Default Fine Dining at Casanova

While reading The Jamaica Gleaner this morning 5/30/13 as we do every day to 'stay in touch ' a Feature Story caught my attention
    "Elegance Meets Fine Dining". Our own Couples San Souci Casanova was featured along with beautiful pictures of Delicious dishes served and a great story. Congratulations San Souci and Chef Dwight Morris .

I am pleased to report that we shall be there in exactly seven days time. Sad that the lobster season is over though!

We're returning to CSS in November and looking forward to dining at Casanova again. Reading the article has raised a question....

In a recent message board post, a couple commented about the difficulty in getting reservations at Casanova during their stay at CSS. The article in the Gleaner indicates that anyone (i.e. people not staying at CSS) can make a reservation there. Is that true? If so, it seems unfair that CSS guests could potentially be unable to reserve a table at a chosen day and time because they've been reserved by "non-guests".

I completely understand that if there are empty tables it makes economic sense to open them to non-guests, but shouldn't paying guests at CSS have priority? I'm hoping my interpretation is wrong, but can anyone shed light on this?

Interesting. As Casanova was our least favorite place to eat. We only had dinner there once. Maybe it was an off night? Or just not to our taste? Didn't matter, really. We still had a fabulous time at CSS!
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013