Thread: CTI or CSS

Default CTI or CSS

My fiancée and I are planning to visit Jamaica next summer but are debating between CTI and CSS. I'm 27 and he is 36; we are looking for a romantic setting but yet fun. Please advise.

Cti

CSS is more romantic. ONly visited CTI and too us it just didnt compare to CSS.
    CSS OCT 2009
    CSS OCT 2011
    CSS OCT 2014

We love CTI we go every April and it is very romantic

Thank you for your advice. I may consider CTI.

Based on the reviews CSS is more romantic; however, i'm wary about their rooms as I've seen many negative reviews in this area. Please advise

We have been to both, we really liked CSS after going to Negril for years and years. We had a beachfront room in block "B". We loved our room and SSB was really nice.

Visited CTI last year, and we really liked CTI, going back to CTI again this year

Quote Originally Posted by claudiavidal View Post
    Based on the reviews CSS is more romantic; however, i'm wary about their rooms as I've seen many negative reviews in this area. Please advise
    Those that compalin about the rooms I imagine to be picky and have a hard time having fun. We stay in a beach front suite at CSS and in my opinion, the rooms are VERY nice, clean and comfortable. The beds are fantastic. There are only a few good reasons to stay in the room and you must remember to enjoy the beauty of CSS. There are walking paths, hidden hot tubs, hammocks and beautifully groomed flowers and shrubs and views that are breathtaking. Now, to be fair, I have never stayed at CTI, but I find CSS to be very clean, comfortable, relaxing and romantic. Headed back to CSS in October.

Have stayed at three: CTI, CSS & CN. Visited CSA twice for lunch. All four are fantastic but for our personal preferences CTI is our favorite. In July we will make our 78 trip to CTI.

CSS has our hearts! We went last year and are going back for my 30th. It was very very romantic not a party scene but plenty of fun to be had! We are from the west coast and it seemed everyone went to bed semi early (to us!) and there would be nights we could take walks on the beach all alone or hang out with the bartenders! We love it there!

Hubby and I went to CTI this year for the first time and LOVED it! You can go visit CSS and see what you think. I have heard from friends that did the day visit to CSS that there is a lot of walking, but I hear that it is beautiful. We are debating trying CSS next time, but we REALLY liked CTI so we may just do the trading places for a day just to check it out!

We have stayed at CTI twice and we loved it!!! Everything is RIGHT ON THE BEACH......it's small and has very hip hotel kinda vibe. We did a day trip to CSS and we were enchanted by its beauty, so lush, and a suprise around every corner, so we decided to try staying there this year. ( we are booked for Sept. yay!!). Everyone has their preference, but I'm sure you'll be pleased with either resort. They are right down the street from each other, but worlds apart....

Default CSS vs CTI

My wife and I just returned from CSS, and although we have not been to CTI we spoke to quite a few who had. To summarize what I know, CTI caters to a bit younger crowd, although we saw plenty of young people at CSS. Apparently the beach is small at CTI and the hotel is only hotel rooms, not suites. If you like the AN experience it appears CSS has CTI beat on that front. SSB is wonderful, private, plenty of room on the beach, pool, swim up bar and nice lunch brought over. The island at CTI is supposed to be nice, but can be windy as it is out in the ocean unprotected by land, and there is really no beach there.

Stayed a t all four Couples Jamaica properties. CTI without a doubt is the best and has the best staff of all of them.

Just got back fm CSS, staying in the beachfront. We were in A6 and while I wasn't crazy abt ground floor it was awesome. The property is phenomenal, the staff incredible and if you partake in the AN then you can't beat CSS. We didn't stay at TI and I know some love it, but it looked like a cramped hotel vs the lush resort of SS, the island was cool but not like the beach plus it closes at 5. You can use SSB all day and we even went over at night, plus you can get a bartender for a nominal fee fm 9-11. Our room was big, comfortable and clean plus we loved being able to walk right out to the pool/beach and Bella Vista.
    We have already booked SS for next yr

Quote Originally Posted by claudiavidal View Post
    My fiancée and I are planning to visit Jamaica next summer but are debating between CTI and CSS. I'm 27 and he is 36; we are looking for a romantic setting but yet fun. Please advise.
    We have been to CTI twice and CN 3 times. CTI is great! I have bad knees and have heard the CSS has alot of steps, so we have never tried it. We are going to try CB in Nov. I do not believe you can go wrong with any Couples. CTI seems a little older crowd than the Negril's CN or CSA. If you guys are in to Au Naturel CTI has there on Nude Island. We have always had a great time. The service is second to none.

We were at CTI in early June and I must say that it seemed my 47 years put me in the upper range of guest. That being said it didn't make one bit of difference. CTI was great! The food was awesome, beverages first rate, island incredible. The resort does sit on the beach so you don't have far to go for anything. The only down side was that the island closes at 5 and there is no AN option after that.
    Next time we go we might have to try the day pass to CSS to check it out cause it does sound interesting but it'll have to do a lot to sway me from CTI.

We have also been to the 4 Jamaica resorts and our favorite is CN followed very closely by CSS. So in our opinion, there is some doubt about CTI being the best! CSA is a close third, with CTI fourth. You can't go wrong with any Couples resort and there are a lot of people who love one or the other so "best" is a very subjective term. We have had wonderful experiences with the staff at each resort. We think that CSS is the most romantic and has the most beautiful grounds and we had a really fun time there in May and we plan to do the same at CN in Sept!