Default Carry on Luggage Thefts- In flight thieves

Just read an article where people are stealing folks carry on luggage. When you board the plane, the space above your assigned seat is often taken so you move down the line to next available space. Be careful with your valuables folks. Thefts with checked bags and theft with carry-ons. I am keeping anything of value in my purse.

I put mine under the seat in front of me, then I can get at it easier also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    Just read an article where people are stealing folks carry on luggage. When you board the plane, the space above your assigned seat is often taken so you move down the line to next available space. Be careful with your valuables folks. Thefts with checked bags and theft with carry-ons. I am keeping anything of value in my purse.
    I'm right there with you, anything valuable, electronic, etc stays in my handbag.
    There is no unhappiness like the misery of sighting land (and work) again after a cheerful, careless voyage ~Mark Twain

This is why I try to avoid the "bulk head" row. I hate having to put my purse in the overhead. If I am forced to do this, I try to put my purse in the overhead opposite of where I am sitting so that I can at least keep an eye on it while the bins are open.

One way to deter these idiots (if you can't put your carryon under your seat) is to put your overhead bag in the bin with the zippers facing the inside of the bin away from the bin's door. These thieves want to get into your bag and out as fast as they can. If they can't reach the zipper, they are less likely to go for it. avoid using carryon bags that do not zip. Also, they tend to go for bags that people were not able to place directly over their assigned seats (Out of sight, out of mind). This issue is also more prevalent on overseas flights where people tend to fall asleep.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

anything of value goes under the seat, if someone wants my socks or boxers have at it.

I use my beach bag for carry-on and it fits under the seat in front of me with camera and wallet. They also did a news story on this on my morning news program, GMA or CBS this morning. Can't remember which one. Nothing of value goes in the checked bag. If they want my clothes & underwear, have at it, I need new stuff anyway.
    Vicky