Hybrid View

Default Room preferences CSS Block A and B

We will be at CSS June 14 - 22nd and have requested Block A or B. Last fall we stayed up on the cliffs and had a wonderful view but wanted to be a little closer and a few less steps to Sunset Beach.

Anything we should know about these rooms in these blocks? preferences? Really don't mind step,s so 3rd floor would be fine with us.

Thanks,

More privacy on the 3rd floor. Better views from A bldg. We just got back from 10 days in A bldg. Last year we were on the 1st floor of B bldg. Guess it all depends what your priorities are.

"A" is closer to Sunset Beach.

We prefer "B" ground floor. We love the ability to walk straight out our back sliding glass door to the beach. Also, great location for the Starlight Gala.

"A" also has main pool directly in front.

No bad choice; just depends on what you want.
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Parrot
    We’ve stayed on the hill in penthouse rooms and in blocks A and B. We always come back to A and B as being close to SSB as possible and as high up as we can be is important to us. One year we got a room in B-block that is on the corner between A and B. It had a big tree in front of it. We couldn’t see anything other than the tree. We found we liked that room too as it afforded us some unexpected privacy that we didn’t have at other locations... It truly is a point of prospective plus we’re on vacation and trying new things is part of it for us.

Jeff and Susan
    CSS: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010,
    2011, 2012, 2013
    CTI: 2009
    CN: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    We will be at CSS June 14 - 22nd and have requested Block A or B. Last fall we stayed up on the cliffs and had a wonderful view but wanted to be a little closer and a few less steps to Sunset Beach.

Anything we should know about these rooms in these blocks? preferences? Really don't mind step,s so 3rd floor would be fine with us.

Thanks,
    Hi Parrot,
    My wife and I will be there June 16-23. Last year we stayed in B-block, 2nd floor closest room to the Palazina restaurant. I'd suggest B over A. A is a few steps closer to Sunset Beach, but we didn't think that made much of a difference because it's level terrain. If you're more into view, I'd suggest 2nd or 3rd floor in center of B block. That way you get more beach and less pool. If you're into convenience I'd suggest ground floor center of B block. I wouldn't recommend the side closest to Palazina because it tended to be a little more noisy over there. We are supposedly staying in D-block this year....is that where you stayed last year?
    John and Joanna

We were just there this past March (first time to CSS). We had room A25. 3rd Floor, corner room closest to B block. We really enjoyed it. Great view.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Thanks for all the advice. We have been long time visitors to GLN/Breezes since 1996 (over 30 trips). Last fall given all the turmoil at Lido we had started looking for a new home and tried CSS and really like it. We were in E Block and had a beautiful view. Like I said we had been going to GLN for our anniversary in June since 1996 and had held out hope that things were going to settle out at GLN and waited till the last minute to change to CSS. We were heart broken when we called initially and were told the resort was fully booked. But the good people at CSS finally did confirm us for Block A or B. We are very happy since those are the blocks of rooms that we wanted to try after our first visit and would be happy with whatever floor they give us. We are really looking forward to our return trip and it sounds as if the resort will be at full capacity and hoping.

Thanks everyone

we were just at CSS a couple of days ago (5/23 to 5/30). Loved being in block A, third floor (A30). We went to Sunset Beach everyday. It's a shorter walk than the other blocks. Very nice view from our balcony overlooking the main pool, beach and ocean. Loved having coffee every morning on the balcony. This block is pretty far from the lobby, Casanova, gift shop. Quite a hike up the hill whether you use stairs or the road.