Default Difference in Ocean View Rooms at CTI

Hello all, I am planning on vacationing at CTI 08/17-24. We are trying to get an idea of the difference between the premiere, superior, and deluxe ocean view rooms. I have read that only the superior and deluxe have balconies but the premiere has the best views minus a balcony. I cannot seem to find definitive answers nor can I find true differences between them.

I can't speak to whatever the highest end room is, but we've now stayed in both of the lower two. Well, OK, the rooms are all quite nice, and frankly about the same...
    Ah, just checked, we're in a Premiere Ocean this trip, so most likely our first trip was a Superior Ocean.

View wise, the Superior we had was building 4, by the swim up bar. Noise wasn't a problem, but the resort was kind of empty that trip. View-wise, we had a nice view of the ocean, with a couple palm trees between us and the view. Nothing to complain about though! I'll scrounge up the link to one of the pics from the room to give you an idea.

This trip, we went with the Premiere Ocean. We've got an unobstructed view of the ocean and Tower Isle. Otherwise, it's just as nice as our last room.

Both rooms have balconies, although the Premiere balcony is larger due to the shape of the room (longer, not deeper)

Really, you can't go wrong with any of the room classes, partly because you won't spend a lot of time in the room, and partly because I think all the rooms will have nice views!

Jason & Kathy

We had deluxe ocean view, third floor, Bldg. 4. It was perfect; island visible, several weddings in close view and lovely balcony where I could chill with a glass of wine and my kindle. Paradise anywhere at Couples.

As I understand it, Superior Rooms are in Block 5 and look out over the cove next door, Deluxe are in Blocks 1 and 4: those in Block 1 look out over the Jacuzzi and main swimming pool and have a side view of Tower Island, those in Block 4 look out over the new pool with the swim up bar, and over Tower Island. Premier are in blocks 2 and 3 and have views straight out to Tower Island. All rooms at CTI have balconies. Take a look at the "Map and 360 View" the room blocks are numbered so it will give you a good idea of the view.

Choose bldg 4 if you want a quieter area and higher floor. We loved out room 4412! Perfect location for us. Close enough for everything yet far enough for a quieter stay.

Premier rooms do have balconies, and they are slightly bigger. Premier is also more centrally located, but really Deluxe rooms in Bldg. 4 are just as nice.

We stayed in a Deluxe in building 4, on the 1st floor. It was up a little, with a balcony as well, not a walk-out to a patio. So we had a view over the pool to Tower Isle. It was nice. Nothing is that far from everything at CTI, but yet far enough we couldn't hear the entertainment at night... or maybe it was just over by the time we were back to our room I would just avoid building 5 Superior rooms if an unobstructed view to Tower Isle is important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
    Hello all, I am planning on vacationing at CTI 08/17-24. We are trying to get an idea of the difference between the premiere, superior, and deluxe ocean view rooms. I have read that only the superior and deluxe have balconies but the premiere has the best views minus a balcony. I cannot seem to find definitive answers nor can I find true differences between them.
    gupster88, we will be at CTI Aug 18 - 27th, same time as you. We booked the Premier Ocean View room with the understanding that the only difference is the location and view, but if Premier is a little bigger as someone posted, that's OK too. We wanted a room over the beach area with an unobstructed view of the Ocean. We did not want to be over either pool area due to the noise there may be but the Premier rooms in Bldg 2 are over the main pool, so we're going to request a room in Bldg 3 when we check in. Only the rooms closest to bldg 4, which I believe are the Deluxe rooms would be near the swim up bar. Noise may not even be an issue, but we wanted to play it safe. All do have balconies from what I've seen. Go to Oyster.com to see pics from the various room types, not pics taken by the resort photographers, but taken by Oyster reviewers to show what you would see, nothing faked or set up to look better than what you'd actually get. Difference in price between the lowest category Garden view and Premier isn't that much and I think well worth being able to have breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean, and hearing the waves all night. Superior and Deluxe may be almost the same with almost as good a view. Many prefer bldg 4 Superior or Deluxe rooms just to be a bit further from the center of the resort, and those may be quieter if their proximity to the swim up bar isn't too noisy. I guess we'll see when we get there! Hope to run into you during our stay!

Not all premier rooms are bigger. If you are in building 2, yes they are. But if you are in Building 3, they may or may not be larger. The only rooms with walk out patios are Garden Rooms on the bottom level, building 3.
    Vicky

We had 1st floor in building 4 last year which was a great location. My ONLY complaint was that you could not have any quiet time on your balcony before dinner because the swim up pool crowd were closing down the pool and could get quite loud. Not that big of an issue but if you like to sit on your deck for a few minutes before dinner when the sun was setting then you could get a bit of noise from the pool but the views from our room were awesome.

Does anyone know what the charge is for a room upgrade? My fiancée and I will be staying at CTI for a week on our honeymoon in march 2014 before going to CN for a week. We booked a superior ocean. Is it just the difference in price between the superior and premiere if we wanted to upgrade when we got there? We also have a $300 resort credit that we plan on using $170 for a private dinner on the beach and $50 do my fiancée can go night diving. That leaves us with $80 to spend. And I wouldn't use it for a massage because we should be getting a free couples massage because we will be on our honeymoon. So we have an extra $80 resort credit to use. Thanks for you help b

My experience is that if you want to upgrade, you are better off booking the room prior to arrival. I have no idea how the price is calculated, but my guess would be that it would be based on the current rate. So if you booked using a special and you upgrade when you get to the resort, it could be substantial. I have tried to upgrade just prior to going and there has been nothing available. You are traveling in March which is part of the peak season.
    Vicky

Thank you for your response We don't really need an upgrade we already have an ocean view. I just figured if the room was available when we got there and we had resort credit to use maybe we would use it for that. But I'm happy with the superior room so we will see what happens. Thanks for the input.