Default Eight Rivers restaurant

What do most people wear to Eight rivers restaurant? It says to dress elegant. Does this mean formal? Does the man need to wear a suit and tie?

Long pants, collared shirt and close toed shoes is all that is required for men.

I wore a maxi dress and the hubby wore a linen shirt and pants. He did wear close toes shoes. This is the first trip (for us) that my husband packed more shoes than me

No suit and tie, but slacks and a collared shirt would be fine and appropriate. Closed toe shoes for men. Most women wore dresses when we were there, but a few also had on slacks with a nice blouse and dressier shoes (dress sandals).

no way mon! Closed toed shoes, island type shirt, and long trousers for men is just right!

Men just need to wear pants, collared shirt and shoes. No need to take suit and tie unless he really likes to wear them.

No suit or tie, but men need to wear long pants with a collared shirt and closed toe shoes. No flip-flops. Women wear dressy sundresses, no flip-flops for women either.
    Dianavr

I wore white linen pants and a Hawian shirt, nice sandals. NO SUIT!

you could do formal I guess if you wanted too... just means dress nice. I wore a longer sun dress... the guys need slacks, no open toed shoes, dress shirt

Awesome. Thank you all so much

Does "collard shirt" mean a button up/dress shirt or does it mean polo? Sorry, this September will be our first time to CSA/Jamaica and would like to know this. I'm sure it has been mentioned a million and one times before, so sorry.
    Erin & Patrick

A "collard shirt" has big green leaves around the neck. lol Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Real answer: Both. Anything shirt with a collar. No t-shirts.

Polo/slacks works, too.

Quote Originally Posted by suttonjamaica View Post
    Does "collard shirt" mean a button up/dress shirt or does it mean polo? Sorry, this September will be our first time to CSA/Jamaica and would like to know this. I'm sure it has been mentioned a million and one times before, so sorry.
    A collared polo shirt is fine as is a tropical print button down shirt. We do see guys in the long sleeve, business type dress shirts. It is air conditioned. What they want is someone wearing a tshirt, shorts and sandals. We have seen them turn away guys wearing capri length pants also.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    A collared polo shirt is fine as is a tropical print button down shirt. We do see guys in the long sleeve, business type dress shirts. It is air conditioned. What they want is someone wearing a tshirt, shorts and sandals. We have seen them turn away guys wearing capri length pants also.
    Thank you!
    Erin & Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    A "collard shirt" has big green leaves around the neck. lol Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Real answer: Both. Anything shirt with a collar. No t-shirts.
    Haha! I didn't even noticed I spelled it wrong. lol
    Erin & Patrick