Default Does anyone do the resort activities solo?

Let me start by saying I understand this is a couples only hotel and vacations here are suppose to bring you closer together as such. However, my husband and I are two different people. We have similar interest but we don't have to be attached at the hip. There are a few of the resort activities that I think I would really enjoy but know my husband would never due such as the basket making and tie dye. He would be more than grateful to sit on the beach or roam the hotel while I participate. How do others enjoy their vacation, always together or doing some solo and some couples activities?

There's good and bad to this, and having experienced both I can tell there's no perfect solution.

Years ago, I was in a situation where my days were spent on the beach, snorkeling, and exploring all that Seven Mile Beach has to offer. My late wife lived at the tennis center for the 9 or 10 days we spent at CSA twice a year. We ate breakfast and dinner together, slept together, but saw little else of each other while we were there. She played tennis from early morning until it started to rain in the afternoon. I got used to it, what other choice did I have, but resented her for constantly leaving me alone.

Fast forward to my new life and it's a whole different story. Suzi has no interest in snorkeling, I'm not crazy about massage. So she goes to the spa while I'm out photographing sea life. I like to take several trips out of the resort for real Jamaican jerk, her stomach can't handle the heat so she reads on the beach while I'm gone. Fortunately, most of the time we do things together and like you mentioned, there's no reason to assume we are joined at the hip.

Marriage truly is a delicate balance between your time, your spouse's time, and the time you spend together. I remember reading this in a poem, and I'm probably paraphrasing here - if you love someone, set them free.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

M Brumley...you are on the right track. There are plenty of activities that couples don't always do together, such as spa treatments, scuba diving, and golfing. Everyone's idea of romance doesn't equate to being together 24/7. I think my GF and I would go crazy if it did! Enjoy your romantic vacation however it works for you.

Do as you please. It's ok.

My dad and his wife were at CN with us in April. He had major surgery 10 days prior (I was surprised his doctor cleared him to travel!), so he was more than happy to sit on the beach or by the pool while his wife did some activities. I don't care for snorkeling, so my dad and I sat by the pool while our wives went snorkeling. His wife came with the two of us for the resort intro to scuba class and dive. Some days he would go to his room in the afternoon for a nap (still recovering from that surgery) and his wife would join us on the beach.

It's all good. (just can't do the AN solo...that is the one activity that is required to be couples only)

My wife and I are together alot but we do, do things on our own. There is no law that says you have to be with your spouse the whole time. ENJOY.

I do some of the resort activities alone, there has never been an issue. I adore scrabble, he does not! i wouldn't worry about it. You will see a lot of the couples participate together but there will usually be one there on their own.

Have fun!
    kelly

Hubby and I are similar. We are both independent people and don't need to be around each other 24/7. Our last trip this past March to CSS, he did the PADI certification so was off doing that while I chilled on the beach. We do some things together but not everything. So it's all good. Whatever makes the both of you happy!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Most definitely..... I go to my spa appts while hubby stays dozing on the beach for example. He went with another hubby to make restaurant appts while me the other wife shopped in the gift shop.... I play volleyball and he doesn't.... no biggie. It's fun to just relax and enjoy our together time as well as do things one of us enjoys while the other enjoys relaxing or doing something else for a couple of hours.

By all means you can do activities separate. My wife goes off and enjoys many activities while I enjoy the sand gravity and Rum Cream on the rocks. She has even gone off snorkeling and glass bottom boat by herself. We do the catamaran cruise together and maybe one or 2 other activities but that is about it.

My husband and I are also two different people..the 1st time we went to cn with another couple.The guys went diving everyday..twice a day...his wife is a beach lounger and I went snorkeling every day by myself.Yes, I was the only solo on those trips, but so what?I wound up getting to know "shrek" who told me to follow him one day...we followed two massive bat rays for 20 min..so cool!
    The next trip was to css..my husband got an ear infection and couldn't dive..we did most stuff together.This next trip undoubtedly we will split back up to pursue own activites..he loves to dive..why rob him of that?we excercised seperately too..it's YOUR vacation..no worries mon!

No problem, do what you want to. There really are no rules.

The only thing that has to be done as a couple is if you want to go to the au naturel beach, the rest you can do alone or together.

I just got a chance to see the activities list at CSA and found a few activities I'm looking forward to trying but I doubt my husband will be interested. I'm sure there will be things he wants to do that I won't be interested in. We will enjoy our time apart as well as the time we spend together.

Of course!

We don't do everything together & that's "No Problem, Mon". I like to play beach volleyball & hubby normally sits it out due to a back problem .... He doesn't want to risk it flaring up & ruining the trip .... Some of the time when I play, it's mostly men because their SO's don't choose to play & it's fine. I'm an early riser so I'm out & about before my hubby & then he tracks me down when he's ready to eat breakfast. Hubby dives sometimes but I don't. When we do activities together, there are always people on their own so no worries ... But you may find that your husband will try some of the activities that you think he won't want to do once he's there.
    Julie

We just got back from CTI and hubby went snorkeling while I went to the spa. He played billiards with others who also showed up for the tournament without their significant other. A few times he went to the Swim Up pool bar while I laid on the beach. All good.

Nancy

Last year at CSA my hubby for scuba certified (I was already certified) and I enjoyed lounging on the beach with a book while he was gone. Later, when we went on dives together, there were always singles. I do t think its a big deal as lomg as one of you doesn't resent the other.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

My wife and I do a lot of different things while we are there. We've also always went with a number of other people as well. Normally she gets up first and hits the gym or does yoga outside in the garden at CN. She comes back and gets me up and we go to breakfast. After that we normally hit up the beach with friends. She did the tie dye and I went diving the one day. The guys played a lot or beach volleyball while the ladies soaked up the sun. There was times that I felt bad that I was always doing something while she was out on the beach but we both had a great time again and I didn't get yelled at.

When we were at TI in April, we had a gentleman on board the Cat Cruise by himself. It was no big deal, we all had a blast!

My husband loves the beach but no swimming too much. I did the snorkeling alone - just swam behind different groups so that I was not 'alone'. I also did the pastry demo and cooking class alone. There's plenty of things to do together or by yourself.

I just realized that my hubby and I do almost everything together on vacation! We met through diving, so we go together, except on trip when I was so sick. Then I practically had to force him to go on his own, which was no problem as to getting a buddy, as lots of the ladies didn't dive. We both like to go snorkeling to change it up from diving, lay on the beach, read, take out hobbie cats, kayaks, go on the cat cruise, the riding at CTI (when they had it) and I even turned him into a spa guy so we do couples massages. The resort credit helped. Thank you Couples. lol. Actually, now he's more keen than I am. Neither of us are shoppers, other than the gift shop or for local crafts.
    But it's certainly ok not to do it all together. When we went to CSA for our wedding there were couples with us who did quite a few things separate. I like to get up early on vacation so as to make the most of every moment. I also like to go for long walks down the beach. He's not so keen. So depending where we are, and how safe it is, this is something I do on my own. He will join the beach volleyball, or water ski when he can. Not for me. He also doesn't swim as much as me, except where the waves are too rough for me. I like it calm for floating as well as swimming, but he likes the waves. He'll like CB for that. I may be in the pool there more. I don't like to dive 2 times a day everyday at Couples, as there's other things to do (or nothing but lay in the sun - my life is busy - R&R is good). CB will be no choice. Privately - I'm thrilled at just 2 dives. He likes to golf. I'm a rookie. Maybe he can find someone to go with. Maybe for us it would be ok to do a bit more separate...
    I would just hope that couples would spend some time together! I mean, we spend so much time apart in "real life", with work and errands and what not. It's nice to really connect on vacation, and it is "Couples" after all

My wife and I made our first trip to CSA last November. I love all of the water activities there and took a couple of snorkling trips by myself (she originally signed up but decided to stay on the beach and read). No Problem.
    We were both avid board sailers years ago, before we moved to the midwest. I tried my hand at it one day when the winds and surf were fairly light. It was a good thing she didn't accompany me. Someone needed to alert the water staff that I was drifting more than sailing. When they brought me back to the beach she was waiting for me with a planter's punch. What a great wife!! This year I think I'll try to work out more before the trip. But then again maybe just bring a few more books....