Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bonethugs, waxing is not that painful... At least I don't think so. People make a WAY bigger deal of it than it is. You gotta find the right esthitician though. Make sure they use hard wax as opposed to soft wax. I've tried both, big difference!!!

I've shaved for years and found that on the last trip to CSS AN I shaved more often to look clean. I've started waxing and don't find it's a big deal so that's what I'll be doing for the next trip.

Shave it all clean. She will like it.
    Irie Mon

I'm seriously considering it... the wife gets waxed on occasion but hasn't in months because the last time the girl didn't do a good job and she ended up with a rash (it was the back up, her normal girl was out that day). She most definitely will get waxed before our next trip and I might do it with her this time.

Hard wax. OK, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by kcsiemens View Post
    Bonethugs, waxing is not that painful... At least I don't think so. People make a WAY bigger deal of it than it is. You gotta find the right esthitician though. Make sure they use hard wax as opposed to soft wax. I've tried both, big difference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelwithWife View Post
    Here's a review of a product you might want to think twice before using.

Amazon.com: A. Chappell's review of Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Creme 200ml
    I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face!! That was hilarious especially the brussel sprouts.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I've used Magic Shaving Powder for years and I recommend it. I get is at Walmart or Walgreens or CVS in the shaving section. I can always find the gold can and have no real irritation issues with it. I mix it to the consistency of thick pancake batter and my wife "paints" my man parts using a cheap 1/2" nylon bristle paint brush. Make sure to put it on thick. Use a generous amount. Mix more than you think you'll need the first time or you might not get a heavy enough application. I leave it on 7 minutes and rinse THOROUGHLY! I mean rinse it good for several minutes. I use a wash cloth or a lace scrubber to help. Smooth!

Lets be honest guys.....Going totally smooth just seems a bit unnatural, especially for us big hairy Italian guys. I'm too old to go "metro-guido" and shave down to no hair, but conscious enough to realize that the "hair-sweater" thing is just nasty at an AN beach. I havent been 'hairless' since the Second Grade!! I just use a good pro buzzer and a smaller trimming buzzer to take it all down to a neat, short hair look all over, while my wonderful wife buzzes the back to rear sections smooth. It takes a little time, a little creative blending and a steady hand in the sensitive areas, but it's only fair considering the excruciating pain of Brazilian waxing that my wife endures to stay well groomed. I guess it all depends on your body type and how YOU feel most comfortable. I'm 51, I work out regularly and stay pretty well groomed all year round, but putting the extra effort into my "Couples Crew Cut" once a year is worth it.

How I came to groom - I had never considered it until reading these boards prior to our trip 7 years ago, and also having to undergo a procedure which required at least partial shaving. So it all got shaved. It itched a little as it grew back in, otherwise no issues.
    Since we only go nude at CTI every couple of years, I ignored the area for quite a while. Then one day I was zipping my pants, and a few of the longer hairs got caught, startled me and made me wince. I have since paid attention, and groom at least monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    Thats funny. Some of the other reviews quite creative as well..
    While those are some of the funniest reviews that I have ever read, I have used several Veet products with great success. I have shaved in the past and using Veet is WAY easier. I have not used the Veet Hair Removal Gel for Men but I have used the Veet Fast Acting Gel Cream Sensitive Formula. I can attest to the fact that the instructions on the label are quite accurate. The directions say to leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off in the shower. If you do that, the results are great with no pain or redness what so ever. I of course being a guy thought that an extra 5-10 minutes must yield better results. While I did not have quite the experience that A. Chappell did, I was a little red and sore for a day or 2.

Nair for men works well. I started out using "Magic" but mixing it is a bit of a pain. The Magic hair removal seemed slightly more aggressive, with the Nair you just have to wait a minute longer. That being said, the stubble comes back pretty fast (which my better half doesn't like) so trimming will probably be our solution of choice.
    David and Pat

Shaving here, about ever two weeks. Take it slow and easy with a little shaving cream. Every now and then have an ingrown hair but never any bumps.

I tried shavin,but I am a little hairy on the chest and belly,i done the shavin where a speedo would cover...not sure if ill do it again

Shaving is ok short term but I noticed you can develop hard stubble over time.... Not to popular with the wife!!! Recently I tried a sugaring instead of a waxing and it was way less painful. It also eleviates the stubble issue.

Been using Veet for years, works perfectly.

Has anyone tried one of these electronic devises on the market(NoNo)?
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Personally I wax now as trying to maintain with a razor on holidays is more of a pain than the waxing. I do an entire wax and have for awhile. It's not as painful as you think and my wife likes the look.

Quote Originally Posted by mark527 View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these electronic devises on the market(NoNo)?
    I haven't used one but I did read several review and they were not kind to the NoNo. Apparently it makes a big difference with what kind of hair you have.
    I've been shaving for 15+ years and as long as you keep up with it it's pretty easy.

Another vote for Magic shaving powder. I use the blue stuff most often. It mixes easy and seems to do a real good job. I have disposable gloves I use to apply it back to front and it really does a good job. Some people may be a little more sensitive to it than others. Be prepared to rinse it off quickly if it starts to burn. I have used it quite often and only once did it burn. I had mixed in a little scented liquid to help with the smell of the blue and I am fairly certain that caused the discomfort. We aso use a silver can of Magic that has Aloe Vera and vitamin E in it. That does not mix as easily as the blue but when it does it works nice and doesn't smell nearly as bad. I have not noticed any difference afterwards between the 2.

I've always used an electric razor to trim but if you wanna go bald, I would recommend using an electric razor THEN using just a plastic gillette or venus razor with plenty of soap or shaving cream. Also, I've found that shaving left to right is less painful than shaving up and down. Plus, it gets it just as smooth

Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxfans View Post
    Did a search and didn't get much help, so going to ask. I know that pubic hair is a personal choice and nobody really cares what you grooming standards are. However, from a recent trip to the A/N beach we have noticed about as many guys go bare as there are bare women. So, as far as grooming for men, what is the most painless method to go bare? Waxing just sounds painful and shaving could get tricky in certain "terrain". Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

While this post is a bit old, I believe it will come up again.

One should never have to worry about what another thinks of one's grooming methods.

Remember that a few decades ago almost no one was bare down there and full bush was the order of the day and no one thought that it looked odd or dirty.

Our first visit to a nudist beach was to Sorobon Naturist Resort in Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles, in 1987; and everyone's pubic area was covered with bush at the time. That was norm. Some from that era want to go that way still and would not allow themselves to be bothered by the new grooming methods which see the removal of almost all hair.

We expect to be at CTI later this year and we shall be there in our natural states; complete with bush, which we prefer.

Last year when we arrived I was neatly trimmed but after a couple of days on SSB and (unintentionally ) noticing a number of males and loads of the woman were completely shaved I thought that looks fun and removed the lot that night in my room and found the experience quite liberating but it took my wife two days of sunbathing next to me before she even noticed. So this time round I have been joking she needs to do the same but (and this must be a woman thing!!!) she is happy to have her bikini line etc waxed in the beauty salon but no way will she let the female assistant go any further; being a gentleman I have offered to assist in removing the remainder at home for her but for some reason she says there is even less chance of me being let loose with a razor between her legs - spoilsport!!!!!! (maybe after a few Bob Marley's she may think differently ).

I have tried to go bare using just about every method available, and no matter what, the groin area will develop terrible razor burn. What I do now is I keep the jewels shaved with a razor and never have any irritation. I use a small clippers and trim the groin down to about 1/4 inch and trim again every couple of weeks.

I'm not a fan of body hair on either myself or the ladies, and don't like the hair on my belly, so I shave that about once a week with a regular razor.
    Doug & Rebecca
    Mankato, Minnesota

You can contact me through my website : RaynbowsRagdoll

Default works like magic

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdouglasb12 View Post
    I have tried to go bare using just about every method available, and no matter what, the groin area will develop terrible razor burn. What I do now is I keep the jewels shaved with a razor and never have any irritation. I use a small clippers and trim the groin down to about 1/4 inch and trim again every couple of weeks.

I'm not a fan of body hair on either myself or the ladies, and don't like the hair on my belly, so I shave that about once a week with a regular razor.
    my girlfriend told me to use hair conditioner when i shave, works like a charm, clean, smooth shave, conditioned skin and the best part, no red bumps or rash from bikini bottoms

I'm going to give Black Magic a shot this weekend... Ill report on results after... Unless something goes terribly wrong, in which cast I will post results after I stop crying...
    -Annaleis & Neil (It should be 2cats2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkanglesandprettyfreaks.com

I have been shaved clean (man region!) for over 25 years, back in those days I always got funny looks at the gym and when we went to A CO beach in Jamaica back in 1995. I have found the best way to avoid razor burn, red bumps, ect is to use a sharp razor, shave cream and to shave in the morning. I have shave three times a week, I found if I shave more often I do get a little razor burn. I did use a conditioner for a short period of time and it worked pretty good, but when I used the Black Magic once, left it on a little long and burned the crap out of the twig & berries! Follow the directions closely and I suggest if your are a guy to start your grooming method at least 6 weeks before you go to protect against "mis-haps"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast