Default cat lovers at CSA

I have read on other posts that their on resident cats there, and people have wrote they brought treats for them. We are animal lovers. Does anyone know if they are still there, and what people bring for them. Thanks.

There were cats and kittens there when we were there in Dec 2008. We had a 1st floor corner room and spent time enjoying the cats. There were several people who brought them food from the restaurants so they were well fed. Never thought of bringing food from home as there's always plenty around.

We have spotted a number of cats on the property at CSA over the years. Usually lounging on the deck of a vacant room or quietly prowling the grounds. I don't recall anyone bringing them treats, but I have heard that the staff looks after them voluntarily. We have always thought it best to leave them alone, unless they approach us first. We have stopped to pet once or twice when a cat would wander near when we were out walking about the grounds. They appear to be very comfortable around people, but are a bit aloof, as cats are known to be.

You may also run across a three legged dog that seems to live on the beach accepting hand outs and belly rubs when offered. He is a freindly fellow that is living a dogs life that we could all envy.

And for those that may be put off by the idea of free roaming animals on the resort property, they will not bother you at all. In fact, unless you look for them you will probably never know they are around. It's all good.

there are some stray cats on the property and they really dont encourage feeding them. Ulti ( the piano player ) has 2 cats and if you get to see them you will identify them with a flea collar around there neck.

one love wayne

In the morning we are on our Atrium patio having breakfast this cat would come by for a few bites of bacon. It then joined us for dinner at Patois Patio. It just strolls in like he owns the place!!

Attachment 2005

The older/larger cats don't care to have a lot of contact with people. The younger ones will stop and let you pet them.

Just another great part of the CSA experience!!

We were there Sept 19 to Oct 3 and there were four kittens; usually found in the bushes along the path by Patios and the first accom block by the beach....

We were in a Ocean View Verandah near the building where Feathers is and kept hearing this noise, turned out there were a small set of kittens living in the wall outside our room ....several days the mother would come and feed them outside our room in the gardens and they would play..they were so cute, I believe I posted a pic in the album I have from 2008 CSA We are returning in two weeks and look forward to seeing them again...Being cat/dog lovers we just couldn't resist the cute little guys

Lisa 11-26-09 thru 12-6-09

Here's a pic from April during an afternoon rain. This was on our patio.

Also, for any other Animal Lovers, the Animal House Jamaica is the ONLY animal shelter/rescue on the entire island (it's in Ocho Rios). I have spoken with the owner and they are always in need of supplies and funds. From their website you can donate via Paypal. When we return in April 2010 to CTI, I will be bringing a suitcase full of supplies that I've been collecting (leashes, collars, toys, blankets, etc.).

http://www.theanimalhousejamaica.org/
    Last edited by Amy; February 24th, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

I love cats and have four. I always miss them so much when we go away and its nice to see cats at the hotels we stay in.

Amy, that's great information. My husband works for an animal shelter in NY. We will see what we can do to help this animal shelter. We were just at CSA Nov 20-27, and we fed the cats every day. I just hope someone always looks out for them. They are so cute, and not your typical feral cat, as they will come to you if you call them. I just hope management doesn't do anything to harm them or get rid of them. They really are harmless, and so many people enoy seeing them.

Any one seen our buddy, the three legged dog, the last couple of years? He was a brown, lovable mut that roamed the beach. Sometimes we would see him sleeping in the shade. I would love to see the old guy in June and give him a good tummy rub, ear scratch and maybe share a snack with him.
    Last edited by dirtleg; November 30th, 2009 at 08:02 PM.

Dirtleg, we haven't seen him on our last couple of trips. sorry.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by maryrnp View Post
    Amy, that's great information. My husband works for an animal shelter in NY. We will see what we can do to help this animal shelter. We were just at CSA Nov 20-27, and we fed the cats every day. I just hope someone always looks out for them. They are so cute, and not your typical feral cat, as they will come to you if you call them. I just hope management doesn't do anything to harm them or get rid of them. They really are harmless, and so many people enoy seeing them.
    I would imagine that as long as the cats don't become a nuisance to guests (i.e. begging for food in restaurants, etc.) then management won't do anything to harm them.

You can check out the website for the Animal House. They take monetary donations via PayPal, but I am also collecting donations (leashes, collars, toys, blankets, etc.) for our April CTI trip and am going to deliver it to them. The director told me that every little bit helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Randy,
    Thanks for the report. I did not really expect that he would be around for our trip next summer. But what a life he had, eh?
    I will still be looking for him come June though.

Dirtleg, a couple of years ago he hung out around the sunset beach bar and made many friends. that was the last time we saw him. as for the cats on the grounds they have been around since our first trip in 2005.

sometimes tough to spot, but they are there.

Randy

We were at csa from 11/13-11/20. There was a mam kitty and two of her kittens. They looked to be about 3-4 months old. Then we saw 2 other older cats once. We saw the mam and here babies everyday. We didn't know that there were cats there but they seemed to be happy with any handout.

We are going in March and have 6 cats of our own. This will be the first time leaving them for a week and are going to miss them. Having some around will make it feel like home

Ok I don't want to offend all you cat lovers but this is beginning to gross me out with all the stray cats...when we were there in 2007 I NEVER saw one..Saw a few dogs though. We requested a 3rd fl room and I really hope I don't get a 1st floor one as I am not a cat person and I am VERY allergic to them. Will they come up to your room like that even if you don't feed them or anything? As that would not be cool in my opinon due to the allergy. Thanks for any input.

When in March will you be there heymake?

We will be there the 15th-20th

EinWI:

Don't fret about the cats. If you don't make an effort to look for them you will never know that they are around. It is only a few and they are quite timid. They are not over run with felines at CSA.

It's all good.

Dirt,
    Thanks...good to know since I didn't see any last time, I would hate to be miserable on vaca due to my allergies.