Thread: Bottled Water

Hybrid View

Default Bottled Water

We are staying in atrium suite which, from what I have read, does not have a fridge. That's fine, but I was wondering if I wanted to have bottled water in the room, do I need to request it? Is it an extra charge? OR, shoud I bring some with me from home in my checked luggage. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Every morning and evening they refill a pitcher of ice water in the room, which tastes just fine (the water is potable). I wouldn't bother bringing any. I think you can buy it at the little shop but it's pretty expensive. I know what you mean--can't drink alchohol all day! No worries

The water in Jamaica is completely fine to drink. They put a fresh carafe in water in your room each day with ice and so forth. Please consider the impact of plastic bottles in such a small island before bringing trash to leave behind.

Everyday the housekeeping staff will refill an insulated pitcher with ice water for you. Jamaica's tap water is wonderful and safe to drink. They export water to other countries. No need to pack water from home.
    nobody's favorite poster

I believe they put ice water in all rooms, can someone confirm if this is true at CSA? The water is safe to drink in Jamaica.

If you want bottle water at any resort other than CTI, all you have to do is ask for it. It is at no charge.

Water is too heavy for your luggage, you are limited by weight by your airline.
    Last edited by jon1963; September 26th, 2009 at 01:03 PM.
    Irie Mon

Hi Sbwppines,

I have never seen bottled water at Couples, the water in JA is not an issue or concern like it is in Mexico and the Dominican, it is perfectly safe to drink and tastes great.

What resort are you staying at? There is a thread a few post up about the mini bars and what rooms do and don't have them. At CN we had bottle water in our mini bars and if we needed more we went to the bar and they would give you however many you wanted. I got 6 bottle at one time to take out diving one morning.

Awesome info everyone! Thank you. Only 58 days til CSA!!! Can't wait!

Mzambo -

We've only stayed at CSA, and I know for a fact there are bottles of Likkle Wata at every bar - you just have to ask, and when you're done, just dispose of them in the recycle waste receptacles that dot the beach. Bottled Wata?? No problem, mon!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonegril View Post
    Mzambo -

We've only stayed at CSA, and I know for a fact there are bottles of Likkle Wata at every bar - you just have to ask, and when you're done, just dispose of them in the recycle waste receptacles that dot the beach. Bottled Wata?? No problem, mon!!
    Love it, will have to check it out in April at CSS just cuz I love the name........lol

the mini bars in the rooms at Swept Away have fullsize bokkles of Wata. yup they do.

Randy

Yeah I do like the name Wata on the bottles!

You can get all the bottled water you want from any of the bars