Default Third time IS the charm at CSS!

Our fourth trip to Couples, third to Sans Souci. We stayed from June 1-8 2013.
    Any reservations we had about returning home, melted away as soon as we stepped off the bus. From the girls at the front desk who kindly gave us a room on the second floor after I accidentally asked for a specific room that was on the first floor (stupid me) and the bellman, Lemworth, who kindly took us back up to the office after I realized my mistake, to the guys putting our bags on the bus when we left. and everyone in between! Everything was great. Every evening Camoy at the beach bar would give me two cups of ice automatically! Seeing Maureen at the pallazina and the beach bar was awesome. She remembered us from last year and made us feel right at home. Ruth from the spa is highly recommended. I had a hot stone massage and the bamboo massage and i feel great. Ruth really knows her stuff. Dominique at the pool bar and Masell (he is at the pool and beach bar )were right on the ball and highly entertaining. Speaking of entertainment- Simone (fluffy) was fabulous! so much fun! And as an added bonus Milton was also working in entertainment as well! What a great kid! I hope he goes far with his future. Joel and Jerome at the veggie bar by the mineral pool were fantastic! and Marvin did a great job with the pool and jacuzzi. There are a lot of trainees here as well. I think they all did a great job! Vanya, Denae are so personable and work very hard, I apologize because I can't remember all the names of everyone ( I did remember them when I filled out our comment card! Sandy, our housekeeper did a great job with our room and Una always freshened up our room during turndown.
    Erol, landscaper, is very knowledgeable about keeping the grounds and staying green! ask him anything!

Couples Sans Souci has one of the best teams we have ever come across. They should be very proud of this resort and the greatness of the people who work there.

Our room was A16, we had a great view of the ocean and pool. The after party at the au naturel beach, we never heard them at all. The laughter at the pool bar was not intrusive at all. The beach party and the gala food lines were not an issue, we stood in line at the salad bar for a few minutes but the line moved well, as far as we were concerned.

Getting reservations was not an issue either. There were a few nights when I made last minute reservations at the Pallazina at 7pm. The Cassanova, however, I would make a reservation in the morning or the day before for 7pm. We find it hard to stay awake past 9:30 so prefer an earlier dinner. Room service was good, the only thing is I wish they would put the cheese platter back on the list. We did mostly late lunches and the club sandwiches and nacho's were excellent.

The repeaters dinner was held inside due to possible rain and it was lovely. The room was done up and everything was sit down and delicious! Sitting with Milton was a blast!

We are looking forward and planning our next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by keki60 View Post
    Getting reservations was not an issue either. There were a few nights when I made last minute reservations at the Pallazina at 7pm. The Cassanova, however, I would make a reservation in the morning or the day before for 7pm. We find it hard to stay awake past 9:30 so prefer an earlier dinner. Room service was good, the only thing is I wish they would put the cheese platter back on the list. We did mostly late lunches and the club sandwiches and nacho's were excellent.
    We, too, loved CSS. We went for the first time this past March. We had been to CSA and CN previously.

One of the few issues we had were.... reservations. I wish I had the good luck you did. Maybe because it was peak season and at full capacity? We scheduled pretty much everything the day we arrived (Saturday) and never got anything earlier than 8:30pm. I could understand if we were booking last minute but 5-6 days prior? We did change a reservation the day before one time. Still got the 8:30pm time slot. So for us, it didn't seem to matter if we booked many days in advance or just one day in advance. We still got the later time. We adjusted and went with it. To be honest, our favorite place to eat was the Beach Grill for lunch and then when it turned into the Bella Vista at night. We waited no more than 30 minutes or so for a table. So I got to eat at my normal 7pm/7:30pm time frame.

I had the nachos as a snack one day... but my tortilla chips were Doritos instead! Tasted very odd to me.
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013