Default Best time of day for wedding at CSA?

What are your opinions on the best time of day for a wedding at CSA? They have 10, 11, 2 & 4 available. I'm leaning towards the 4 o'clock time to be able to go right into sunset photo ops and into the evening, however the fiance is leaning towards a morning time because "it always rains in the afternoon there". I did also read that the water is "bluer" in the morning hours, so makes for a great background for photos, etc. My other thought was at 4, the beach starts to clear out, so maybe less people wandering about? I'm thinking 2 o'clock would be too hot!

I realize there is a wedding board, but this one seems to get more view and more regulars who have been there, done it, saw it. Any thoughts comments or opinions would be appreciated.

I'm going to bump this back up - I think it got lost.

We got married at 3pm on Sat, Oct 2, 2004. It was the only time left on that day so we took it. If I had to do it again and had a few choices, I would take a morning slot (the 10am would be perfect). It was very hot and humid at 3pm but this was right after Hurricane Ivan came through so that might have influenced the temps.

I was wearing a light wedding dress and my hubby was in a suit. We were sweating bullets. But I wanted nice pics. LOL We also had to have our "reception" inside since it was threatening to rain. And it did rain a little before our ceremony and a little after as well. I saw a wedding around 10/11am the same day as ours. The weather was perfect!

The only real disappointment I had was that the wedding arches weren't available so we just stood out in the sand. They had been damaged by the Hurricane. :-(

Of course, all of this is JMO.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

I vote for 10 am. We got married in 04 and it was blessed with a gorgeous day. Still hot at 10 am , then we had the whole day to celebrate. If you'd like a few pics of our most recent trip in April, email me at saraclemons19@yahoo.com
    Some people have the morning wedding and then hire a photog for some sunset shots later. Good luck

I would do it as early as possible because it just gets hotter and hotter as the day goes on. Also, if you are getting married on the beach, it won't be as crowded at 10am. The 4pm time slot sounds good if you don't mind being hot. Good luck deciding and congrats!

We got married at 4:00 at CSA in August 2010. Yes, it was humid and hot. It rained buckets the entire hour and a half before the wedding, but cleared up at 330. All the staff at CSA ran to the beach, raked it and got the chairs and archway set up super quick and our wedding was only 15 minutes late. They did keep in touch with us about the weather predictions for the days leading to the wedding and we were flexible to change the time if needed. If it had kept raining we were going to have to move the wedding indoors...something I really wasn't willing to do!!!

Anyway....pros of AM wedding are less chance of rain and bluer water (honestly not a huge deal with photoshop these days!!!) the cons (which were huge for us) were getting up really early, feeling rushed and not having a day to relax and just get excited about being married in a few hours. It was super nice to wake up and spend the AM with my mom, MIL, future SIL and sister while my hubby hung out with his dad, future BILs and BF. We stayed away from each other (I went to the spa) and the anticipation was just enough for us to have a super climatic moment when we finally saw each other at 415

So I guess it depends on what month, the type of wedding you are having (guests?) and what your priorities are!!

We still have amazing pics, and it was nice to get married, dance a little on the beach, have a mini-reception and then jump right into dinner!!

Either way, it will be beautiful and I hope you end up like me and say "I wouldn't change a thing!!"

We renewed our vows at CSA at 11. For us it was a perfect time. My Brides maid and I had time to eat, get a 25 minutes message and get our hair done in the salon. Then after the vow exchage we all went to lunch. I wouldn't worry about the beach being crowded, everyone is very respectful of your space, you just get a few extra claps and well wishers as you walk away.

I'm getting married at 4pm at CSA on June 11th, 2013. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'd go for 10:00AM - that way you have the rest of the day to relax and enjoy wedded bliss! Plus it is just so much cooler at 10:00, and there are fewer people (and fewer drunk people) on the beach at that time (although Security does a good job of keeping "That Guy" away from the ceremony)....Have fun!! CSA is a GREAT place for a wedding!!!

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT BOOK AFTERNOON OR EVENING!!! We were just married on 4/20/13 at 10:00 a.m. There were FIVE weddings that day, and every single one but us was rained out. While there are no weather guarantees in Jamaica (especially during hurricane season), you can be almost certain it will NOT rain in the morning. Also, the later in the day, the hotter. We were melting at 10 a.m. Did I mention you don't want afternoon or evening? Congratulations!!

One more thing...the security guards block off about a 30' space from the sidewalk to the sea and guard during your entire ceremony, so no one is crossing behind or in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    One more thing...the security guards block off about a 30' space from the sidewalk to the sea and guard during your entire ceremony, so no one is crossing behind or in front of you.
    This must be new. Wasn't the case during our wedding back in 2004. But it's all good. I was so focused on my soon-to-be hubby, I didn't even see anyone else around us.... and that was our family!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Funny you say this...we were both pretty oblivious to our surroundings as well, but have seen dozens of weddings, and the security guards are visible in our photos