Hybrid View

Default With the Greatest Sadness - A Great Lady Passes

It is with the greatest regret and sadness that we write with the news of Sharon Battaglia’s passing. As some of you may know, our much beloved Mrs. B, wife of Couples Sans Souci's General Manager Pierre, has been bravely battling cancer for some time. Her health took a dramatic turn for the worse early this week and she was unable to recover her strength.

She passed on early this afternoon surrounded by her family and will be missed by every one of us who knew her. The family appreciates your continued support and prayers but would appreciate if you could resist the urge to reach out to them and instead give them an opportunity to grieve.

Couples Resorts

So sorry for your loss in the Couples family

I extend my deepest sympathies to the family. I did not have the opportunity to meet Mrs. B, but I will keep the family in my thoughts and prayers as they go through this difficult time. God Bless.

Dreadful, dreadful news. Our sincerest sympathy to Pierre and everyone at CSS. Are thoughts are with you all

Barry & Carole

United Kingdom

Very sad news, prayers are sent

Even though we never met Mrs B, we did have the honour of meeting and talking with Mr B. Behind every great man there is usually an even more wonderful woman loving, supporting and encouraging him is his endeavors. We knew this to be true because of the warmth, caring and attention Mr B continually gave and gives to each of his guests.

We are very sorry for your loss Mr Battaglia and our thoughts are with you at this time. We feel like part of the family and we grieve with you, sir.

We have seen Pierre almost every day on our previous visits to Couples Sans Souci and wondered why we didn't see him on our recent visit. I was afraid it was bad news... Our love and prayers for Pierre and the whole Couples family.
    Sue and Denny Hufstader

We met Pierre's wife last NYE's and she was so kind and wonderful to us! I send blessings to Pierre and his family! So sorry for your great loss!

To the Battaglia family, our deepest condolences for your loss. May peace be with you all.

We had the great pleasure to meet Mrs.B over the NYE holiday at CSS and she was a gracious and beautiful host. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Pierre and his family! One Love!

Our condolences to Pierre, his family and all in the Couples family.
    Larry & Sue
    Canada

We had the opportunity to meet Mrs. B on a few occasions and she was a lovely woman. We are very sorry to hear this news and extend our sympathies to Mr. B and his family.
    (Karen&Paul)

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Battaglia's. So sorry for your loss.

S/F
    Scott and June

Last October, during Hurricane Sandy, we had the honor of sitting with Mr. B. at the Repeaters Dinner. He shared his wonderful life story and spoke warmly of his wife and children. It was a side of him we were grateful to know. Days prior to that we saw the driven, dedicated Manager preparing us for the impending and destructive Sandy and what a terrific job he did keeping us safe. Pierre is a special man.

Our hearts are filled with sadness for Mr. B. and his family. We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Joe and Ginny Cormier

Such sad news. Thanks for letting us know. Peace and hugs to the family.

Our Prayers and Love go out to Pierre and the entire Battaglia Family. We will always remember the Beauty , Grace , Kindness and Dignity of The First Lady Of Couples Sans Souci .

Our thoughts and prayers are with Pierre and his family as well as our Couples Family. We never say goodbye...but see you again someday soon. Our love from Texas...

We want to extend our sympathy to a wonderful man, Pierre Battaglia.
    Heidi and I are so sorry for your loss.
    We know that words can never do anything to ease your pain but we will pray for you and your family to have peace and comfort in this time of sorrow.
    John and Heidi

Jenny and I are so sorry to hear this sad news. We didn't meet with Sharon but have had many a lovely conversation with Pierre. We shall be sure to say hello when we arrive at CSS, our Jamaica home, this coming Friday. So sad for the family.

Default Our grateful hearts remember

Had you met Sharon or spent any time with her, you would have been blessed and enriched by her spirit and love for her family, friends, Sans Souci and Jamaica.

Sharon shared many special gifts with us. She helped us experience and appreciate the real Jamaica through her eyes: special kind-hearted people, breathtaking land and countryside, natural roller coaster hills, turns, curves and valleys, the bluest swimming hole imaginable, and the flavours, tastes, scents and smells of all things Jamaican....and, her love and passion for orchids.

Our sincerest condolences to Pierre, Alex and Christian. We will truly miss her. Sharon will forever be remembered by us both.

We will feel her spirit and see Sharon's glow everytime we see an orchid.

With thanks and praise,

Evan Hanycz and Karen Shack, Toronto, Canada

Such a tragic turn of events. Sincere condolences to "Mr. B" and his extended family. We only met "Mrs. B" twice at Repeaters dinners this past November, but she made us feel very welcome and was the perfect hostess. It is a shame that she had to depart this earth early.

How sad, my condolences to her friends and family.

So very sorry, and we send our heartfelt condolences to Mr B.... we were blessed with spending time visiting with Pierre on each of our two visits to CSS every day of our trip. He is a very special man, and of course had a very special woman beside him. He would do anything for anybody, his heart is huge. We send much l0ve and sympathy.

Name:  9425.gif
Views: 158
Size:  184.2 KB

We want to extend our deepest sympathy to Mr Battaglia and his family. We were married at CSS and have visited often.