Default Romance Rewards...only for repeat guests?

Is Romance Rewards only for repeat guests? I was a little unsure after reading about it on the Couples site. We are taking our first trip to a Couples resort this summer...staying 7 nights. I wasn't sure if it was something I should sign up for if we should/would need to wait until our next trip (already planning to go back!). Also curious, how does the program work? Thanks!

Sign up now. You'll get to use the trading places on your first trip. After that the rewards are based on the number of nights you've stayed on previous trips.

S/F
    Scott and June

Sign up for sure, but remember, your current stay doesn't count until after it's completed. You do, however, get to take advantage of the Trading Places program one day, where you get to visit the other Couples Resort in the area. It's best to sign up right now, and be done with it. It's a great program.

First Love [0-5 Nights Previously Stayed]

-Trading Places Pass for one day / exchange (10am- 4pm) with a Couples Resort in the same town, subject to availability, reservation required 24 hours in advance. (10am- 4pm)
    -Invitation to the Repeat Guests Dinner on all your repeat visits.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013

For the most part, yes, the Romance Rewards is for repeat guests. You must have "x" number of nights under your belt to "earn" the different levels of rewards.

The one exception to this is the "Trading Places" program. Any Romance Reward member, regardless of nights accumulated, may visit the other resort that is located in the same town as their "home" resort for one day during their stay. If we do the Trading Places thing, we treat it as an excursion. Each resort has a different flavor with ths same Couples service. We enjoy it.

I assume you have already found this, but here is a link to the Romance rewards page. It includes a description of the "Trading Places" program.

Romance Rewards Levels & Login for Couples Resorts

In my opinion, it is worth it to sign up. There is no cost and you receive a quarterly e-mail newsletter to keep up on all things Couples. Then, if you become a repeater (and many do), you will already be set to begin collecting on some perks.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

You begin to accumulate rewards after your first stay. Most of us are repeaters because after you experience Couples, you'll inevitably schedule return visit(s).
    Socal and Sintown
    CN 6/2014
    CB 6/2013
    CTI 6/2012

Yes, repeaters only. Definately sign up before you go. While you won't get any of the rewards your first trip, you will be able to do the Day-Away to the nieghbouring resort if you want.

Definitely sign up ahead of your first trip. By doing this, you will be able to count this trip toward your repeaters perks, as well as take advantage of the perks available to first timers. The only perks for your first visit are the ability to do a pre-checkin (this allows you to customize how your minibar is stocked upon arrival, as well as let the staff know of any special occasions while you are there), and trading places. With trading places, you can visit the other resort on the same side of the island as you for a day, staying there for lunch, and possibly breakfast, depending on how soon you get there. Usually, you are there from about 10-4, and its a nice way to experience another resort, to get an idea for your future trips.

When you stay at Couples, the nights stayed go toward your romance rewards, and then when you return, you get perks/gifts/credits/invitations based on the number of previous nights stayed. Just make sure that you give the resort your romance rewards number, so they can add the nights to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Is Romance Rewards only for repeat guests? I was a little unsure after reading about it on the Couples site. We are taking our first trip to a Couples resort this summer...staying 7 nights. I wasn't sure if it was something I should sign up for if we should/would need to wait until our next trip (already planning to go back!). Also curious, how does the program work? Thanks!
    Sign up now! it is for repeat guest BUT you have to sign up before your trip to get the credit for your stay.. I didnt realize this when we went last time. I thought it was automatically credited to you.. WRONG..

On your first trip you will get a trading places, but you will also get credit for your first stay so you can get rewards for your next. Definetely sign up.

Sign up now. Your only benefit will be the opportunity to go to CN one day from 10 am to 4 pm but you also get to put this trip in your rewards "bank" for your next trip. Just do it...!

Sign up in advance of your trip. You are entitled to the Trading Places if you resgister.

Romance Rewards are for everyone. It's easy to sign up and even for newbies, you get some perks (like trading places program with the sister property). You will then earn points for your stay which, if you decide to return to Couples, will qualify your for some freebies (they vary depending on the number of nights you have stayed).

Absolutely sign up now. On your first trip, the only reward you will get,(besides a great vaca) is you can try the Trading Places perk. That allows you to visit the sister resort in the same town from 10am-4pm. transfer included although you should tip the driver a few bucks. Its available m-w-f so sign up early, its only available to 10 couples per day.
    On your future visits you will earn resort credits, sparkling wine, tshirts, massage oils, things like that that you'll be able to choose depending in your level and amount of nights stayed. Your nights expire after 4 years so it entices you to keep returning to stay at the top level. Very nice program imo. We had 150 dollars to spend and we chose tshirts . We also had another 300 to spend for booking early. We did alot of gift shopping, photos, even some on laundry service. You can spend your credits on spa treatments, private beach dinners, phone calls home, upgraded wines, night snorkeling I think, lots of things. Have a great trip!

Yes sign up! We did before we went or our first visit! Did pre check in,req and mini bar choices! Plus you then can do a day trade with the other resort if you like!

Sign up it's free and when you return you will be eligible to do the resort trade where you go to the other resort in the area for a day and check it out. I think there are more details on their web site about how it works.

If you go to main page and scroll to the bottom there is a link that says Romance Rewards and the program is outlined there. Since it is free you can't go wrong with using it. Only stipulation I saw was checking in online at least three days of your arrival date. We did it the first trip and just booked the second and we will receive a $100 resort credit.

Great, thank you!! I will sign up soon!!

Hi. I have a question. My fiancee and I will be on our honeymoon in march and staying at CTI for one week and then CN for one week. I have already signed up for the romance rewards program. So does that mean that we can trade places and stay at CSS when we are in ocho rios and CSA when we are in negril? Also, about how long is the ride from one place to the other? Thanks in advance.

Obviously I mean visit for the day, not stay at like for the night. Lol. Didn't want to confuse anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy737 View Post
    Hi. I have a question. My fiancee and I will be on our honeymoon in march and staying at CTI for one week and then CN for one week. I have already signed up for the romance rewards program. So does that mean that we can trade places and stay at CSS when we are in ocho rios and CSA when we are in negril? Also, about how long is the ride from one place to the other? Thanks in advance.
    You can do Trading Places at both resorts, but it's not a "stay", per se. It's a day pass to go there from 10a-4p. You can enjoy all of the food, drink, facilities and non-reservation activities (e.g. no scuba, cat cruise, or anything you sign up for in advance). The resorts in both places are about 2 1/2 miles apart from each other.

As a pre-emptive answer to an often-asked question, when you get to CN, even though you were just at CTI for a week, you will still be at the "First Love" level. The stays won't register to your account until after you return.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013