/events that we ended up doing and had a blast. I'm kicking myself now because I got rid of the flyer I had before we flew home yesterday. Hopefully someone on here has some price info for you.

Do the horseback riding. It's an adventure that we will never forget!

Do the One Love bar crawl on the 29th
    Free except what u spend
    Hits 5-6 "local" bars & end up somewhere to watch sunset
    We are going to do for first time
    Been to CSA once before
    You will love it!
    Congrats & best wishes for the wedding
    Will buy u guys a drink!

Ps check out details on the "May 2013"
    Meetup thread

We were at CSA for 10 days last year and didn't leave the resort (except by boat). We also go on cruises and do the outside tourist activities on theses (horseback riding, Dunn's river, etc).
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ron+rose View Post
    Do the One Love bar crawl on the 29th
    Free except what u spend
    Hits 5-6 "local" bars & end up somewhere to watch sunset
    We are going to do for first time
    Been to CSA once before
    You will love it!
    Congrats & best wishes for the wedding
    Will buy u guys a drink!
    Great! We were wanting to do the pub crawl!!