Hybrid View

Default rainy forecast for entire week :(

Hi guys, I have booked for may 28th-June 4th. However, checking the weather forecast, it says it will rain entire week. considering that weather, is it still a good idea to come? I am so bummed I dont know what to do.

Don't worry about the forecast it aways shows rain. Most days you will get a 10-30 minutes shower in the afternoon and the sun is right back out.

I'd go without hesitation. We are entering the rainier season, but that does not mean continual rain. Rain every day in the tropics can be and often is rain for from a few minutes to at most a couple of hours, followed by the return of the sun. My experience is that usually the morning is sunny. Then it clouds up around, or after lunch, followed by a few showers, followed by clearing and some afternoon sun. It is often predictable enough that you can pick up the rhythm after a couple of days and just plan around it.

Seriously? You believe the weather guessers? Rain normally comes in the mid afternoon, so get up early and enjoy the beach. If it does rain you can hang out in the pool. Of course it rains in Jamaica, things would not be so green otherwise but folks go there in large part because of the weather. Go.. enjoy.. be happy.

When we were there the weather showed rain everyday....it would rain for 10-15 minutes then be gone. There is so much to do and so much to enjoy, I wouldn't cancel just for a few raindrops! Lol. No worries

It rains pretty much every day but only for a short time (see it as liquid sunshine!). Don't worry!

Click here to see what the locals think of the weather forecast.

I am no meterologist, but it is normal for a chance of rain every afternoon when the sun goes down. I have seen this many times and been worried, but usually the days are good. It's a humid tropical island, and its getting to the wetter part of the year, so you will see a chance almost everyday.
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann

it always will say rain. You just go with the notion that if it rains, your tan won't be so much. other than that it shouldn't put you off from sitting on the beach swimming or doing anything else. Chances are you WILL see the sun. in the years we have been going it rained on one vacation at CN with two days of sun. It didn't stop me from doing anything. It will usually rain for a few minutes (like florida) then everything is irie! stop worrying you will get frown lines!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tammy86 View Post
    Hi guys, I have booked for may 28th-June 4th. However, checking the weather forecast, it says it will rain entire week. considering that weather, is it still a good idea to come? I am so bummed I dont know what to do.
    We are at CSS NOW! The weather was calling for a 60% chance every day before we left and it has rained for a total of 1 hr in 4 days so far. Dont pay attention to the weather forcast! Come home and have a blast! No Worries Mon!

We're going to CN those exact dates. In my past experiences in Jamaica, the rain isn't all day unless there's a major storm coming through. There should still be plenty of opportunity for fun in the sun. No turning back for us, so we'll take what we can get!!

If you check the forecast 365 days a year, that is what you will see for Jamaica. The reality is you will probably see a shower or two, but you will get plenty of sunshine. Relax, and don't worry about the weather. It'll be fine!!

The last time we were in Jamaica it said rain on the forecast but it only ever rained late afternoon - you'll be fine mon

We went to CTI last June and it was forecast to rain every day. It rained a little bit on some days. I wouldn't change my travel plans just for rain...I think the rain is sexy :-) Just change your ACTIVITIES, not your vacation (wink wink).
    Socal and Sintown
    CN 6/2014
    CB 6/2013
    CTI 6/2012

Get out to the beach early - usually in the rainy season (when you are travelling) the rain doesn't roll in until early afternoon - we have had great trips during rainy season but are early risers. The ones who we saw not enjoy their trip were the ones who hit the beach after 12 and then it rained within an hour or two. Trust me while it rains more than warm enough to go in ocean, walk, or go back for some Couples time

Stop looking at the weather forecasts!! It always calls for rain at this time of year. And indeed it may rain daily, for a period of time. But you will get plenty of sunshine and fair weather while you are there. Online weather forecasts have long been a downer to folks nearing their travel dates and invariably they have a great time and come back raving about the great weather in spite of the forecasts. Don't you dare consider canceling because of the weather forecasts! Unless there is a hurricane bearing down on Jamaica you don't need to worry.

Go have a great time.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

No worries Tammy. We just returned from C.S.A. and they also said rain every day on the weather forcasts before we left. We had a wonderful 8 sunshine full days with one rain shower the last day of our trip and it only lasted one and a half hours and it was back to normal . DON'T WORRY. I have been there 6 times and never had more than one hour of rain

it is absolutely a good idea to still go. Liquid sunshine in jamaica is NO BIG DEAL!!

There is always a chance of rain, but does not always materialize. Usually an afternoon rain for a few minutes to a few hours, unless a storm system is passing by. Even then you will generally have a plethora of sunny skies and nice weather. Fear not, go and enjoy.
    Jack & Donna

We are here now. It rained a little yesterday, but nothing horrible. About a 30min shower and thunder, then it was actually a little cooler outside! No worries Mon!
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

Only you can decide whether to go or not.....it rains almost every day for a little while. It isn't rain it's "liquid sunshine". It's a good time to grab a drink at the swim up bar, a snack or even a nap. Hope you make a good decision and have a great time.

I am in the same boat! We will be honeymooning at CSA May 28 - June 2. Going off of everything I've read it seems as though there is almost always a chance, but it only amounts to an afternoon shower enough to cool off for the evening. I hope that's the case for both of us! The past two weeks have had about .15-.2 inches of rain every day, which I hope is just an afternoon spritz. Anybody with actual experience or has been in Jamaica the past few weeks?

You're going to get a lot of responses on this but here goes! I checked the weather before we went a few weeks ago... It called for rain for most of the week. It only rained once, about 15 minutes. Other than that it was sunny all day every day. Go and have fun! Don't worry about the weather.

Have you been before? This past trip was our only trip that we didn't have rain every day. I didn't look at the forcast but daily brief showers are common. This past trip rain was in the forcast daily and we only had one day and it lasted about an hour. Lay on the beach in a hammock, gather around the bar or take that time to enjoy you room!

thank you guys for all your replies. I feel a lot better now. my husband and I will be at CSA in less than a week