Thread: Rick's Cafe

Default Rick's Cafe

Does anyone know if Rick's Cafe is one of the activities the resort will provide a shuttle for? Or would we have to get a taxi? (We'll be at CN)

btw, Rick's Cafe is the cliff jumping place/bar, for anyone who hasnt heard about it yet. check it out on you tube. it looks AWESOME!

The resort no longer provides a free shuttle to Rick's, but they will get you a cab that you pay for.
    Last edited by dank120; June 5th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

CN offers an excursion to Rick's every day from about 4pm to 7pm for $15 per person.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

There is a shuttle from CN, we took it last year. I don't remember if there is a fee, for some reason I remember $10/person. While it was cool, we probably won't be doing it again this year. It gets really crowded as it get closer to sunset, and then the shuttle leaves shortly after that. My suggestion is to try to go on the Cat Cruise before you'd go to Rick's and then decide from there.

I preferred the One Love Bus tour over Rick's Café as I enjoy taking in a few local establishments over the typical touristy (and quite over priced) venues.

Kat

aaaand question #2: what is the deal with parasailing? ive seen some pictures of folks doing it but its not listed on the page of activities/inclusions. I'm assuming its like jet skis; there will be vendors out on the beach or something?

The taxi is 15 dollars pp round trip. Its a cool place but very touristy and pricey. Bring small bills or you will get Jamaican money back.

Quote Originally Posted by rum&sunshine View Post
    aaaand question #2: what is the deal with parasailing? ive seen some pictures of folks doing it but its not listed on the page of activities/inclusions. I'm assuming its like jet skis; there will be vendors out on the beach or something?
    Parasailing is not set up through the tour desk. Just walk out to the edge of the swim area or down by the north end of the beach and you will find someone for sure.

We did the shuttle. I think it was around $15 or $20 a person. I don't think it was worth it. The locals jumping off the cliffs is cool to see, but otherwise it is pretty much a bar on a hill, plus you have to pay for your drinks, while they are free at the resort. I agree with someone who said take the catamaran trip, it goes past Ricks and you will be able to see the divers and the bar.

You are correct, it is beach a beach vendor, and at least in Negril the same vendor handles Jet Ski and Parasailing. Don't remember his name.

mattfahey,

does the cat cruise stop in at Ricks? we did the cat cruise at CTI last year and id love to do it again. i mean, we can do both right?!

With regards to the parasailing, yes, there are guys that walk down the beach all day, every day advertising jet ski and parasailing rides. We were just there less than a month ago and it was around $60 per person. Hope that helps!

mattfahey,

does the cat cruise stop in at Ricks? we did the cat cruise at CTI last year and id love to do it again. i mean, we can do both right?!
    The cat cruise stops at Pirate's Cave, which is just before you get to Rick's. There is a bar above called Pushcart, where the Sunset Bar Shuttle goes. The cat cruise at CN is awesome, because the boat cruises down the entire length of Long Bay, down to Pirate's Cave. Once you get there, the boat anchors, and you can swim thru the cave, which is shallow enough to stand up in. This is always one of the highlights of our trip. Even though we ride the dive boat out twice a day, this is fun, because it's just a fun mini-cruise with plenty of rum punch and Red Stripe. Enjoy!

Rumandsunshine, yes, the cat cruise usually stops at ricks just for a few minutes to take in the scenery. You don't get off the boat.

thanks for all the tips you guys! very helpful!

mattfahey,

No, the CN cat cruise does not go as far as Rick's Café. Some people will tell you it does, but in 6 trips to CN since 2006 it never has.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

mattfahey,

The cat cruise does not stop at Rick's where you can get off and visit Ricks, but i believe it does go past it, or very close.

And yes, you certain can do both!!!

thank you all for the tips on the cat cruise/ricks cafe stop. definitely some good info to keep in mind!