Default Can you drink from a coconut (CSA)?

A bit odd of a question I'm sure, but whenever I think of a carribbean vacation, I just picture myself drinking from a coconut!

I've never had the opportunity but is this offered at CSA, or off the resort near by? It's just one of those things I really want to do

Yes. Most of the bars have coconuts and they will cut them open and either let you drink the water from it directly or mix you a drink inside it.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Yes, you definitely can! If I remember correctly, there is usually someone near Seagrapes that will chop one up for you!

You can at CN.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Hi kelmn07,

The short answer is YES! A coconut drink was on my list of "to do's" last October when my husband and I were at CSA. Somehow, it got to the last evening of our trip and we hadn't gotten a coconut yet, so my husband went over to Seagrapes to get one. It was late afternoon, and they were out of coconuts. However, my husband told them our sad story - we left the next morning and really wanted to drink out of a coconut - so they found someone to go out, climb a palm tree, and chop off a coconut for us! Vacation saved!!

Just another of the numerous examples of the amazing employees at Couples! That is what makes Couples so special.

P.S. have the bartender put some coconut rum in the coconut!

Not every day but keep an eye on the beachfront restaurant Seagrapes and you will find that they do this at times. They will serve you the coconut with a straw in it and you can go to a bar to get some rum mixed in if you want to. Seagrapes does not have liquor. They do have great fish tacos there for lunch!

The staff sometimes take some and make them into drinks right at CSA. Just ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmn07 View Post
    A bit odd of a question I'm sure, but whenever I think of a carribbean vacation, I just picture myself drinking from a coconut!

I've never had the opportunity but is this offered at CSA, or off the resort near by? It's just one of those things I really want to do
    Yes you can. Probably. Sea grapes normally has fresh coconuts in the morning. Just go up and ask for a "jelly coconut". They normally have a regular supply there, as they clean them up everyday, and harvest ones that look like they may fall on some poor souls head. At least that's the case when we visit in December.

The coconut water itself does a wonderful job of rehydrating you, as it is easily absorbed by the body. It is a pretty important component in my battle against hangovers, and dehydration in general. I regularly drink a bottled version here at home now I like it so much.

If you want booze in it, just take it to your favorite bartender.

yes you can,fresh from the tree!!!!Name:  254105_2095648477979_3063783_n[1].jpg
Views: 631
Size:  82.6 KB

Yes you can drink from a coconut at CSA it is at the sea grapes on the beach it is by the palms restaurant and main pool. We did when we were there in Sept. 2011. We will be back there in 9 days. Yea!!!

I don't know if it is offered at CSA, but you can get jelly coconuts at TI. BTW they are a great cure for hangover. Just saying.....LOL

If you have not done it before be prepared for a bit of a shock when you do. Coconut milk straight from the nut is... well, not exactly what you would expect. That said I have seen them crack one open for guests at Seagrapes. I don't know of anywhere else on site that they may have coconuts that are intact, maybe the drink bar in the sports complex. Best advice is to ask around while at CSA, I'm sure they would be happy to oblige if they have a coconut available.

Have a great trip! With or without the nuts.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Yes they serve it at Seagrapes for lunch. It's just coconut water hich is okay. They don't serve cocktails in them like you may want. But you can always take your coconut to the bar and pour your drink in there.

Yes, of course you can drink from a coconut!

Just go to Seagrapes and ask....They generally have coconuts available right there, but if not, they'll get one for you. There's nothing better than fresh, cool coconut water!!

Have fun!!!!!!

We just returned from our 1st trip to CSA and we drank from a coconut everyday. You can get them at Seagrapes, however they didnt usually have them until 12:30 or so, be ready because they go fast. Of course we would drink about a 1/4 of it and then pour some rum in them, delicious!

Awesome, thanks everyone! I love coconut water so I'm very excited to get my first taste straight from a coconut!!!!