Default What time do the pools close?

What time do the pools close at CSA? I had read some other sites that said the pools close between 6-7pm but just read a review that night swimming is allowed. Does anyone know? Thanks!

They don't close unless they are being cleaned. Just be respectful at night.

Great question! I'd like to know the same for CTI too. Some of the posts make it seem as if the swim up pool bar closes around 6:00 pm, but we also like to swim later at night and are always annoyed when we go somewhere that the pools close early. Does anyone know if there are hours on any of the pools or hot tubs when you can't use them?

I think you can use the pools & hot tubs anytime of the day or night except first thing in the morning when they're being cleaned & the guy puts a sign out while he's working .... At least from what I've seen at CN. I personally wish that the main pool & hot tubs at CN would close for a few hours during dinner time because it can be disruptive to have people splashing & being loud in the hot tubs & running around between them & the bars in wet swimwear getting drinks while you're trying to enjoy a relaxing evening & the resort is looking so elegant. They could use the pool & hot tub at the watersports area during those few hours. That's just my opinion that I thought I'd throw out there.
    Julie

I should say the pool bar does close around six but you can swim all you want unless they are being cleaned. Yoy can get drinks at Patios bar that is close by.

The swim up bar closes at CSA around sunset, but the pool itself remains open (you just can't get a drink from the swim-up bar). The pools and hot tubs at CSA do not close except for cleaning.

The only time you can not use the pools is when they are cleaning them early in the morning. The bar in the pool might be closed, but the pool is always open. It can be really refreshing some nights after dinner to take a nice dip in either the hot tub or pool.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

When I was at CTI last, the swim up pool bar closed around 6 but we swam in the pool much later than that. No worries!
    Bonnie & Jon

At CN, I've never seen folks in the pool when we go to dinner -- and we eat at 6:30. There are usually people in the jacuzzis -- and they can be there well into the night. I would say that the pool "closes" when the swim up bar closes -- at least for CN.

Default agree totally with Maxernie

I agree with Maxernie's comments. CSA has same problem with people in wet bathing suits slopping water as they tromp up to the Patois Bar to get drinks in the evening, spoiling the ambience for those of us who have dressed up and are having a pre-dinner drink. (Usually they have already had too many, and are loud and 'messy'. We have also had the unfortunate experience of being awakened at 2 a.m. by a very loud crowd of people drinking in the hot tub in the middle of the 'new' section. (This happened several nights in a row.) Please feel free to swim wherever you want at any hour, but cool it with the excessive noise, and try to not drip water around the bar if you need more drinks. This is also a safety issue as the floor becomes very slippery. Just my 2 cents, but it is one of my two pet peeves, the other one being those dudes who come to the a la carte restaurants for dinner in cargo shots, cheap tees with sayings on them, and baseball caps! If you want to look and act like 2 star people, go to a 2 star resort.

The pool never closes. They clean them very early but that's it. We swim after dinner each night to relax. People eating rarely see us. The swim up bar closes way too early. Usually 4-5 I think. But you can swim all night if imagine as long as you're not disruptive.

Thanks so much! Glad to know the pools are open if we want to swim...quietly!

Quote Originally Posted by thomp View Post
    I agree with Maxernie's comments. CSA has same problem with people in wet bathing suits slopping water as they tromp up to the Patois Bar to get drinks in the evening, spoiling the ambience for those of us who have dressed up and are having a pre-dinner drink. (Usually they have already had too many, and are loud and 'messy'. We have also had the unfortunate experience of being awakened at 2 a.m. by a very loud crowd of people drinking in the hot tub in the middle of the 'new' section. (This happened several nights in a row.) Please feel free to swim wherever you want at any hour, but cool it with the excessive noise, and try to not drip water around the bar if you need more drinks. This is also a safety issue as the floor becomes very slippery. Just my 2 cents, but it is one of my two pet peeves, the other one being those dudes who come to the a la carte restaurants for dinner in cargo shots, cheap tees with sayings on them, and baseball caps! If you want to look and act like 2 star people, go to a 2 star resort.
    So, Men are to wear dressy shorts and dressy shirts to the a al carte restaurants? December will be our first visit so I have no idea what Men are expected to wear other then for the two restaurants that require dress 'clothes' (slacks, closed shoes, collared shirt). I want to start shopping for hubby - guess cargo shorts are not to be worn for dinner? I looked at going to Sandals vs. CSA but Sandals looked very high class and "snobbish" and decided to go with CSA. We like to dress up for dinner, but not every night. We are in our 50's so I wouldn't consider ourselves dude and dudette. So would like to know what men wear to dinner when it's not reservation night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbutterfly View Post
    So, Men are to wear dressy shorts and dressy shirts to the a al carte restaurants? December will be our first visit so I have no idea what Men are expected to wear other then for the two restaurants that require dress 'clothes' (slacks, closed shoes, collared shirt). I want to start shopping for hubby - guess cargo shorts are not to be worn for dinner? I looked at going to Sandals vs. CSA but Sandals looked very high class and "snobbish" and decided to go with CSA. We like to dress up for dinner, but not every night. We are in our 50's so I wouldn't consider ourselves dude and dudette. So would like to know what men wear to dinner when it's not reservation night.
    We are also in our 50's (51 & 52) & my husband wears cargo shorts with a nice polo or button down shirt & leather flip flops or boat shoes to dinner at CN (also been to CSA & CSS) when he doesn't wear slacks & looks "dressed up" fine .... That's what lots of men are wearing .... Also a lot of men wear cotton type more casual slacks. Think what thomp was referring to (because my husband & I feel the same way) are the guys that look like they just wandered in directly from the beach for dinner looking like they might be ready to go out & mow their lawn or something in a pair of wrinkled up cargo shorts & faded out t-shirt, etc. .... Their wife will be looking great in a nice sundress or something & he looks like a beach bum. We aren't the "dress up every night kind of couple" either .... Out of 8 nights, we dress up 4 nights (him in dress slacks & me in a dress) ..... The rest of the time, I wear long shorts or capris with a nicer top & he wears cargo shorts (not the wrinkled up ones) with a nice shirt & all is fine. Enjoy shopping for your trip .... I LOVE that part.
    Julie

Ironbutterfly, hubby wears nice khaki shorts and a Tommy Bahama type or polo type shirt to Lemongrass or the Palms for dinner. Cargo shorts are for the beach imo. He has dressier sandals that he wears too. Just don't wear something you'd wear to the beach that's all. He will wear slacks to dinner at the non reservation restaurants sometimes but generally nice khaki shorts, have fun !!

Ironbutterfly - Palms and Patois are non-reservation restaurants for dinner at CSA. Bob usually wears dress shorts and a polo for these restaurants at night. For the beach party, he'll wear a t-shirt and shorts. For Lemongrass (reservations) he usually wears a polo and slacks, but guys can also wear dress shorts, non-collared shirts, and sandals to Lemongrass. Feathers is the only restaurant that requires slacks for the guys. So, are cargo shorts OK for the Palms and Patois? I've certainly seen them at both restaurants. I think what they try to discourage at dinner at any of the restaurants are muscle shirts and gym shorts (although I've seen that, too).

Sorry. I may have overstated my case. Neat cargo shorts and a nice tee are more than acceptable - just lose the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by thomp View Post
    Sorry. I may have overstated my case. Neat cargo shorts and a nice tee are more than acceptable - just lose the cap.
    OK, I got what you were saying as well as others about the cargo shorts and wearing muscle shirts and baseball caps to dinner. Thanks for clarifying. There are some really nice cargo shorts (that actually look like dress shorts) out in the stores. I did buy some button down shirts and some nice polo's so far...now will tackle the shorts and nice dress pants and shoes.

Ok, thanks for explaining.... yeah, wife dressed up and the guy dressed in wife beater shirt and faded, ripped cargo shorts, not very appealing. Started on the shirts, button downs and polo's...Now to do the shorts, shoes and pants. I completed all my shopping, well, of course, unless I spot something else...woman's perogative you know...ha ha.

Thank you so much for replying. I know now what to shop for...I can hear the cash register ringing up a storm as I type LOL...

Thank you, going to put a dent in the credit card now that I know what to buy and what is appropriate.