Default Does it get any easier ???

Well, as my title question says, Does it get any easier ???

My Wife-to-be and I have only 18 days and a wake up until we're going to Negril (or any Couples Resort, or anywhere outside of the U.S. for that matter.)

Obvisouly we're getting anxious!!! Both of us are super stressing out at work, extremely stressed out with the kids, biting at our nails, counting weeks, days, minutes, etc... CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE BEACH WITH A COLD ONE IN OUR HANDS !!!!! And the time here has just seemed to go into "slow motion", like it's NEVER going to get here soon enough. I mean, if i don't get outta here soon, i'm gonna flip the !@#$ out on some innocent bystander. (just kidding, well... maybe)

Does it get easier with time, or is that anxiety before a vacation typical? Other than weekend camping trips, this is a first time REAL vacation for either one of us.

Any tips, hints, secrets, help?

Thanks in advance!!!

Tim

We are leaving in 12 days 6 hours 22 minutes for our 4th trip, no it doesn't get any easier. Our children are threating to take us to the airport now if we bring up Jamaica one more time and the sad part is we would gladly go, one step closer LOL! I have no tips on how to make this time go faster other then you are not alone. Jamaica soon come!!!

Get some Red Stripe or Appelton VX and have beverage after work with some reggae playing. Also make Saturday afternoons Jamaica days (after the errends are done).

It does not get any easier. This July will be our 4th trip and we are as anxious as ever. 60 days to go...and 424 for our 2014 trip!

Quote Originally Posted by kawboy613 View Post

My Wife-to-be and I have only 18 days and a wake up until we're going to Negril (or any Couples Resort, or anywhere outside of the U.S. for that matter.)

Obvisouly we're getting anxious!!! Both of us are super stressing out at work, extremely stressed out with the kids, biting at our nails, counting weeks, days, minutes, etc... CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE BEACH WITH A COLD ONE IN OUR HANDS !!!!! And the time here has just seemed to go into "slow motion", like it's NEVER going to get here soon enough. I mean, if i don't get outta here soon, i'm gonna flip the !@#$ out on some innocent bystander. (just kidding, well... maybe)

Does it get easier with time, or is that anxiety before a vacation typical? Other than weekend camping trips, this is a first time REAL vacation for either one of us.

Thanks in advance!!!

Tim
    Hey neighbor,
    It gets worse. Once you go you know. You are in for a treat and will probably be a repeater.
    Mike

We're still 344 days out from our 6th trip. No. It doesn't get any easier at all. Especially when you haven't been in two years!!!

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    Get some Red Stripe or Appelton VX and have beverage after work with some reggae playing. Also make Saturday afternoons Jamaica days (after the errends are done).
    HA Ha, I do the same thing! Red Stripe, a cigar and Bob Marley on the deck on Saturday afternoons!!!! 96 more days!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache View Post
    Hey neighbor,
    It gets worse. Once you go you know. You are in for a treat and will probably be a repeater.
    Mike
    Hey hey, look at that... A local !!! Howdy!

But that's not what i was hoping to hear, from anyone... it gets worse... and i thought i couldn't take it any longer now, what am i to do in years to come? The regae music & Red Stripe sounds like a good idea!

Does Jamaica have anything similar to Jack Daniels? I'm more of a Jack-n-Coke (Pepsi) drinker myself.

From our experience, it doesn't get any easier. However, the time spent on vacation goes by in a blurr. Sooo unfair!

Not that we're counting or anything but...280 more days til we return home to SSB!!

Can I get a YA MON!!??!!

I think it actually gets harder, because once you go you know! Only 121 days till CSA (Trip# 4) and 485 days till 2014 trip to CSA....and we will try to sneak in a trip to CSS somewhere in between Welcome to the family!
    Nancy

13 Days! Already have some things ready to throw in a suitcase!

It seems I am going against the current a bit on this one. We are preparing for our 8th trip to CSA in about three weeks and while we are very excited about returning home there is a calm about this trip that has grown a bit with each trip we have made. We know what we are in for, there is not a lot we have not already seen or experienced at CSA. We have made the trip enough times that we know the routine at airports, Couples lounge, shuttle trips and check in. In other words there are few surprises or unknowns for us to fret over. That said we are looking forward to the trip more than any other so far. We are so looking forward to relaxing on the beach, going for morning walks, meals at the various restaurants, seeing old friends, making new friends and just having the best vacation we could possibly hope for. It truly is like a trip back home. So yes, for us anyway, it does get better. Both the run up to the trip and the time at Couples itself.

See you at the beach!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Thanks in advance!!!

Tim
    You think its hard now? Wait until you are a repeater....you don't know yet, you soon will though! CN is beautiful, enjoy!

16 MORE DAYS!!!!!!! I think it gets worse. This will be my 2nd time going to couples. Trying out CSA this time. Everyone at work is counting down with me since I'm going to marry my supervisor. I stare at pictures constantly to help me pass the time. The photo contest threads are excellent.

The only times it is easier is when you have something HUGE going on in your regular life, like moving or a really big work project. When either of those two events have happened to me prior to vacation I've been so consumed by them I don't really think about the upcoming vacation until it's time to go to the airport.

However, if your regular life is going along at a regular pace (which is most of the time), then the answer is no, it doesn't get any easier. I think we are all guilty of obsessing over our upcoming vacation and spending way too many waking moments reading these boards, myself included. Too bad I can't just LIVE at a Couples resort!!

NO!!!!!

Hey hey, look at that... A local !!! Howdy!

But that's not what i was hoping to hear, from anyone... it gets worse... and i thought i couldn't take it any longer now, what am i to do in years to come? The regae music & Red Stripe sounds like a good idea!

Does Jamaica have anything similar to Jack Daniels? I'm more of a Jack-n-Coke (Pepsi) drinker myself.
    Like I said, get some Appleton VX. You should be able to get it at your local liquor store. You may never drink Jack again.

http://us.appletonestate.com/products/vx

It does not get easier, but the edge is dulled some. The countdown days seem to drag, and your constantly looking on the message boards, looking at photo's, reading others thoughts and experiences and going yea, that's right or no that's wrong, for each of us experience it differently. But you know what you are going to experience, whether it is your 2nd trip or 35th trip, the anxiety will be replaced with anticipation and you will find yourself smiling, when you think of home, and the place you are going.

my computer says.... 13 days, 2 hours, 13 min and 26 seconds-25-24-23-22-21... (you get the idea)

Until we're Married, and then it's just a wake up!!!!! Jamaica, HERE WE COME!!!!

Got an email, said our flight itinerary changed, we leave an hour earlier now from St. Louis, need to be there 2 hours prior to flight, and live and hour away (approx.), so that means we need to leave by 3am ?

OK, so maybe no wake-up, just a party all night, i think i'll be too excited to sleep for all of a couple hours, or too nervous to oversleep and miss our flights!!!!!

Yes, it does get easier. We go every winter and each year it gets to be more routine. Still exciting, but not like the first 2 or 3 times.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

12 days and we will be married and a wake up and we will be on our way to CN!!!! Gahhhhh I can NOT WAIT!!!!