Default Sans Souci Rooms

Hi! we're getting ready to book our honeymoon for the end of August/early September and have finally decided on Sans Souci. But the problem now is, we can't decide on a room. We have it narrowed down to a 1 bedroom Ocean Suite or 1 bedroom Beachfront Suite, I'd love a Penthouse but it seems those have all been booked. I'm interested in a large balcony and awesome view, I'd also like a separate tub and shower, but would rather have the balcony. I don't mind the steps and from what I've read G block is the way to go, but I think the fiance would rather not walk as far and be closer to the beach. Help!

Large Balcony and view - Ocean suite
    separate tub and shower - beach front
    It comes down to which is more important really. The beach is closer to things, but you can't beat the views in G block. We always try to go for E-G just for the views. We figure the extra walking helps counter effect all we eat! We just got back from there and I only gained 3 lbs!
    Susan & Chris
    CTI 2003, 2004
    CSS 2008, 2013!

We have stayed in both, and although the convenience factor of the beachfront is nice, I will always stay in the Ocean view from now on!! The views from the G block are unbelievable! The beachfront has the jacuzzi tub and to be honest, we only used it once, the day we arrived to get rid of the knots from traveling. The steps and the walking are really not as bad as some people make them out to be, unless you have mobility or breathing issues. By day 2, you really don't even notice the walk, it simply becomes part of your routine and you actually enjoy the beautiful scenery. We have been in September twice, and the weather is awesome. Enjoy your trip!!!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by SusanL0412 View Post
    It comes down to which is more important really. The beach is closer to things, but you can't beat the views in G block. We always try to go for E-G just for the views. We figure the extra walking helps counter effect all we eat! We just got back from there and I only gained 3 lbs!
    Not only are the beachfront suites separate tub and shower, the tub is a full huge jacuzzi tub! It took us like a half hour to fill it! (or so it seemed, we were there for our honeymoon and were excitedly waiting for it to get full enough to turn the jets on.) I have heard (and seen pictures) of the views from G Block, but our view from A Block was good enough for me. We had a 3rd floor room, and could see the ocean, watch the morning crew clean up the beach, watch them set up for the friday gala, sometimes listening to them sing or talk, and slept every night with the windows open, listening to the tree frogs and waves on the beach. The ocean suites do win hands down for having larger balconies. I think they have a table, 2 chairs, and loungers as well. The beachfront suites are still decent sized, enough for a table and 2 chairs. A couple nights, my wife and I sat out on the balcony, and we did not feel cramped or anything, but the ocean suite balconies provide much more "roaming" space.

Oh, as far as the walking to counteract the weight gain... We were there for 9 nights, and I gained about 12 pounds...

No wrong choice. I prefer the large balconies and view on the cliffs but DH prefers the proximatey of the ocean front. We tend to alternate every couple of years.

Amy

We stayed in the Beachfront Suite this past March (A25). It was nice and convenient except to the lobby area. View was nice but small balcony. We never used the jacuzzi tub while we were there. Next time we go, we want to try the Ocean Suite. The stairs really weren't that bad as we went over to that side by the mineral pool every day.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

B Block is great! And so convenient to the beach. We always book B Block and we ask for the ground floor every time. We love the location and it's great on Gala night as you are RIGHT THERE!
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/

Just book oceanfront at CSS Anyone have pics?

Quote Originally Posted by SusanL0412 View Post
    This is a generalization and notnecessarily true in all cases... we just returned from our 1-bedroom ocean suite in D-block, and were very disappointed with the size of our balcony. (We even called up to front desk to make sure they had put us in the right class of room.) The rest of the room was great, and the view was fabulous - especially for evening sunsets! - but our balcony was only large enough for a bistro set with small table and 2 chairs. If you want a balcony that has loungers too, be sure to specify when making your reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by Semotion View Post
    Here are photos of our one bedroom ocean suite photo link

We had room G-4
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Quote Originally Posted by Semotion View Post
    This is B Block on the left and A Block on the right.

Name:  100_4815.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  298.7 KB

The beach as seen from the water with B Block in the background.

Name:  100_4824.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  306.0 KB

Pallazina Restaurant, just to the left (as seen from the beach) of B Block building.

Name:  100_4837.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  316.3 KB

Gala Night (Friday) which is directly in front of B Building. This is one reason we always request B Building. Plus, it's a short walk directly to the main beach!

Name:  100_5032.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  272.2 KB
    Cigar Dude
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

My cigar blog: http://tinytimblog.blogspot.com/