Default Third trip thoughts

We are back from our third trip to CSA and have now spent 19 days in tropical paradise. Here's a fewobservations from last week's visit. Our other two were the last week in March 2012 & 2011.
    1st - CSA brides are beautiful and their weddings bring a wonderful spirit to the beach and resort.
    2nd - 12 days in March = 12 sunsets; 7 days last week = 0 sunsets. The afternoon clouds weren't unwelcome and kept us from getting too much sun - which was much more intense than in the past. The afternoon rain showers (3) were perfect for taking a nap, perfect.
    3rd - Building 27 with Atrium Suites is the best - Atrium style room with great beach access, sounds and view. There's not enough time in the day to be in the hammock.
    4th - The May/June crowd was definitely younger and at times we (ages 63 & 64) felt that we were chaperoning a sorority/fraternity outing which was not really a problem it just changed the "vibe" of the beach, entertainment venues and especially the cat cruise. Dresses are back which made the ladies resort appropriate, graceful and sophisticated but why they go out in public a with guy who seem to need the security of cargoes and a cheap undershirt - 'cuz they don't shop were Simon Cowell and Adam Levine do . It's a bad look anywhere but especially in Jamaica. The absolute worst look of all came on "Jamaica" night when some guy showed up in cam cargoes, a Bass pro Shop t-shirt and a Packers hat, wearing - I kid you not - work boots.
    5th - There were lots of non-couples couples as in: The 12 of us are friends, school is out, we can pretend to be couples and then hang out, let's go to Jamaica because "There's a party and that's what we do". Really ? That's what you do ? We are old. Seriously, I think this is an area where the Couples brand is in jeopardy.
    6th - The staff is still the best and a big part of why CSA is such a beautiful place. Service was a bit uneven at times but it was hot and humid, the resort was not full by any means which meant some energy was missing and as one staffer told me - March is the best month for flowers, guests and our energy.
    7th - If you don't go sit with Daddy Coo and hear about Rasta life, natural medicines, the power of plants, Jamaican life and Bob Marley you will have missed out on a spiritual experience. Wise does not come close to describing this man.
    8th - A couples aromatherapy massage followed by some time in the relaxation pool is heavenly - much more so than free alcohol in your mini-bar.
    9th - Jimmy the "Bead Mastah" has a wonderful spirit, Raymond the t-shirt artist is kind and creative, and Nigel will show you how to make a beautiful basket and laugh at the same time. These three are the constant thread of our trips to CSA and I think of them often. They love their simple lives far more than our friends who seem to have so much more.
    10th - Suddenly phones have appeared - staff with phones, drivers with phones and unfortunately male guests sitting at dinner with a beautiful woman in a perfect dress but not noticing because they are searching their messages and never looking up.
    11th - first timers: the ride to and from the resort is as "thrilling" the 6th time as it was the first.
    12th - We love this place.

ya mon, bob and judy, being of about the same age but haven gone to csa a lot more times than you guys i do applaude your post, the marketing of the couples brand is very good at trying to keep the hotel full but at what cost to the vibe that we have grown and love, we are seeing the younger generation, how they vacation and of course their values of life, i find mine to be of a simplier sort, especially while on holiday, i dont think we can change it , but only to cope with it the best we can, i have found no other place in the world i would rather be than at swept away, i just hope it doesnt get ruined, onelOve

Good perspective, Bob and Judy!
    #5 Worries me a bit. We are close to your age and the spring break atmosphere is of some concern.
    #4 We love to dress for dinner. Brings back memories of our dating days. Some "people" just don't get it. Go stay at a Holiday Inn in Cancun if you prefer not to dress appropriately at Couples.
    #6 Staff is the best! Hard workers, all of them!
    #10 Maybe Couples needs a "No Phones" in the dining areas policy.
    #12 We also love this place and are returning in 52 days for trip #3! Woo Hoo!
    Thank you for your keen perspective...and for getting us more excited!

Loved this review. I am going to have to remember too look up Daddy Coo, sounds like my type of conversation.

Thanks for that, nice reading. And I agree with much of what you said. My wife loves to dress up for dinner and evening activities at CSA. I don't go overboard but I always wear a nice pair of shorts (NO CARGOS) and even if I wear a tee-shirt it is color coordinated (my wife insists), no printing, not worn out and fits me well. Shoes are top siders or nice leather sandals. It is not hard for men to dress with a bit of class and still be very comfortable and show some respect to your lady and others. We are at CSA for trip number 8 in about a week.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Hey Bob&Judy - thanks for sharing your thoughts. I always pack lots of summery dresses when we go to CSA - so much cooler and easier than tops and shorts. I think other ladies have caught on!

I had to laugh about your comment about the phones. We recently stayed for a few nights at a bed & breakfast in Key West. At breakfast, the hostess informed us that the couple sitting at the table next to us had gotten married that morning on the beach. We congratulated them and wished them well. We noticed, though, that after a few moments both the bride and groom were busily absorbed with their respective cell phones. Here we were sitting on a beautiful patio facing the Atlantic, and they're looking at their phones. I mentioned this to Bob, and he said, "they're probably texting each other." This was not a young couple, either. I am constantly amazed at how people ignore their companions in restaurants during meals to focus on their electronic devices.

BobandJudy - I feel I have to apologize for the guy you described in #4. I am from Green Bay, Wisconsin and unfortunately what he wore to the Jamaica night is standard gear for a lot of men here - church, weddings, funerals, etc. I could completely picture your description, because work boots here are "dress shoes" for some men.

I assure that not ALL Wisconsin men dress this way and my husband won't when we arrive in 24 days! Thanks for the laugh about the "attire."

Who is Daddy Coo? CSA guy or at a local place?

Them internets is amazin'! Answered my own question:

Daddy Coo...the alternative tour - Negril - IgoUgo - britgirl7

Awesome review!!!

#10 we were guilty of bringing the iPad to breakfast only to send am shots of the beach to family back home. Our Internet service wasn't the greatest in our room. Our phones were shut off from Atlanta until we got back there.
    #6 agreed! One of my favorite things about the resort
    #12 being first timers as of last April 2013. We love it too!

[QUOTE=bob&judy;216474]
    7th - If you don't go sit with Daddy Coo and hear about Rasta life, natural medicines, the power of plants, Jamaican life and Bob Marley you will have missed out on a spiritual experience. Wise does not come close to describing this man.

Who and where is Daddy Coo?
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

I couldn't agree with #4 (the "vibe" part) and #5 more. This was our 4th trip to CSA, but our first time at the end of May. I am 36 and my husband is 40. We will never go back at that time of year again. We have always gone around Easter; the staff seems friendlier, the resort is more relaxed and more couple oriented (which is why we fell in love with it!), not wedding parties and groups of friends all hanging out (single or not). There always seemed to be a large group everywhere we went.