Default 2014 rates to increase on June 20. Book by June 19 to Save!

Greetings to all:

In some cases, the $300 resort credit will disappear AND rates will increase. IF you have not made your reservation yet for 2014, now is the time to do so. Rates will be going up on June 20 at all resorts.

Remember, with our LoveAway payment plan, just $100 will hold your dates, rates and resort credits.

Couples Resorts

Made our reservations for CSA 4/19-4/26 2014 ......three timer

Randyman,

In order to get the resort credit, do we have to book through "Couples" directly or do we get it if we book through a travel agen?

Thanks

Bill and Betty Lou

Any idea what the percentage of increase might be?

Also if we book specific dates in Jun of 14 can they be adjusted a day or two either way to compensate for flights that are not posted yet?

Can Couples give the same itinerary as other travel sites? I have a trip with the flight I wanted on a travel site that is $600 total cheaper than what I'm getting quoted with Couples directly. When I check using Couples reservation system the flight I'd like to use is not an option. Ready to book our trip for next May!

blfm, for what it's worth the other travel site lists the $300 resort credit in the details as a current special.

Made our reservations for CN in August 2014. This will be our 6th trip.

Default Booking at Couples

What is the best/cheapest way to book our vacation at Couples? Straight through the couples resorts or through a 3rd party websites like expedia and all inclusive resort outlet?

If we book for 2014 and have to change the dates because of work or family will we have the same rate or will we have to pay rate increase?

Quote Originally Posted by bradkbrand View Post
    What is the best/cheapest way to book our vacation at Couples? Straight through the couples resorts or through a 3rd party websites like expedia and all inclusive resort outlet?
    bradkbrand, My advice - find the cheapest rate available on line, then find a travel agent who will match that price and have the benefit of a living, breathing person to help with all aspects of your travel as well as the cost benefit of on line booking.

When I researched the cost of both this year's trip in August as well as next year's, I compared the cost from Couples with as many other sites as I could locate. Allinclusiveoutlet.com and cheapcaribbean.com were both lower than Couples rates and both included all the same promotional perks as well. This last March they offered a $200 resort credit AND a free night for all stays of 7 days or more if your stay was for Aug 19th or later. Allinclusiveoutlet.com gave the same deal with air fare included for $200 less. I've reserved a 10 night stay for Aug 2014 today, taking advantage of the lower rates and $300 resort credit. It's too early to book air fare included, but room alone, Couples cost would have been $3,220 for 10 nights in the Premier Ocean View room but allinclusiveoutlet.com has the same room and same days for 3011, $209 cheaper, or put another way, $301 per night versus $322 per night with Couples booking. I prefer to deal with an actual person for a travel agent just in case anything goes wrong, in which case they can often intercede on your behalf and get things done you couldn't get done on your own, so I did not book through any on line site. Instead I contacted a travel agency that would agree to match the cheapest price I could find and they happily matched the allinclusiveoutlet.com price for both this year's trip as well as next year's. If the Couples rate goes down they will also renegotiate for the lower rate, the same as Couples will. My travel agent has been very good about giving us options for other excursions if we choose to do anything not already included, and booked us with Club Mobay for our departure. Since it's hurricane season, we opted to take out travel insurance, also offered through our travel agent. The cost of "cancel for any reason" insurance was $179.98. We can cancel for any reason whatsoever up to an hour before departure and get our money back (except the cost of the insurance).

Feel free to contact me at vgreenwood799@gmail.com if you'd like to contact my travel agent for the same sort of deal, although by the time this gets through the message board moderator and posted it will be too late for the 2014 promotion, but there will be other great deals coming up. All on line sites I've seen provide the same promotional benefits as Couples for any of their sales, whether that be resort credits, free nights, or reduced rates. . Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Can Couples give the same itinerary as other travel sites? I have a trip with the flight I wanted on a travel site that is $600 total cheaper than what I'm getting quoted with Couples directly. When I check using Couples reservation system the flight I'd like to use is not an option. Ready to book our trip for next May!

blfm, for what it's worth the other travel site lists the $300 resort credit in the details as a current special.
    In order to get couples we had to go through Nolitours which is basically Air Transat. Travel Agent had no info on the credit

Bill