Default And the Winner is...

A huge thanks to everyone who participated in our Couples Barbados Restaurant Naming Contest. 11,574 votes were cast and the results could not have been any closer. While there really can only be one winner, I am pleased to advise that we will be awarding a 4 Day/3 Night stay to each of the four runners-up, based on the time stamp of your entry.

Congratulations to Paul R., NJ. His entry “Yes Please” has been selected as the winner. “Yes Please” is said in Barbados almost like “Ya Mon” is said in Jamaica.

Thank you again and come home to Couples Barbados SOON! Yes Please!

The four runners up will be notified via email. Based on the timestamp of their entry They are Dennis G for Olive Blossom, Jessica S for L'attitude 13, Marissa H for Tamarind and Lisanne S for Baobab

Couples Resorts

First, CONGRATS to the winner!

Second, I am actually surprised "Yes Please" won. I personally thought it was the LAST name that would win, and so did everyone else I talked to and showed the contest to. It also seemed that way from the numerous comments on Facebook saying they thought "Olive Blossom" and "Baobab" were the best names. I thought for sure one of those would be selected! Hmm... re-vote? Just kidding...

Anyways, congrats to the winner again, and hopefully I will be able to check out Barbados sooner than later!

What a great name! Congratulations to Paul R. and the runners-up.

Well that is awesome for the other finalists too!
    Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    A huge thanks to everyone who participated in our Couples Barbados Restaurant Naming Contest. 11,574 votes were cast and the results could not have been any closer. While there really can only be one winner, I am pleased to advise that we will be awarding a 4 Day/3 Night stay to each of the four runners-up, based on the time stamp of your entry.

Congratulations to Paul R., NJ. His entry “Yes Please” has been selected as the winner. “Yes Please” is said in Barbados almost like “Ya Mon” is said in Jamaica.

Thank you again and come home to Couples Barbados SOON! Yes Please!

When will we know who the runner ups are?

Congrats to Paul and the runners-up!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Have to agree with Kcroc16 I was surprised it won but we'll be eating there in December when we visit Couples Barbados.
    Last edited by Jim&Rita; June 10th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! Thank you Randymon for offering a "little something" to the runner-ups! I just called my DH and I'm still shaking and smiling so much my jaw hurts. This is just so amazing! Thank you again. We love Couples!!

Not that I had any real expectations of winning but I am disappointed a little (not my resort...not my choice) by the name. Names like "No Problem", "Ya Mon" (Jamaican) or "No Pressure No Problem" (St Lucia), or "Yes Please" (Barbados) are good if the restaurant is located outside the island that the menu reflects. That way people know what foods to expect when they are planning a dinner there. When the restaurant is already on the island you just assume it has local foods available. Then you are trying to not sell a type of food as much as a mood or image. We may see this contest back in a few years when management gets more feedback and rethink this.

Congrats to the winner and runner ups! It was a fun contest. I too was surprised by the winner. I knew my entry was a longshot, But I thought it was a good one "Uturi" is the name of a rainforest.

I agree. Very happy for the winners but not the name I thought would win. :-)
    Linda & Nick
    CSA - Oct 2004 (for our wedding!!!)
    CN - March 2006, Nov 2013
    CSS - March 2013

Congratulations to the winner. I put a name in and sure it didn't win but I can't wait to enjoy a meal in the restraunt named by the winner of the contest. I love my CN and CSA but hope to get to Barbados next year.
    Sorry but the name of a restraunt doesn't matter to me it is the quality of food served. A few years down the road that is what will matter and not the name.