Default January vs Summer & BFVS vs GVS

Hi Everyone! I'm starting to go crazy trying to plan a much-needed vacation for my husband and me. We NEED a vacation! We can either go for 5 nights in January or a week after schools out in June of 2014. January is appealing because I'm not sure I can wait until June! But the cost!!!!

And then there's the room. I know I want a verandah. But BF or Garden? Garden is cheaper but I love the BF idea.

Help!!!!

I would say go for the longer trip in June. If you would like pics of both, email me at saraclemons19@yahoo.com
    We returned from our 5th trip to csa last month and loved our gvs. Good luck deciding.

If you can wait till June I would wait, 5 nights is just not enough. You waste the first day just getting there and getting the lay of the land. And the last night you will be to sad to enjoy because you have to leave in the morning so out of 5 nights you really only have 3 good nights.

If you can do the BF and not lose a day go for it, if you can stay longer with the Garden I would do that. Gardens are more private but may have road noise, BF are right on the beach but less private. As long as your at CSA any room is good.

You can save a lot of money by opting for a garden verandah suite vs. a beachfront verandah suite. The rooms are almost identical except for the proximity to the beach. And even then, the GVS rooms are only a very short walk to the beach. So if staying in a GVS room enables you to stay an additional night, don't hesitate to book the room. Unlike some other resorts, you don't get perks just for booking a certain room category at CSA. As far as January vs. June, if you really, really need a vacation, you will probably be miserable if you wait until next June. We usually go in January, and the weather is perfect then for us - not as hot and humid as in the summer. The water is still plenty warm in January, too. Also, January is the "dry" season for Negril, so you very rarely get an all day rain.

I would go in june when you can have extra nights. In our experience, anything less than 7 nights is just not long enough to really get into the relaxation mode. If you can make it to January, you can hold on a little longer to june. Plus, by january summer clothes and such will just be coming to the stores and you can start vacation shopping to help hold you over until june! as for room choice, our first trip to CSA will be september, we booked BFVS, it was far enough out that the cost was not too much more, and we are from Iowa, and we want to see the ocean as much as possible when we are near it!