Default concerned about the weather

we will be at CSA may 20-26 and I have been checking out the weather forcast and so far it says storms and wind the first part of the week. anybody else have issues with the weather and what all is there to do inside if the weather doesnt permit outside activity?

We went at the end of April last year and the weather was definitely mixed some days. My first advice if the weather is similar when you are there is to get up early. We had sunshine every morning, the weather just sometimes turned late in the afternoon (couple of short sharp showers) and once or twice we had rain all afternoon.

Some of the things we did when it rained:

- Stay in the water Ė there's something magical about watching the rain drops in the sea or pool (and if itís a short shower it never gets cold)
    - Get a drink and chat to the amazing bartenders while sheltering from the rain
    - Find one of the many Jacuzzis scattered around and stay wet & warm 
    - Get a Spa treatment
    - Play a game, borrow a new book or play a game of pool in the bar area above the Palms
    - Head over the Road to the sports complex and:
    - Play Squash, try out one of the classes, go to the Gym or Steam Room or Sauna
    - Play Ping Pong
    - Catch a sports game on the TV over there, we ended up having a very in depth discussion about English football/soccer with a member of staff, which was great fun
    - Sit on your balcony/terrace, enjoy a drink from your mini bar or coffee maker
    - Have a bite to eat at Seagrapes or the Cabana Grill
    - Take a Look at the Social and Activity Schedule & join into an activity:
    http://www.couplesresorts.co.uk/wp-c...l-schedule.pdf
    http://www.couplesresorts.co.uk/wp-c...s-schedule.pdf
    - Use it as a time to make restaurant reservations and book trips
    - Or you could just go back to your room... 

Mmhh, I think there is probably more, but hopefully youíll find some gems yourself. Try not to think of the rain as a negative thing, but more as an opportunity to go and explore the many things the resort has on offer !

I have taken three Caribbean vacations (Dominican Republic, Negril Jamaica, and a Carribbean cruise) and am getting ready to take my fourth to Barbados. DO NOT STRESS ABOUT THE WEATHER!!!!! The forecasts always look questionable but unless a hurricane is sitting right on top of your resort you will have a wonderful time. Last year we vacationed in Negril while mere miles from a hurricane and had pretty good weather. We had a few afternoon showers and some Jelly fish came to hangout but it turned out to be a beautiful vacation!

There is a reason rain in Jamaica is referred to "Liquid Sunshine"

Don't stress, it's not something you can control, and you will find a way to enjoy yourself when it does (and it will) rain.

Quote Originally Posted by dmrigel View Post
    we will be at CSA may 20-26 and I have been checking out the weather forcast and so far it says storms and wind the first part of the week. anybody else have issues with the weather and what all is there to do inside if the weather doesnt permit outside activity?
    No worries at all. The entire stay we had @ CTI April 25-May 2nd called for T-Showers every day and it rained only once for 10 mins during breakfast the whole week. Forecasts down there are about as accurate as my lotto #s!