Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CTI Review IT's JUST MY OPNION Mind You !!!!

Before you go SLAMMING ME remember that THIS IS JUST MY OPPNION... Im entitled to it just as you are to YOURS

Arrived at CTI On a saturday afternoon the 18th of may around 4:00 Room was not ready so we were told to go to the snack bar and come back in 20 min. (STRIKE ONE ) I asked where is the snack bar ? And was told go to the right and keep walking you cant miss it.... OK Walk around for a bit found snack bar and had a sandwich and took in the view VERY NICE and just relaxed for about 30 min then went back to the desk and stood around for a few min while the next batch of guests got their rooms then we were taken to ours by Byron I think? Nice guy one of the FEW friendly staff there mind you. went to the orentation at 5 with Miguel. Another nice guy very funny! Aside from that all in all it was not for me!!!! I was not impressed with EVERYONE wanting a hand out!!! To me all the other guests with the exception of a few were very stand off-ish. Staff was not very friendly Drinks were very VERY Weak and watered down Food was good Bay side the best The chef even came out before hand and spoke with us at length untill our food came. dunns river was a L O N G wait untill we had a big enough group to go up the falls Stood around for an hour just waiting. Went snorkeling twice it was cool the life vest were in VERY VERY bad shape as in falling apart and ripped to the point the inside material was coming out. Yeah that makes you feel safe!!! Again this is just MY OPPNION... MY Thoughts... MY EXPEREINCE... I guess I am just a good old American Lover. Having traveled the world with the U.S. ARMY I find the states as my cup of tea. My wife Loved it but again just not for me. To me it came off as a country that has alot of people mad because we go there to relax and vacation when they have it rough.

Like you said, you're entitled to your opinion but fortunately is an opinion that is not shared by very many people. Especially in here. In my opinion the resort, the staff, and the service is exceptional that well exceeds most of what I have experienced in my US and Canada travels. I do agree that the life jackets are indeed dated and likely wouldn't pass safety code here but as for hand outs, I never once felt pressure to tip anyone since tipping is prohibited and enforced by management so I ma amazed you have that impression. Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience. I am glad mine wasn't the same when we were there in April. Good luck in your future travels.

Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Glad it's just your "OPPINION", but when you start out SCREAMING (all caps is considered screaming) you're going to invite people to react in a negative way.

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience, and yet amazingly your wife loved it. I'm glad for her, at least, that she was able to enjoy the beauty of Jamaica.

Everybody has their own opinion. Having been there only 1 month before you, I do see your points. Yes there were employee's looking for tips. No big deal to me because I'm sure they are underpaid. We did have one almost demand it. He lost, we won. It did not affect us having a great vacation because I really don't care what he wanted. Some of the vests have seen better days, again that did not affect me going snorkeling either. We cannot control the friendlyness of the other guests. I was there for R&R and connect with my wife, again I really don't care what others think of me. If you look at things that way, you can't lose. The bottom line is we had a great time and are returning in Aug! Same staff, new guests, I cant wait to see what this trip brings, perhaps life long friends? Or perhaps not. Whatever makes you happy is all IRIE ! I'm glad your wife had a good time! Peace out.

Why so hostile?

Quote Originally Posted by sproffitt View Post
    Before you go SLAMMING ME remember that THIS IS JUST MY OPPNION... Im entitled to it just as you are to YOURS

Arrived at CTI On a saturday afternoon the 18th of may around 4:00 Room was not ready so we were told to go to the snack bar and come back in 20 min. (STRIKE ONE ) I asked where is the snack bar ? And was told go to the right and keep walking you cant miss it.... OK Walk around for a bit found snack bar and had a sandwich and took in the view VERY NICE and just relaxed for about 30 min then went back to the desk and stood around for a few min while the next batch of guests got their rooms then we were taken to ours by Byron I think? Nice guy one of the FEW friendly staff there mind you. went to the orentation at 5 with Miguel. Another nice guy very funny! Aside from that all in all it was not for me!!!! I was not impressed with EVERYONE wanting a hand out!!! To me all the other guests with the exception of a few were very stand off-ish. Staff was not very friendly Drinks were very VERY Weak and watered down Food was good Bay side the best The chef even came out before hand and spoke with us at length untill our food came. dunns river was a L O N G wait untill we had a big enough group to go up the falls Stood around for an hour just waiting. Went snorkeling twice it was cool the life vest were in VERY VERY bad shape as in falling apart and ripped to the point the inside material was coming out. Yeah that makes you feel safe!!! Again this is just MY OPPNION... MY Thoughts... MY EXPEREINCE... I guess I am just a good old American Lover. Having traveled the world with the U.S. ARMY I find the states as my cup of tea. My wife Loved it but again just not for me. To me it came off as a country that has alot of people mad because we go there to relax and vacation when they have it rough.
    As a 14th time repeater (also married there) I feel bad that the resort was not for you. You are entitled to you oppion. The issue that I would have to disagree with is the staff. The staff at CTI is the best and I never heard anyone complain abouth them. The resort can't help be responsible for other guest's attitudes nor of the country. Glad to hear that your wife loved it.
    Dianavr

Quote Originally Posted by sproffitt View Post
    I was not impressed with EVERYONE wanting a hand out!!!

What does this even mean? Can you please elaborate?
    Honeymoon @ CSA 2010; CSS 2011 & 2012; CTI June 2013

sproffit - no problem mon; Jamaica and Couples not for all and it is truly irie for those it is for - may you find your heart's home as we have in Negril

Sprofitt - sorry your experience at CTI was so rough. It's good, though, that you allowed yourself to experience travel to another country....now I guess you REALLY know that travel in the US is best for you....and God knows, we can certainly use people spending whatever discretionary income they have in the US!!

You obviously did not go to the same Couples Tower Isle that my wife and I did. We found the staff to be excellent. Never asked for a hand out. Always willing to stop and talk with us. We keep to ourselves but still enjoyed the other guests. Even made friends with a couple that may join us in Barbados.

What was the point of your review? My mom always said if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything. I hope your review does not sway anyone to not try CTI because it is a great place.

Thank you for your service. I'm sorry you were disappointed.

Hasn't been my experiance. You should vacation somewhere in the U.S. then.

Since this is a Couples message board you probably aren't going to find many people that agree with you, but I want to say that everyone has a different opinion and at least you are brave enough to voice yours. Good for you. I personally like Couples but I know that sometimes certain resorts are not good fits for certain people. There's no fault or blame to either the person or the resort, it's just simply not a good match.

However, in defense of the staff, I will say that they have to deal with visitors every day and not everyone is kind or gracious to them. Also, there is a lot of poverty in Jamaica and those of us who live in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. and have a fairly decent standard of living need to be understanding and compassionate to that fact. I'm a friendly person but I'm not sure I could remain friendly if I had to deal with people on vacation day in and day out like the staff at Couples does.

Granted, I've run into a few staff members at Couples that aren't especially nice. It's annoying when the front desk person ignores you and then when she finally acknowledges you acts as though are bothering her. However, I try to remember that they have a difficult job, that not all the guests treat the staff with respect, and I just try to kill those grumpy staff members with kindness. Also, I refuse to let a surly staff member ruin my vacation. My experience has been that the staff that aren't especially nice are in the minority; I found the majority of the staff at Couples to be friendly and welcoming.

To the original poster: I would encourage you to perhaps try another one of the Couples resorts. However, if you have decided that the Couples brand is not your cup of tea I wish you luck in finding a resort that is a better fit for you. There is bound to be one, you just need to find it. Hopefully you'll have a lot of fun trying out different resorts and vacation destinations until you find that one, special resort that you can call your favorite.

Guess you stay in states!

wow this shocks me!!! thils is the first "negative" review I have ever read.. You are completely entitled to your review on it.. Bummed you didnt have an amazing time.

what do you mean wanting a hand out?

...you didn't enjoy it then...!

I feel sorry for your wife.

And all your English teachers.

Yup, you are entitled to your own opinion, but I am really surprised (and skeptical) that anyone had their hand out. They aren't allowed to take tips, and they know that guests are told not to give them. They can lose their job. Not worth it to hold their hand out to some Grumpy Guy.
    In 3 trips to Couples we found that the staff at all (including CTI) were the best thing about Couples and way above and beyond just about any place I've ever been to. Sure some were more friendly than others, but not one was ever rude or had a hand out!
    My worst service has always been in North America. Just saying. MY experience in years of travel all over.
    But hey, stay in the USA if that's what makes you happy. Too bad for her though.
    I'm going to add that if you go places with a negative attitude, like you don't really want to be there (because no where is like home) it's going to show and people aren't as likely to warm up to you either. You set the stage to make it an unpleasant trip when you spend your time looking for issues instead of embracing the new culture and people.

To be fair to the original poster only 8% of USA citizens even own a passport and thus the majority of the country are happy with the US way of life and to be honest, why wouldn't they? The US has pretty much everything that most travellers are looking for. Mountains, deserts, rain forest, swampland, incredible coastal resorts etc etc etc. All it lacks is a long history. It is, in a nutshell, self contained.

I was surprised, however, at the obvious anger contained in the post but then he may have paid a great deal for the holiday and felt it wasn't worth it compared to other military bases he has visited around the world (tongue in cheek comment there OP!).

I do agree that it was brave of the OP to post a negative comment here and 'fair play' to Couples for not moderating his comments. Rather that than posting vexatious and angry comments on Tripadvisor or such like. You are entitled to your opinion Sir but you could have self moderated by turning off the caps. THAT MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!

I did note some positive comments so perhaps the idea is to accept that the trip was not your 'cup of tea' (amazing to hear that from an American as tea is not their strong point!) and move to a different resort. May I suggest Guantanamo? Plenty of soldiers there to help you feel at home! I'm kidding fella but since you found the staff at Couples to be grabby for tips I would strongly urge you to avoid pretty much any other resort in the Caribbean, all of India, parts of South East Asia. I guess that leaves Europe (not always an openly friendly place compared to USA) and Australasia (brilliant but a long way to go).

For me and my wife there is no other place like Couples and we rely on their friendliness, hospitality and kindliness to their guests. 14 days left till we fly home to CSS. Yeah baby!!

After three trips to CTI I can honestly say the staffs' attitude toward you mirrors your attitude toward them.

Bruce and Kelli
    Fort Worth, TX
    CN 2006, 2008
    CTI 2009, 2010, 2011
    CSA 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridgeata View Post
    there were employee's looking for tips. No big deal to me because I'm sure they are underpaid. We did have one almost demand it. He lost, we won.
    I find it amazing that in four trips to CTI, I have have never encountered an employee who even remotely appeared as though they might be contemplating the slightest thought of asking for, let alone demanding a tip. Wow.

To each his own. I would love to hear from your wife.

I think you answered your own question...." I guess I am just a good old American Lover. Having traveled the world with the U.S. ARMY I find the states as my cup of tea." Many people do not like to travel and even going to paradise (Which Couples / CTI is) would not be happy. That is fine. Certainly your choice.
    And I think you also clearly knew you are in the very smallest minority in your comments by all your up front disclaimers of this only being your opinion.
    But to knock the staff and define your trip by the condition of one life vest, I hope anyone reading this that has not been to Couples or CTI and may be planning to do so, can clearly see it was not Couples. You would not be happy traveling anywhere.
    We are going 'Home' in 5 weeks for our 20th trip to Jamaica and 18th to Couples. And we know many that have returned 20 - 30+ times. A very terrible place I guess?? I am truly a person that always said "How do people even travel to the same place twice? There is a world to see."
    But yet here we are going back to Couples for our 18th trip.
    It is because of so many things; the romantic couples only policy, the beautiful resort, the pristine ocean, the GREAT food and I can go on and on.
    But most of those things can be found in many resorts worldwide. Why we have returned so many times is the exact opposite of what you have portrayed. The staff. When I said going "Home", it is not just a saying. The staff Truly makes us feel that way. THAT is the reason we have returned so many times. They treat you like you are family even though they do have it very "rough" as you say. More than you will ever know.
    I could say some things about your last sentence, but won't. Very crude!!
    Usually would not take this much time to respond to something, but had to for those that might me reading this that have never been to this special place and may be considering it.
    One Love.
    Mi love fi binaked inna Jamaica
    (Patois for: I Love To Be Naked in Jamaica / At the island or SSB Mon!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast