Thread: Secrets of CSS

Default Secrets of CSS

Yes, I totally stole this idea. However, it would be nice to hear from previous visitors to CSS regarding things you don't see on the website. Info relating to dives, snorkeling, coffee shop? DR falls trip, nightlife, spa treatments etc. Anything and everything CSS. I know there are a few threads relating to "nice to know" on a general sense, but let's talk CSS.

Thanks and see ya on the beach!

WiFi repeater is located at the Water sports hut, so placing yourself close to it will get you the best WiFi reception on the beach.

The Parrot (not the Macaw) is named Cracker and is very tame. If you go see him often enough, he will eventually let you pet him. Likes being rubbing behind his neck.

There are bicycles available behind the rooms at the end of A block, by the pond.

Each bartender tends to have a specialty drink that they have concocted. Ask for their specialty and you'll get to try some really good new drinks.

S/F
    Scott and June

Sipping some sparkly on your balcony at sunset with the love of your life!

We discovered that if you take your left over bread from breakfast down to the pond, the wildlife there loves you, and it is the coolest thing. There are turtles to feed that come up, plus seagulls that fly in, and also a few geese that walk around politely begging for some crumbs, one is even blind but follows the smells/sounds of his buddy. We LOVED doing this every morning... just was so relaxing and mind clearing..

We also loved laying out on the sand down from the gym by the spa... we were the only ones there every afternoon and we enjoyed the quiet and solitude.

Don't forget to go DOWN STAIRS at the gift shop up at the front of the resort. I found two beautiful maxi dresses down stairs as well as a nice tote/beach bag. As soon as you go in the gift shop, go left and go down the stairs for the best shopping.

CSS is our Home. We have trip #7 planned for July 2013. We love the staff and the ambiance!!!!! Our favorite place is SSB where there are no judgements only good times in the sun! We love CSS!!!!

-If you are in E, F, or G blocks (or need to head to the lobby/gift shop/Casanova/spa/etc), call the bell desk and they will send a shuttle van to give you a ride.
    -The couples 50 min massage costs $210. Add a whole body scrub for both, and save $10. They have a $99 special (per person) that has a 50 min massage and 10 min body scrub....go figure?!?!?
    -The Beach grill opens back up (with a reduced menu) at 11pm when room service ends and goes until just before breakfast.
    -Private dinners can be arranged at SSB, the main beach, the wedding gazebo, and the spa gazebo. Ask for the price list, and you can have any of the different levels of service at any of the locations.
    -If you have ANY medical conditions (or family history of them) get a doctor's note before leaving the US if you want to do the resort scuba course.
    -Pina Coladas with a rum cream float are DELICIOUS!
    -Veronique & Anthony (aka Tony the Tiger) are two of the best bartenders we've met! (you'll have to spend time at SSB to find out).
    -Haggle with the vendors when they come to the resort!

I'm sure I'll think of more....
    CSS 5/21-5/31/13

The nature side of CSS is my favorite secret... From taking a dip into the Grotto with the fish (and crayfish!), to a kayak around the mangroves to the winding stairs under the canopy past the spa to get back to G block, there is always something to discover at Sans Souci! I was debating if we wanted to plan a trip next February since we're hoping I might not be drinking alcoholic beverages by then, but it is the relaxing feel of CSS that says go ahead and come home!

And if you want to check out the A/N beach without a lot of company, go EARLY, like before breakfast for an almost private beach experience. During the sunset hour, you can check out the hermit crabs on the beach with your textiles on.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CSS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CN 2012
    CTI 2013

Awesome info! Thanks to those who replied. Suzy, we are very much looking fwd to SSB, well the whole thing really, but SSB was the main draw for us. I have read some great posts on room selection and dining. Not found any info on nightlife to speak of. Not that we are "partiers" but nice to know what goes on after the sun goes down. Bags are packed now just have to get through this week!

FLgypsies - You are in for one fantastic holiday!! When will you be at CSS?

We are booked in April for our 8th trip - we love everything about this resort!! We have lots of information about CSS and SSB in a "prepared" e-mail, far more than what we could post on the message board. If you are interested, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca and we'll send it along to you, along with some pictures from some of our trips.
    (Karen&Paul)

My favorite thing I did at CSS was one afternoon when I walked the entire resort. Took a dip in all of the pools, a soak in all of the hot tubs, and got a drink from each of the bars in the process. It was a really fun way to spend a few hours in the afternoon.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We arrive next week for 8 days. VaCouple we enjoyed your detailed posts on the other board. Not crazy about people being able to reserve loungers for hours on end, but I will be diving most mornings and my wife will be taking pictures and writing, so hopefully they will open up after lunch. Definitely hitting SSB pool after dark, we love swimming at night.

The best keep secrets of CSS are the friends that you havent meet yet. We have been there twice and have meet friends from all over the world that we still keep in touch with.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014