Thread: Which place?

Default Which place?

Hello,

I am wanting to take my wife to Couples, but cant decide on which location. They are all very beautiful. For a first timer, which place is recommended to see first?

Thanks.

The first thing you have to ask yourself is what you want to do. The included trips at the resorts are different.

Do you want a private setting(Ocho Rio) or a setting on a public beach (Negril)?

We like a private beach without all the locals, vendors, and jet skis, so we love CTI. It also have a private island for nude sun bathing. Everything is new and fresh at CTI from the remodel this year. This resort also has the most included trips of any of the resorts, and have a very friendly helping staff.
    Irie Mon

I was in the same place last year trying to book our trip. I looked at all sorts of AI resorts, and finally decided on Couples because of this web site. It gave me more information than any of the others. Then came, which one of these resorts did I want. I just kept looking at all the pictures, what was included, the rooms, the layout, etc. I was leaning towards CTI because I wanted the Catamaran Cruise, but it was closed for renovations during the time we wanted to go, so we went to CSS. The right choice for us. We loved it. The AN beach is perfect, the layout great, the food superb. When I booked this year, we again booked CSS. Why change when we knew we really loved it. We will be doing the "Trading Places" and visit CTI. The only thing I know I am missing at CSS over CTI that I would like to do is the Catamaran Cruise. I guess we'll have to do CTI at least once.

My point after rambling is just keep checking it out. One of them will call to you. The one you keep going back to is the one you will want. But, I don't believe that you can go wrong with any of them.
    Linda

hjsyndrome

You will undoubtedly get responses that will represent all 4 of Couples Resorts. My suggestion to you is to look at as many pictures as you can find of each resort and let the features speak out to you.

No matter which resort you select you will find happiness.

There is no right Couples resort to go to first. You've got to look at the resorts and decide which has the ammenities and excursions that satisfy your vacation desires. We have been to CSS in 2008 and CTI/CSS in 2009 and love the Ocho Rios side of the island. But, just to be fair, in 2010 we're going to CSA and CSS to check out the Negril side of Jamaica. CSS will always have a special place in our hearts as it's where we were married.

As you do your research and ask questions you'll find that one resort just reaches out to you. That is the right Couples resort for you to see first. Of the two that we've been to, CSS & CTI, CSS is larger, more lush and tropical with places on the resort to explore with your wife - not to mention lots of stairs. CTI is more of a high-rise resort right on the beach so there's less walking.

Here's a link to pictures of those resorts that we've taken to help you in making that decision: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimson/

Enjoy your stay at whichever Couples resort you choose!!!

Bart & Bug

Thanks for the responses. We have been married going on 12 years in January and we have never taken a honeymoon. So I think it is time do so. CTI or CSS has caught my eye the most, leaning more CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by hjsyndrome View Post
    Thanks for the responses. We have been married going on 12 years in January and we have never taken a honeymoon. So I think it is time do so. CTI or CSS has caught my eye the most, leaning more CTI.
    Then go to CTI! Do the trading places and spend a day at CSS. Just sign up for Romance Rewards (on this web site) before you go. It is included with the price of your room at CTI.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Then go to CTI! Do the trading places and spend a day at CSS. Just sign up for Romance Rewards (on this web site) before you go. It is included with the price of your room at CTI.
    If this is your first visit to a Couples resort you will not be able to do the "trading places" as this is a Romance Rewards perk for repeat visitors. But do sign up so you can use it on your next visit to a Couples resort.

Bart & Bug

CTI is the best!! IMO. We went there 4 years ago, and haven't been able to tear ourselves away since. You will love it. We are headed back for visit #5 in January.
    Kristen

If you go to CTI make sure you go on the Cat cruise, Dunns river falls trip and go horse back riding.

You will enjoy CTI.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    If this is your first visit to a Couples resort you will not be able to do the "trading places" as this is a Romance Rewards perk for repeat visitors. But do sign up so you can use it on your next visit to a Couples resort.

Bart & Bug
    Bart and Bug: All you need is a Romance Reward number to do trading places. This is the only perk on your first trip. The following was taken from the FAQ:

Here are the rules and conditions for the new Romance Rewards Trading Places:

1. Trading Places is restricted to Romance Rewards members only. Since it may take several days for new Romance Rewards member account to be activated, only Romance Rewards members who have an active account upon arrival at your resort are eligible.

hjsyndrome: Sign up today and you be able to check out CSS on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 9:45am to 4pm. Enjoy you trip!!!
    Irie Mon